Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Christmas in July

All-I-Want-For-Christmas-Is

Hi Friends,

My work computer had been in the shop for almost a week so I have not been as active on the blog as I normally am. No, I don't use work time for this but I do spend breaks and lunches on the blog (keeps me skinny, well skinnier, um, well at least I am not too bad off...).

I would love to hear from you some artists or groups that you haven't seen here or haven't seen enough of here. A Tony Bennett post is coming soon so don't request him ;)

Let me know what I can do to help to make you happy because I do appreciate all that you do for me too.

Dave

154 comments:

arnold paole said...

Again...Please, More Todd Rundgren!!!

TheSPHead said...

Maybe some Jonas Hellborg/Shawn Lane shows?
Thank you for great blog!

Steve626 said...

More classic chicago blues, please. And thanks for all your hard work and great music!

Anonymous said...

Luna and the subsequent Deand and Britt. Haven't seen any boots with real quality.
Andre

Belexes said...

Hi Dave,
what a nice surprise: Christmas in July. So, that´s my wishing list:
Asia, Pendragon (hard to find), Rory (of course), Kansas (always great), Saybia, Camel and some more Tull. A insider tip is Julian Sas (you will really like).
Hoping for some fine Christmas presents :-).
All the best for you & your family from Germany. And as always thank you very much for all the work.

Anonymous said...

Dave Dave Dave ... what a mensch you are!

Here's my list, and thanks for asking:

Annie Lennox
Lyle Lovett (esp w/ Large Band)
Jeff Beck
Los Lobos
Peter Gabriel
Trane, Miles, Mingus, Monk

and whatever else may move you.

Dave2 said...

The Kinks "On Holiday"

Anonymous said...

Here's some artists that show just how eccentric I am:

Clutch
Dwight Yoakam
Alex Chilton/BIG STAR/Box Tops
Roky Erickson/13th Floor Elevators
Charles Bukowski(poetry readings)

Dave's fan in NC

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave for all that you do...my ever growing collection keeps getting better thanks to you! You have such a wide range of musical interests and performers covered here so my mind keeps drawing a blank with someone you haven't posted, but how about some more from Brand X, Camel, Gong, Renaissance, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return To Forever, Steve Hackett, and Bill Bruford? Thanks again Dave...YOU ROCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am always very appreciative of early Genesis shows when they pop up so I vote for more of those! Thank you for all the great music though - no matter what the style.
Tom

Anonymous said...

Dave,

We all love and truly appreciate what you do on this BLOG...making QUALITY tunage available at the FLAC/SHN levels is HUGE!

I for one visit your site DAILY.

I would love to hear more Joe Bonamassa, recent stuff...although his older shows are great as well.

Stay Cool Man ('specially in THAT heat!)

Fla-Anonymous

J-PET said...

LOVE your site!
Would love it even more if you added some:
RESIDENTS
HENRY COW
ORB
the PINK FLOYD remixes (rumoured to be remixed by Alex Patterson - ORB)
MUFFINS
BANCO DE GAIA
FRED FRITH
NAKED CITY
AFRO CELT SOUNDSYSTEM
TERJE RYPDAL
THIS HEAT
JADE WARRIOR
GROBSCHNIDT
BLACKFIELD
GODLEY & CRMEM
10CC
BRAND X
XTC
TRANSATLANTIC
DEREK & CLIVE
FIRESIGN THEATER

Thanks for all of your hard work - there's a lot of bands here that I probably wouldn't have checked out if you weren't here... THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Dave,

First off - thank you for posting what you do. It is an excellent treat everyday.

Since you asked:
Kasabian
Cage The Elephant
Rise Against
Arctic Monkeys
The Decemberists
The Amboy Dukes

muletool said...

Snow sure would help with the 105* temps...

Tedeschi Trucks Band
Warren Haynes Band
a combination of or other project by any allman brothers band members...
happy new year?

Anonymous said...

How about Sammy Davis Jr. ? But maybe I'm asking for the Moon. You're right about happiness, let's make it a capital word...

ericjmz said...

Bsrry McGuire

ericjmz

wicke said...

Thanks soooo much for what you do. Your blog name says it all. I am a 90's brat, and would love to hear more stuff from that era.
Bush
Stone Temple Pilots
Incubus
Silverchair
Candlebox
Our Lady Peace
The Presidents Of The U.S.A.
Sublime
Weezer
...and Velvet Revolver & Audioslave

Mario said...

Something from the J. Geils Band later than 1980 like "Hipodrome d'Hantenil, Paris 16/6/1982"

A walk in the woods said...

Good luck with your computer, Dave!!

For me in terms of requests, my top ones are more of...

