Monday, April 13, 2009

Jimi Hendrix: Tonight Show 1969 (audio) wav

Jimi_Hendrix_sm
07/10/69
Johnny Carson Tonight Show, NBC TV, New York
with Billy Cox on bass and Ed Shaunessy on drums
Broadcast > Reel-to-Reel > CDR

1. Interview with Flip Wilson
2. Lover Man (amp blows)
3. Lover Man

Not very common; short but sweet.

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-3e89ff

megaupload:
http://lix.in/-463b3c

Comments welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the Jimi. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Now THIS I have never before seen... ultra cool... thanks Dave.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, How come when I type in Jimi Hendrix on your search box I get a bunch of selections but when I type in Hallandale in your search box I get the Hendrix show I was seeking but it wasn't included in the first search? Am I doing something wrong? No complaint and you know I love the site and appreciate everything... but just wondering.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, wonderful! Love to hear these Jimi interviews and to notice that the interviewers (not Johnny Carson by the way but Flip Wilson who was apparently tapping a watermelon on his desk during the interview) were somehow not on the same level as Jimi. He was way ahead of his time. Loverman is great too, no problem for Jimi to go stratospheric in front of a tv studio audience. Imagine him in front of Jay Leno!

Best, Dutchy

Stadium Studios said...

Very cool post QB! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

cant believe this one.

pretty cool

Obrigado!

orly said...

NO LINKS FOR HENDRIX?

orly said...

SORRY I CAN SEE THE LINK