Live In Sacramento, September 9, 1971 from "Moonshine Whiskey" boot (Oil Well RSC 024)
This may be FM sourced
1. Dead or Alive
2. Moonshine Whiskey
3. You're My Woman
4. These Dreams Of You
5. Domino
6. Call Me Up In Dreamland
7. Blue Money
8. Buona Sera
9. Into The Mystic
10. I've Been Working
11. Friday's Child
12. Hound Dog
13. Just Like a Woman
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-aa24ee
or
http://lix.in/-a40a6a
http://lix.in/-a5910b
http://lix.in/-a717ac
http://lix.in/-a89e4d
or
http://zkczvk.link-protector.com
http://zkczvm.link-protector.com
http://zkczvz.link-protector.com
http://zkczvn.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-b03f72
or
http://lix.in/-a717b6
http://lix.in/-a89e57
http://lix.in/-aa24f8
http://lix.in/-abab99
or
http://zkczvc.link-protector.com
http://zkczvr.link-protector.com
http://zkczvs.link-protector.com
http://zkczkx.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
7 comments:
I purchased this boot approx 15 years ago - sorry to report this is just the 5 sept gig with the trax in the wrong order and in inferior quality to the currently circulating versions.
The 2 Lion's Share San Anselmo shows (early and late) from 15 feb '73 (FM) are the essential early shows unavailable anywhere in lossless (best i've found is 192kb!!)
Anyway big thanks as always for all the great Van posts recently
ps for anyone interested 7 trax culled from the 2 San Anselmo gigs are available as bonus trax on the 'invocating the protector of angels' boot of the Montreux fest 1980. When you've heard these trax you'll definitely want the rest!!
Thank you!
I appreciate the clarification. The art said 9-9 but my folder said 9-5 - now I know why.
Yes, I think this is the famous Pacific Heights gig, just rebroadcast on a Sacramento radio station a few days later.
Still, THANK YOU for this and any Van you post, Dave. The fanatics like me really appreciate it every time!
I'm curious if anybody else out there has any thoughts about something I notice on at least one track of this boot. On track 9, Into the Mystic, if you listen to the beginning, you can very clearly hear Van singing quietly in the background, before he actually starts to sing. It is as if a background track is bleeding onto the main recording. This is strange. Oddly, I noticed it in another VM boot, of acoustic demos from around this period. I have no idea what would cause it, and cannot think of having heard it anywhere else. Anybody have any ideas? The only thing I can imagine in my experience is that this was sourced from an 8-track tape. I remember they sometimes used to do something like that, I guess when the 8-tracks were not perfectly aligned with the playing head. Anybody have any thoughts? Has anybody heard a version of this that does not have it?
That effect is noticeable on the boot of his acoustic demos from Moondance era, and I don't know why either. Would be curious to know...
Could it be "tape bleed?" On some of my very old tapes, the magnetic flux in the oxide of one layer passes through the tape backing, and magnitizes a weak imprint into the layer above, or below.
Post a Comment