Bytors Battle 2.01
Media: 1 CDR
Time: 79:20
Catalog: Digital Reproductions: DR 32576-9
Source: Soundboard
Date: October 25, 1976
Location: Paramount Theater, Seattle, Washington, USA
Bookmark: http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/database/review.php?RecordingID=865
Recorded live at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, Washington on October 25, 1976. This is a fine sounding live performance from the "AtWaS" tour. This is a newer, lower Gen source that has the complete performance this time including the famous "guitar & drum" jam. The sound is much improved, more open sounding with much clearer high end and lower tape hiss. The speed problem is also fixed on this release. This is one of those soundboards that needs to be played loud, very loud. I'm thinking this is a soundboard by the way the drums sound and the panning of the drum rolls. If it is an audience recording, it is one of the best audience recordings of all time for capturing stereo separation. This is the most devastatingly heavy Rush recording I've ever heard. They just don't sound like they are playing on this night, they sound like they're trying to bludgeon the audience! Geddy's bass has a real growl to it tonight and Alex's guitar is about as full range as I've ever heard. This is without a doubt my favorite show of the tour to listen. The energy and the power of the band is just incredible. A must have show.
DISC 1:
01 - Bastille Day 5:08
02 - Anthem 5:04
03 - Lakeside Park 4:20
04 - 2112 15:47
05 - Fly By Night 2:04
06 - In The Mood 3:02
07 - Something For Nothing 3:51
08 - Guitar And Drum Jam 3:10
09 - In The End 6:42
10 - Bytor And The Snowdog 12:11
11 - Working Man / Finding My Way / Drum Solo 14:32
12 - Best I Can 3:22
converted from verified shn to wav via mkw to flac level 8 via TLH (April 21, 2009)
2.0
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-47397e
http://lix.in/-48c01f
http://lix.in/-4a46c0
http://lix.in/-4bcd61
http://lix.in/-4d5402
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-459429
http://lix.in/-471aca
http://lix.in/-48a16b
http://lix.in/-4a280c
http://lix.in/-4baead
Comments welcome.
12 comments:
Thanks for a great '76 show!
Tommy Bolin was also on the bill for this night and the next at The Paramount with Rush. Any Bolin laying around Dave? He was amazing and died way too young. In fact, he would be dead before the end of '76.
I agree.
I'm still Bustin' Out for Rosie but I will have to look for some of his boots.
If I recall correctly, his estate released many bootlegs "officially" and took quite a number out of circulation.
Again, I will have to investigate but it will be worth the look.
WOW!
Working Man is blasting through the air right now. This performance is a pure, unadulterated, incendiary assault! It's awesome, and a typical Rush concert in the mid-to-late 70's. This is my favourite period for Rush, because, really, back then they were a three man heavy metal unit.
And yes, the louder this is played, the better it sounds. Crank it!
Thanks
medinaray
Thanks...looking forward to this one as I love the bombast of early Rush (before all the synths took over). Also went back to the archives and downloaded Fifth Order of Angels, which is another classic of the era.
Side note: Also downloaded the Who's Fillmore Show from '68. I have a different version that also includes "Young Man Blues" as track 13 (at the end of My Generation)...not sure why they decided not to include it on this one and fade out instead, but figured I'd download the one you have an compare the sound (and maybe make a hybrid of the two with all the songs).
Adendum:
Some sources have the final Wh? song as actually being from 1969. Not a Wh?-ficianado, but that could explain why some boots are missing the "final" song. Been a while since I listened to it, so have to go back and listen to mine again and see how the CD handles the transition between the two.
My 1st concert was Rush on this tour at the Paramount Theater in Austin Texas. This is gonna be fun. Thank you
thank you, jjp
Would it be possible to post the original shorten files? It'd be great to have this show in its original format.
Thank you so much!
Can't wait to hear.
You sir ROCK!!
Thank you Dave. Have 'Seattle Night' already and am curious of the little difference between the two. Always trust you and digital dan . . . so here we go :D
Rob
Muchas Gracias!!
thanks!
Post a Comment