A Skateboard Party
(Liberated Bootleg LP)
"Live 13.09.1982 in Satelite County"
(Stuttgart, Germany)
SBD Recording
Lineage: Vinyl>CoolEdit Pro 2.0>wav>declicking (just enough to remove some noise without distortion)>wav>CD Wave>Flac Frontend>flac
Side 1:
01 Man with the Dogs
02 Forward to Death
03 Kepone Factory
04 Life Sentence
05 Trust Your Mechanic
06 Moral Majority
07 Forest Fire
08 Winnebago Warrior
09 Police Truck
10 Bleed for Me
Side 2:
11 Holiday in Cambodia
12 Let's Lynch the Landlord
13 Chemical Warfare
14 Nazi Punks Fuck Off
15 We've Got a Bigger Problem Now
16 intermission with Heino
17 Too Drunk to Fuck
18 Kill the Poor
Band Info:
The Dead Kennedys were an American punk band from the first wave of American punk rock, formed in San Francisco, California in 1978. Pioneers of hardcore punk during the 1980s, the band gained a large underground following in the international punk music scene.
The music of the Dead Kennedys mixed the more experimental elements of British 1970s punk with the raw energy of the 1980s American hardcore punk scene. Dead Kennedys' songs mix the deliberately shocking lyrics of punk with a humorous, acerbic, satirical, and sarcastic left-wing commentary on current social and political issues. Many of the band's songs criticized the right-wing ideologies of the Christian right, the Presidency of Ronald Reagan, U.S. foreign policy, and consumerist culture.
In the late 1980s, the band was embroiled in an obscenity trial in the US over the 1985 Frankenchrist album, which included a poster with art that depicted penises (Penis Landscape by H. R. Giger). The band was charged criminally with distribution of harmful matter to minors, but the trial ended with a hung jury.
The band officially disbanded in 1986. From 1998-2004, the band was embroiled in an acrimonious lawsuit over royalties and rights to the band's music. In 2001, the band re-formed and began touring with a new vocalist over the objections of former lead singer Jello Biafra, who, after losing the lawsuit and being found liable for fraud, filed two appeals that he later lost.
Format:
Flac (Compression Level 8)
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-47c145
http://lix.in/-4947e6
http://lix.in/-4ace87
http://lix.in/-4c5528
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-4ddbc9
http://lix.in/-4f626a
http://lix.in/-41a6cb
http://lix.in/-432d6c
Comments welcome.
9 comments:
Great variety Dave!
I love what you do.
A request...have you come across a Velvet Underground set called Dispatches from the Dream Factory?
You have shared so many things with me I shouldn't dare ask for more...
but there I go!
Anyway, thanks again soo much for everything.
Ever grateful,
William
Right on! For it's age, this sounds very good. Thx indeed Dave!
Thanks for the lossless DKs!
ive had this LP since it came out. ive always been under the impression that this was some sort of radio broadcast, if that matters.
Thanks for posting this. You sure do try to provide something for all tastes, don't you.
There is confusion as to the status of this LP. Some sources (such as Wikipedia) say that Starving Missile Records had a legitimate deal with Alternative Tentacles to release it. Other sources, including _Hot Wacks Book Supplement 2_ say that it's a bootleg. Due to its minimalist packaging design, its limited release, and the fact that it's a live recording, most seem to have assumed that it's a bootleg. That does make for a sexier story, doesn't it?
I bought my copy of this LP in the '80s from a record shop whose stock in trade was such as to leave the legitimacy of the release in doubt. However, I seem to remember that the proprietors, who were quite open with me about such things, assured me that it was a legitimate release.
Either way, it's rare, it's live, and it's pretty damned cool.
Thanks again.
Hey, this is for WM in the first comment. I cleared it with Dave about posting links in this section and he's cool with it as long as their boots as well. Here is a link to part one of the VU's "Dispatches from the Dream Factory" in FLAC format. I got it at Henry's Archive (http://onurlar.blogspot.com/2008/12/blog-post.html) here are two links, 1st p1 Flac:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A3QT25ML
2nd I think the entire thing in mp3:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mmmjmowdxmr
Enjoy, I feel like Santa Clause =) Now I understand why Dave does this all.
From what I understand the DK allowed a friend of the band that needed money to put out this release as a limited edition of X number copies but he didn't stop at the agreed upon amount of copies and went way overboard. I guess this would be a perfect example of a "grey area release" in that the band initially gave it's approval but then revoked said approval when the "contract" was eventually breached. Whatever the case I would consider this to be a bootleg.
Also, this should be a lot harder to find than it is but over the years I've had 4 copies bought in various places around the world. I even picked one up in West Germany when it was still West Germany. All come from the same plates as verified by the matrix numbers engraved into the dead wax of all copies.
All in all this is a great show that belongs in every DK fan's collection.
Thanks very much for the Velvets link RevolutionaryBum...I will definitely check it out!
Very best regards,
Wm
A DK boot! A first for me. Love this band. JB is one of the most articulate men in rock.
Post a Comment