Live'Trane Underground
DISC 1
Miles Davis Quintet, 1960:
Unknown venue, probably West Germany
between March 21 and April 10, 1960
1. So What (10:36--beginning cut off)
2. 'Round Midnight (5:46)
3. Walkin' (11:01--incomplete)
4. So What (10:17)
Miles Davis (trumpet)
John Coltrane (tenor sax)
Wynton Kelly (piano)
Paul Chambers (bass)
Jimmy Cobb (drums)
Kongresshalle
Frankfurt am Main, West Germany
March 30, 1960
5. announcement (0:15)
6. So What (12:57)
7. All of You (9:50--incomplete)
Miles Davis (trumpet)
John Coltrane (tenor sax)
Wynton Kelly (piano)
Paul Chambers (bass)
Jimmy Cobb (drums)
DISC 2
John Coltrane Quintet
Olympia Theatre, Paris, Nov. 18, 1961
First concert (6:30 pm):
1. Impressions (10:53)
2. I Want to Talk About You (6:52)
3. Blue Train (16:07)
4. My Favorite Things (22:33)
5. announcement by Norman Granz (1:41)
6. Impressions (same as track 1, different source (10:54)
John Coltrane (tenor sax, soprano sax),
Eric Dolphy (alto sax),
McCoy Tyner (piano),
Reggie Workman (bass),
Elvin Jones (drums).
DISC 11
Liederhalle, Stuttgart, Nov. 4, 1963
1. The Promise (7:32)
2. Afro Blue (6:48)
3. I Want to Talk About You (10:42)
4. Impressions (28:52)
John Coltrane (soprano sax, tenor sax)
McCoy Tyner (piano)
Jimmy Garrison (bass)
Elvin Jones (drums).
DISC 12
Liederhalle, Stuttgart, Nov. 4, 1963--continued
1. My Favorite Things (18:51)
2. Every Time We Say Goodbye (6:11)
3. Mr. P.C. (35:52)
John Coltrane (soprano sax, tenor sax)
McCoy Tyner (piano)
Jimmy Garrison (bass)
Elvin Jones (drums)
Artwork included for each disc
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-466bb6
http://lix.in/-47f257
http://lix.in/-4978f8
http://lix.in/-4aff99
http://lix.in/-4c863a
http://lix.in/-3eca9b
http://lix.in/-40513c
http://lix.in/-41d7dd
http://lix.in/-435e7e
http://lix.in/-44e51f
http://lix.in/-466bc0
http://lix.in/-47f261
http://lix.in/-497902
http://lix.in/-4affa3
http://lix.in/-4c8644
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-4c8626
http://lix.in/-3eca87
http://lix.in/-405128
http://lix.in/-41d7c9
http://lix.in/-435e6a
http://lix.in/-44e50b
http://lix.in/-466bac
http://lix.in/-47f24d
http://lix.in/-4978ee
http://lix.in/-4aff8f
http://lix.in/-4c8630
http://lix.in/-3eca91
http://lix.in/-405132
http://lix.in/-41d7d3
http://lix.in/-435e74
Comments welcome.
4 comments:
This is a very interesting post.
Obrigado!
I think it says good things about you as a person that you appreciate so many kinds of music, from various races. Must be that Dutch influences, with their shop signs: "We have 157 nationalities and we all get along" (till recently, anyway). Will download the Miles and Trane. Stereo??
BTW, I was there for the last Miles show, Hollywood Bowl 1991.
Grrrrrreat post QB!! Thanks a ton. Have been a COltrain fan for a long time.
I am sorry I missed this one. Coltrane deserves to be heard by the masses. Thanks for the many other great posts.
Post a Comment