Friday, November 11, 2011

Free: Paris 1969 (VG Aud) FLAC

1969-4F
April (day?) 1969
Golf Drouot, Paris, France

CD1
01. Born Under A Bad Sign
02. Mean 'Ole World
03. Sugar For Mr Morrison
04. Free Me
05. Let Me Love You
06. Over The Green Hills
07. Hoochie Coochie Man
08. I'm A Mover (intro)
09. I'm A Mover

CD2
01. Rock Me Baby
02. The Worm
03. The Night Time
04. Moonshine
05. Walk In MY Shadow
06. Songs Of Yesterday
07. Crossroads
08. Waiting On You

CDR >xACT >Flac

OU: I don't know the exact lineage of this recording but I assume it is the best available as I got this disc from David Clayton a few years ago. David, if you don't know, is the authority when it comes to all things Free and wrote the sessionography for the box set and also the definitive book on Free 'Heavy Load'. As well as the music there is a folder containing some press cuttings about the band. I have more of them somewhere.

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-aba8ab
or
http://lix.in/-a58e31
http://lix.in/-a714d2
http://lix.in/-a89b73
http://lix.in/-aa2214
http://lix.in/-aba8b5
http://lix.in/-ad2f56

or
http://zkcmck.link-protector.com
http://zkcmcm.link-protector.com
http://zkcmcz.link-protector.com
http://zkcmcn.link-protector.com
http://zkcmcc.link-protector.com
http://zkcmcr.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-a713ce
or
http://lix.in/-b03b94
http://lix.in/-a27ff5
http://lix.in/-a40696
http://lix.in/-a58d37
http://lix.in/-a713d8
http://lix.in/-a89a79

or
http://zkcmnv.link-protector.com
http://zkcmnk.link-protector.com
http://zkcmnm.link-protector.com
http://zkcmnz.link-protector.com
http://zkcmnn.link-protector.com
http://zkcmnc.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does 'VG Aud' mean? very good audience? errrr No! half the time the sound only comes out of one speaker!

QualityBootZ said...

I only listen to it a few minutes before posting. Sorry.
What would you (objetively) call it?
VG-
G+
G-
Fair
Poor
?

Anonymous said...

Judging by the shed loads of great stuff on here, i wouldn't say i was worthy :-(

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave..I Love Free...Thank You..
Do you know of a boot that has video footage of the entire Isle of Wight Festival...Or any other DVD Free?

SOUL

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave, I'd say this is aud/vg ok! The main problem is the hiss level rising during quiet moments, probably caused by automatic recording level. When the volume is fixed between songs I'd call this vg+, already listening to my fixed version. The rare blues covers make this worth to download anyway. Cheers,mz

Anonymous said...

The sound is *quite good*, a VG for sure. Not being an expert, I used Wavosaur software and created a mono copy. IMHO, the results were positive.
People must remember that this is a 1969 recording (42 years old), recorded in what conditions nobody knows, and after all what happened to the tape during all these years?
A funny thing is that along the recording there is low volume, background music. I noticed Hendrix, Kinks, etc.(?)
This is Free and in particular, Kossoff, at their best.
Dave, thanks again for your generosity.
Brainy1000

Anonymous said...

"this is a 1969 recording (42 years old)........ what happened to the tape during all these years?"

It was dropped in the can in 1970 flushed 30000 times, somebody called Dynorod last week about a blockage, he fished it out and uploaded it to here!

Anonymous said...

Free was amazing!
Thank you very much!