Van Morrison
Todd Rundgren
Bob Dylan
Fleetwood Mac / Lindsey Buckingham / Peter Green
Marshall Crenshaw
Hall & Oates

THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

Nick Drake is the most needed artist in lossless - Time Of No Reply boot (there are 2 vols)please, or anything you can find

Joni Mitchell is the most under-posted artist of real significance

&

How about some Mercury Rev, haven't seen any around the blogs - that'd be really cool too!

Big thanks as always

Anonymous said...

How about some Aterciopelados...a great Colombian band! Or some Marisa Monte...a Brazilian.

Anonymous said...

Ditto to the 13th Floor Elevators

Anonymous said...

Earlier I wrote I couldn't really think of anyone off the top of my head that you haven't posted so I picked out a few where there are only a few posts of. I just mentioned this request to my wife and she said how about some Am Ketenes? Yeah some gypsy jazz would be very cool...thanks again Dave!!!

Paul said...

I was surprised you didn't have some already, but if you could upload some Steve Howe from 2006 at BB King's in NYC and the Steve Howe Trio from 2007 and 2008, that would be appreciated. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Anonymous said...

Has this ever been uploaded anywhere in FLAC format?

http://geo1000.tripod.com/MoodyArtifactsUpdated.html

Some of it has since been officially released, but I'd love to have the rest.

Many thanks for all the great music already shared!

Anonymous said...

How about The Church, Echo & The Bunnymen and My Bloody Valentine?

Thanks for all you do, Dave. I've loved the Floyd content you've posted.

Bill

Anonymous said...

T H A N K S,........

for the Tony Bennett Dave,....You always make me feel like a Total Pain in the Ass. LOL


God Bless,...
Musgrave - Chicago

*Have you ever run across Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes at the world Music Theater, Tinley park. Illinois? I was at the show and seen the recording on line but the link was dead.

Anonymous said...

Bert Jansch from Neil's first Twisted Road tour... Bert hasn't been on your blog before and he needs to be!

Anonymous said...

More Dylan, more jazz, more classics.
Thanks!!

Dr. Forrester said...

The "Purple Chick" label - famous for their Beetles releases - also did a series by the Indigo Girls.

Anonymous said...

How about some Avantasia & Edguy? Love both of those bands - Avantasia is going to be at Wacken this year and Edguy starts a tour in September. Would love to see some quality stuff from these guys.

Anonymous said...

Dave - thank you for asking us what we'd like to see. As a proghead I loved the IQ you posted and of course Genesis and Yes.

Ron in Denver said...

How about some Social Distortion? Keep up the good work!

bobbydjr said...

Thanks for the offer Dave.

I'll try for some you've never posted.

Jerry Jeff Walker
Alison Krauss and Union Station
John Fahey
Nightwish with Tarja on vocals

And...any of the bands John Cipollina played with, other than Quicksilver. Such as Copperhead, Terry and the Pirates, and the Nick Gravenites Band.

That should do it for now. If I think of any more I'll let you know.

darryll said...

Hey Dave,

Really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to ask you(Santa) for presents. Of course you know when asking for presents from Santa you tend to ask for a whole hell of a lot and hope to get something off the list. So in that spirit I'm asking for a whole hell of a lot, but will be truly grateful for any that you deem worthwhile!

Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians

Jeff Buckley

Buffalo Springfield 60's

Chicago

Nick Drake

Eels

Fairport Convention

Funkadelic

It's A Beautiful Day

James Gang

Latin Playboys

Los Lobos supporting Kiko

Moody Blues

Public Enemy

Radiohead

Sky Cries Mary

Spirit

Spoon

Cat Stevens 70's

Sublime

T. Rex

Television

Richard & Linda Thompson

Traffic

Traveling Wilburys

Verve

Joe Walsh 70's

War 70's

White Stripes

Chris Whitley

Thom Yorke especially supporting Eraser

Zwan

shaniman said...

There was an Afro-rock and called Osibisa back in the 70s. There's at least one boot out there, but it's a dead torrent on dime. Anything in your collection?
Many thanks for all your hard work.

bobbydjr said...

I forgot to add Batdorf and Rodney. They may be hard to find, even if there's any boots by them out there. But if anybody can find them, I know you can.

Farmer Ted said...

Acoustic sets of normally plugged in groups does it for me.

Whiskeyvengeance said...

More Cring Kimson please!

bobbydjr said...

Ha! Somebody said Funkadelic. Very cool!

While you're at it, how about Morris Day and the Time, The Gap Band, Earth Wind and Fire, and some of those old funky bands. That'd be new for here too.

Anonymous said...

