Monday, November 14, 2011

Pink Floyd: Paris 1977 (Ex- Aud) FLAC

newly released first gen! (this can't wait until Friday!)
PF77Comp
Pavillon de Paris
Paris, France
February 25th, 1977
Source: 1st gen from EX stereo audience reel tape - Personal collection, NOT from "Unauthorised Live" silver disc of different quality.

OU: I have already shared here a SECOND gen incomplete tape (missing Have a Cigar and Wish you were here) from the same recorder. This post is an UPGRADE : my good friend LETSGO / SM gave me his COMPLETE 1ST GEN. tape of the show for digitalizing puposes (same recorder).God Bless Him !
Lineage : couple of AKG mics
-> UHER reel recorder
-> my 1st gen Europe Type I tapes
-> Nakamichi Dragon dolby off for playback
-> Zoom H2
-> Goldwave v.5.56 for edits,tracks, channels mix.
-> TLH 2.4.1 (build 160)-> FLAC level 8 align on sector boundaries -> md5s

Disc One: (0:50:42)
101. Sheep
102. Pigs On The Wing (Part 1)
103. Dogs
104. Pigs On The Wing (Part 2)
105. Pigs (Three Different Ones)
(end of first set)

Disc Two: (1:02:22)
201. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)
202. Welcome To The Machine
203. Have A Cigar
204. Wish You Were Here
205. Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
206. Money

Total time 1:53:05
Taped by G.D.
Digitalized, prepared and shared by finkployd49 (November 2011)
Enjoy the music, dont'sell it on e-bay.
Support the artists.
Sorry no artwork, feel free to make one.

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-a5c72f
or
http://lix.in/-a2b9f7
http://lix.in/-a44098
http://lix.in/-a5c739
http://lix.in/-a74dda
http://lix.in/-a8d47b
http://lix.in/-aa5b1c
http://lix.in/-abe1bd
http://lix.in/-ad685e

or
http://zkrzmk.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmm.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmz.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmn.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmc.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmr.link-protector.com
http://zkrzms.link-protector.com
http://zkrzzx.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-a74db2
or
http://lix.in/-a4407a
http://lix.in/-a5c71b
http://lix.in/-a74dbc
http://lix.in/-a8d45d
http://lix.in/-aa5afe
http://lix.in/-abe19f
http://lix.in/-ad6840
http://lix.in/-aeeee1

or
http://zkrzkz.link-protector.com
http://zkrzkn.link-protector.com
http://zkrzkc.link-protector.com
http://zkrzkr.link-protector.com
http://zkrzks.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmx.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmw.link-protector.com
http://zkrzmv.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning and thanks for this upgrade Dave! I've got a serious question- Dave/Floyd Fans- What do you think are the top 5 77 tour shows available?
For Me: AI- Oakland Ca-5/9/77
: Boston gardens- 6/27/77
: Pavillion de Paris- 2/25/77
My first show was Cleveland Stadium '77- not great quality. I have been in search of what fans think are the top 5. Dave your opinion is also very valuable as you are such a fan and know all. I've purchased many silvers from this tour and have been dissappointed w most.
I really want to know what you all think. If you don't mind taking the time please let me know. Thanks for any replies in advance- Peace Barry

Ismael said...

Thank you very very much.This is my favorite tour!
Could you post the floyd show in Barcelona 1988?I have found it in the web:infloydwetrust but i don´t know how to download it.Thanks again.
Ismael

Anonymous said...

Barry,
My go-to show for 77 tour has always been Oakland 5/9/77. AI might be the obvious choice, but for me personally there is a version over on Just Add Cones which is superior. It was put out by Mouth of the Beast and is available in 24bit/96khz. Just search on the date over at the good Doctors site and you will find it. As far as other 77 shows, most are sub-par,but listening to this new 1st gen,I have to say it's not bad. Shine On!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!! Thank you very much for this one!
Lea

Jason said...

Top '77 Shows for me:

* Montreal. Shine On 6-9 always takes my breath away.
* Boston Garden. Perfect Day indeed.
* Oakland. Hard to argue with that quality.
* Paris (2-22).

I have a feeling this one will be in the group.

Henning2804 said...

Wauw - a pleasant surprise. Compare it to any cassette audience recording of the day, and be blown away by superior bass, dynamic range and fidelity.

kike said...

Thank for this gem on PF! Best regards, K.

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty darn good. I predict a remaster and AI will have competition for best sounding '77 show.

Anonymous said...

this is really good, the sound is great thanks for not waiting till friday.

dstache said...

