Friday, November 25, 2011

Simon and Garfunkel: Los Angeles 1968 (Soundboard) .ape

The first of 3 of the Grapefruit series - the others will be up this weekend.
front
Mrs Robinson - Live in Los Angeles, 1968
EAC Rip
Image (Cue&Log)
Scans Included
Label: Grapefruit - # GRA-042-A

1. Mrs Robinson
2. Homeward Bound
3. Intro
4. April Come She Will
5. Fakin It
6. Overs
7. The 59th St Bridge Song (Feelin Groovy)
8. Intro
9. America
10. A Most Peculair Man
11. I Am A Rock
12. At The Zoo
13. Scarborough Fair-Canticle
14. Bye Bye Love
15. Cloudy
16. The Leaves That Are Green
17. Punky's Dilemma
20. The Dangling Conversation
22. For Emily Whenever I May Find Her
23. A Poem On The Underground Wall
24. Anji
25. The Sound Of Silence
26. Richard Cory
27. Old Friends
28. Bookends
29. He Was My Brother
Time: 01:10:28

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-afacaf
or
http://lix.in/-a80b94
http://lix.in/-a99235
http://lix.in/-ab18d6
http://lix.in/-ac9f77
http://lix.in/-ae2618

or
http://zmxzcz.link-protector.com
http://zmxzcn.link-protector.com
http://zmxzcc.link-protector.com
http://zmxzcr.link-protector.com
http://zmxzcs.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-a80b80
or
http://lix.in/-afaca5
http://lix.in/-b13346
http://lix.in/-a377a7
http://lix.in/-a4fe48
http://lix.in/-a684e9

or
http://zmxzcx.link-protector.com
http://zmxzcw.link-protector.com
http://zmxzcv.link-protector.com
http://zmxzck.link-protector.com
http://zmxzcm.link-protector.com


http://www.burrrn.net/ is a great (free) resource that allows easy handling of cue files as well as shn, flac, ape, etc. formats.

6 comments:

Alex said...

Awesome - thanks Dave! (and happy post-Thanksgiving)

Always great to see any show connected with Paul Simon on here, I perk up extra when I see these. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lossless files of this Hollywood Bowl Aug. 23, 1968 show.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great however with APE files, I really always have trouble with converting them to cd.
Despite the quality of this (and it is GREAT) there's nothing I can do with it.
I tried using AVS converter, but it did not handle it well at all.
Any suggestions?

Gordonskene said...

I was wondering when this was going to show up. I own the masters of this concert and the DAT I had made for a friend at Rhino Records was stolen by the-then Art Director who sold it to a bootlegger in Italy. The rest, as they say is history. A little technical note - the original tapes were cut at 7 1/2 ips 1/2 track mono which was the standard operating procedure of the Hollywood Bowl engineers at the time. The irony of all of this is, the Holllywood Bowl was the first facility to install the then-new Ampex taping system in 1949. The Bowl faithfully recorded everything from 1949 until the Musicians Union discovered the taping system shortly after this concert in 1968 and ordered, not only a halt to the procedure, but a destruction of all the tapes that were stored at the Bowl. Luckily, a lot of tapes were rescued and carted off to various homes and some were just stored off site, which is where this tape comes from. At the time, the method of recording was pretty crude, since they relied on only the stage mics for their source. A lot of material from the late 1967 until just before the termination in 1968 isn't there because outside sound companies were brought in for rock concerts (Tychobrahe (sp?) being, I think, the first)as well as record labels bringing in their own recording equipment. The S&G concert was simple as it was just the two of them and no additional mics were needed. Anyway, there you have it.
G.S.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

jackalope said...

Thanks for the post - looking forward to listening. Comment is for the anonymous who has trouble with .ape files - the original converter has been available at http://www.monkeysaudio.com/ since inception. It's been updated a number of times and has always been quite dependable for me. Also, Burrrn (at http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=6) will burn convert .ape and many other file types on the fly and make an audio cd from them using a very simple drag and drop interface. Both are completely free and without spyware.