CSNY 74 Wembley
Elvis Costello 2011
Squeeze 1982
Dave Edmunds 1978
English Beat 1980

thank you for all you do. I read you everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave-

I would love some

Tom Waits (I'd love the Frank's Wild Years demos)
Marillion
Fish (current shows would be outstanding! I haven't seen them anywhere)


Thanks!!!

Tim

FrontRowDetroit said...

OK, here's the stuff I would love to see more of:

Robert Wyatt / Soft Machine

Nick Cave / Birthday Party

Robyn Hitchcock / The Soft Boys

Syd Barrett

Alice Cooper

Bjork / The Sugarcubes

SSM

PJ Harvey

The Hentchmen

Roy Harper

Scout Niblett

Sex Gang Children

Jack White

Some of those are easy, some are damn near impossible.

Keep up the GREAT work! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love to see some more Van Halen!

Anonymous said...

Freakwater please!

Anonymous said...

Spike Jones! The Grass Roots (fuc&ing AMAZING lead guitarist, that one) The Association! The Buckinghams!

Anonymous said...

Dave.. you as always , do an awesome job of generously gifting us masses a variety and high quality assortment of audi and video delights....
that said however.. i do notice a startling lack of some bands...

Butthole Surfers...
from punk to psych to hard rock , the surfers did it awesome....

Spinal Tap..
half faux band maybe,, but the best one ever , arguably... some very listenable tunes......

Olivia D'abo
yeah , the prety actress.. she has some cool stuff out there.. especially when one delves into concert and soundtrack areas..

But that was no complaint... this is a wonderful place to look-see , cuz Dave , you have an awesome array of gift links here already.... but if possible , it would be way cool to see some boots by the prementioned artists available here....

thanks for all you do and have done tho... its a nice thing you do for us folks....

Jake

Anonymous said...

I'd like more;
Robin Trower
Hall & Oates
Wishbone Ash
Climax Blues band
Soul music
Dixie Dregs
Atlanta Rhythm Section
Ten Years After
Clapton/Winwood
Collective Soul
Little Feat
Quicksilver messenger
Steve Miller
Savoy Brown
Foghat
Toto
Firefall
70's Journey

JLJR said...

Hey Dave,
I'd like to second the request
for Alex Chilton.
Neil & CH-Rotterdam 2001
would be hilariously incredible.
Joe

Soundchaser said...

Jonas Hellborg/Shawn Lane (I second that)
Trane, Miles, Mingus, Monk (I second all that)
Dream Theater
Rush
Yes 70s
Cring Kimson
John Mclaughlin
Don Cherry
Jon Hassell
David Torn (especially w/ Bruford)
Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto
Boris
Caribou
David Sylvian
Destroyer
Dixie Dregs
Balinese and/or Javanese Gamelan
Hindustani and/or Carnatic (South Asian Classical)
Jack Bruce
Kip Hanrahan
Bill Laswell projects
Scorch Trio
The Bug
Allan Holdsworth

oh, and thanks fo all the goodies so far...

Anonymous said...

My wishlist:

MORE RAP MUSIC, the good kind that destroys the morals of the young folks.

Others:
- How about some Adolf Satan or Anal Cunt?
- David Hasselhoff
- Miley Cyrus
- Half Man Half Biscuit
- Holy Fuck
- Madonna
- Olivia Newton-John
- Joan Osbourne
- Katy Perry
- Jessica Simpson
- Sade
- Scissor Sisters
- Slut Dungeon
- Carrie Underwood
- Amy Winehouse

And maybe some opeth, since that's the captcha I have to enter below.

Anonymous said...

Buddy Rich
Frank Sinatra

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great blog!

My wishlist: Dutch bands from the 70s like Alquin, Golden Earring, Focus, or possibly even Finch, Galaxy-Lin, Earth & Fire, CCC Inc and the Slumberlandband.

I'm not even sure if bootlegs of those last few bands (with the exception of Earth & Fire) exist, but one can wish, right?
Peter

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
If you can post "October 11, 1968 New Haven" by Cream please, that would be great -here's a link to the artwork but the links have long gone.

http://musictravellerstwo.blogspot.com/2010/08/cream-1968-10-11-new-haven.html

Thank you for all you do.

Anonymous said...

First Dave - Thanks for everythign that you do here. I make a point of checking every day - at least once, if not more often. Not sure how popular they would be, but would love to see something by either the Newsboys or Audio Adrenaline - even though both are Christian bands...they are both as capable at rocking as most non-Christian bands out there.

Anonymous said...

Tim Buckley

thanks

Anonymous said...

Some old stuff wanted. Soundboard or FM recordings preferred.
Hot Tuna 1975-1976
ZZ Top -> 1977
West,Bruce & Laing
Mountain -> 1974
Mahogany Rush -> 1977

Thank you for a great blog!

chichoi said...