First off, I'm a deadhead, and I have no problems grading a Dead show, but with other bands I like, if the sound quality is A-/A, I am gonna enjoy the show. With that said, I have 19 shows from this tour, and the shows I graded as A sound quality, and the ones I most highly recommend, are 2/22 Dragged Down by the Stone, 2/27 Munich Machine (WYWH set is mostly awesome stereo), 5/9 of course, 6/27 Have a Cigar (also have Lampinski but Cigar is slightly superior), 7/2 In the Grassland Away, and 7/6 Azimuth Coord. P2 Rev 1 MoLM. I also graded the previous GD/finkployd version of this show as an AUD A, but because it was missing the 2 tracks I was a little disappointed. I'm really excited about this one. Thanks for giving it to us, Dave!

Beth said...

If this is too good to share on Friday, I can only imagine what kind of supreme Floyd goodies you'll have for us then.

Top Five 1977 shows:

1. Mr. Pig -- Oakland Alameda Coliseum, Oakland, CA; May 9th, 1977

2. Iron Pigs on Fire -- Tarrant County Convention Center, Fort Worth, TX; May 1st, 1977

3. Lampinski Master Recording -- Boston Garden, Boston, MA; June 27th, 1977

4. Look Over Jordan -- Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland; February 3rd, 1977

5. Racial Violence -- Stadhalle, Vienna, Austria; February 1st, 1977

Now, those are without this date added, as I haven't listened to it yet. Those five are based on the boots I have. I by no means consider myself an authority on PF's bootlegs, but I have more than enough (especially from this tour) to know what I like, and what I'd recommend to others.

Anonymous said...

not a bad choice beth

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that the last minute or so of SOYCD 6-9 was cut.

Anonymous said...

SOYCD 6-9 is both trax 5 and 6 with Money being a track 7.
This is a great listen Animals Fans.

Dave thanx for an early friday!
A day that can never come to quick!

Anonymous said...

I see that now, thanks!

Anonymous said...

SOYCD 6-9

Anytime fellow Floyd Fan! Enjoy!
I'm awaiting the time to compare this to Oakland which it tough to beat but at a quick listen I was amazed.

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.
Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used.
Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise.
If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this
maze?

Anonymous said...

Hi to all,
There a thousands of PF bootlegs but why do you think there are no SBD-EX stereo audio quality recording that exist? 95% are only AUD.

Beth said...

Anonymous - Perhaps because their sound engineer, or whoever was working the desk, was better about keeping soundboards under lock and key.

I actually don't care for soundboards, because I find them too sterile. If I'm listening to a bootleg, I want to feel like I'm there, and I can't if there's no audience noise. Yes, sometimes the people around the taper can be obnoxious, but it's part of the ambiance. I'm 29, I never got to see them live, so boots are the way that I can "see" their live shows. Without the feeling that I'm listening to a live show, I might as well just put on the studio albums.

Anonymous said...

I agree with beth.i like audience recordings.you can put on your headphones close your eyes and imagine you are there,soundboards are great quality,but you would as well just put on an LP.an audience recording gives you the feel of the show.

Jason said...

I understand the view that soundboards are too sterile...but the Zeppelin soundboards from the '75 tour will disabuse you of that opinion pretty quick. Luckily we have access to a number of high quality audience recordings for the Floyd. It's unfortunate that many are not as good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for your recommendations. interesting dis. about SBD's vs AUD's. I am also a deadhead and saw the band at least 100x' 1st show 1981- last Jerry's last at Soldier Field, besides the various incantations since. I've been on both sides of this one and having both the dead's sbds and aud of so many of the same shows I now say that when I reach for a cd it's a SBD. However fully acknowledge the aud feel - been doing this for over 25yrs and that's me.
As far as the Floyd- Fav band of alltime, I was lucky enough to see them only once before they split and that was the '77 Cleve Stadium gig, then have seen every Pink Floyd/Roger Waters tour since. With the Floyd I much prefer the SBDs - think of the Paris theater, Fillmore West (just ordered Sigma 70- hard to locate and $- hope it's worth the hype). I have a very large floyd collection and strive to obtain the finest quality sbd or aud available but much prefer the sbds. Can you imagine a '73; '75; '77 official release esp given the quality of the exper edition of WYWH wembley set. Again only an opinion and respect any viewpoint.
P.S.- Beth, if you have never seen a floyd or waters show I would STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU to see Waters when he returns w the wall- saw it in 2010 and was the best show I've ever seen. '77 best as far as the full band. Have already preordered for Pitt on 7/3.
Peace- Barry