Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Simon and Garfunkel: Atlanta 2003 (Soundboard) FLAC

simgar-20031220-front
Philips Arena
Atlanta, GA, USA
Saturday, 20th December, 2003

Source: SBD/ALD?
Lineage: DAT > CDR(x) > EAC > FLAC
Transfered by: Neilytones/Purple Chick
File Size: 554MB (FLAC)

Disc One
1: Old Friends/Bookends
2: A Hazy Shade of Winter
3: I Am a Rock
4: America
5: At the Zoo
6: Baby Driver
7: Kathy's Song
8: history of s&g
9: Hey, Schoolgirl
10: Wake Up Little Susie
11: All I Have To Do Is Dream
12: Let it Be Me
13: Bye Bye Love
14: Scarborough Fair
15: Homeward Bound
16: The Sound of Silence

Disc Two
1: Mrs. Robinson
2: Slip Slidin' Away
3: El Condor Pasa (If I Could)
4: Keep the Customer Satisfied
5: The Only Living Boy in New York
6: American Tune
7: My Little Town
8: Bridge Over Troubled Water
9: Cecilia
10: The Boxer
11: The Leaves That Are Green
12: The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
13: Mrs. Robinson

Notes: This is either a genuine SBD or an excellent ALD recording (there is none of the usual interference that goes with ALDs). Either way it's one of the best documents of their recent shows, if not *the* best. Enjoy!

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-46a8ff
http://lix.in/-482fa0
http://lix.in/-49b641
http://lix.in/-4b3ce2
http://lix.in/-4cc383
http://lix.in/-4e4a24


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-4cc38d
http://lix.in/-4e4a2e
http://lix.in/-408e8f
http://lix.in/-421530
http://lix.in/-439bd1
http://lix.in/-452272


Comments welcome.

5 comments:

Southern Boy said...

Oh my goodness... if I'd known this was out as a boot I'd have requested it earlier. Dave, this makes my day!

A story about this show... my wife was 9+ months pregnant with our first son the night of this show. We'd resisted getting tix b/c of that timing. But on the night of the show, with her belly way out to there, we said what the hell, let's go anyway -- we'll scalp the tix.

So we got to the venue and sure enough, found incredible seats (at a high price). It was some of the best money I've ever spent. Especially during "Bridge" I almost felt like I was floating! I know our baby boy was listening inside...

He was born 9 days later and all went well. So this specific show is our personal best memory of a musical event (other than taking that boy to his first real concert -- seeing Bob Dylan in Savannah Ga in 2005 -- got a FLAC boot of THAT show??).

Thanks for the memory!

Bojangles said...

Great story, Southern Boy. I have this recording already, but mine's a mono-recording. Is this the same ?

michael92105 said...

Nice post...memories of my childhood listening to this. Thanks again!

Copacetic47 said...

many thanks!

Prefabfan said...

Great sound, but a slipshod performance. And a foul mood for one Paul Simon. It always seemed that Garfunkel was the nice easy going guy,and Simon the D head. Here it comes off that way for sure, some nasty asides. Warts and all. Tahnks Big Dave.