Hi Dave,
Sure that all the good stuff is already on your site, but i'm looking for a Police recording in Gateshead titled: 'Don't mess with the police'. It's another cd from this show (31.07.82), and i've been searching for this one a long time, but never found.Very hard challenge.
Thanks for your marvellous site.

David K said...

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the great job you do here. As for suggestions, I'd love any of the shows Jethro Tull did with Anoushka Shankar as a guest artist. Besides that, anything by Gilgamesh or any classic jazz shows (especially Mingus, Oscar Peterson and Dave Brubeck) would be appreciated. Finally, it looks like you've posted ALMOST all the PRRP releases but I can't seem to find PRRP 57, GS27 or GS28 here.
Best wishes and thanks again for all the music.

Anonymous said...

hairyj
how about some more man please??
keep up the great work

TheSPHead said...

Also it would be great if you can post some Wayne Krantz shows. Thank You!

Anonymous said...

MONSTER MAGNET

BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB

HOT TUNA

DOC WATSON

DANDY WARHOLS

MORCHEEBA - Please Dave, old shows/one of my favorite Hendrix inspired trip/hop bands from England.

PORTISHEAD

BABY WOODROSE

THE CHESTERFIELD KINGS

FUZZTONES

DEADBOYS

CHEETAH CHROME

JESUS & MARY CHAIN

ANTI NOWHERE LEAGUE

METEORS

SISTERS OF MERCY

ROY BUCHANAN

MUDDY WATERS

ELMORE JAMES

ALBERT KING

Thanks for posting Christmas in July Dave. These are just suggestions.

JT

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

First...thxs for all the hard work and the great music.

You're asking for a wish list:
Jeff Beck
Joe Bonamassa
Joe Satriani
Beth Hart
Black Crowes (or Crowes related)
Journey
Toto
Metallica
Suzanne Vega
Motley Crue
...

There is so much to wish, I'm already happy with everything there is.

Grtz, Bask (Netherlands)

Nico said...

More blues, please !!!

Thanks for your work !

Anonymous said...

Heh, I'm sure you got enough requests already but I would like to hear more by these artists:

Branford Marsalis, Brandon Fields, Chick Corea Elektric Band, Toni Childs, Shawn Lane, Dave Weckl, Michel Camilo, Tom Scott, Tony Williams.

Thanks Dave, you rule!

Anonymous said...

So always welcome are

Steely Dan
Aimee Mann
Pat Metheny
The Kinks

and some more Krautrock like
Amon DĂĽĂĽl 2
Kraan
Grobschnitt ....

Thanks for yor great work!

Anonymous said...

How about some live Martha Wainwright.... when she's singing the right songs, she has a voice that reaches places that few others can - but there's so little available. That really would make me happy :)

PS this really is a great site and some of your posts have really got me back into bands I kind of never got round to listening to anymore, and guess what the result was? I went out and bought some official albums too !! Keep up the good work, much appreciated. Rock on.

Anonymous said...

Soundboards or Pre-FM:
Maria McKee
Lisa Loeb
Bruce Cockburn
Ian Matthews
Tubes
Ziggy era Bowie
Mott The Hoople
Gabriel era Genesis
Wishbone Ash
Spirit
CSNY (in any version of the group or solos)

Anonymous said...

Hi Santa-Dave the Sheik of Yer Boots!!! Thanks for every single boot you posted here. Any Living Colour or Infectious Grooves will be appreciated!

Ondrej

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
Thanks for your generosity in asking what you can do for us when you do so much aleady. Here's my 'Weinachten' wish list:

Neil Young and the Bluenotes
U2 (before Achtung)
Chicago (with Terry Kath)
Great Lakes Swimmers
Luther Wright and the Wrongs
Jimmy Smith
Bob Seger (early)

Anyway, I'm sure that's enough. Thanks again. The Lord be with you.
Blessings from MI

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave,
Thanks for your generosity in asking what you can do for us when you do so much aleady. Here's my 'Weinachten' wish list:

Neil Young and the Bluenotes
U2 (before Achtung)
Chicago (with Terry Kath)
Great Lakes Swimmers
Luther Wright and the Wrongs
Jimmy Smith
Bob Seger (early)

Anyway, I'm sure that's enough. Thanks again. The Lord be with you.
Blessings from MI

Anonymous said...

Some Elliott Murphy shows from the 70's and 80's please. He's such an underrated artist!
Thanks for the great work you do for music lovers worldwide.
Creamrice

yotte said...

Boy, it's too bad no one has responded to your request for ideas ;)

Some Latin Playboys & Los Lobos (esp. the Kiko tour) sounds like a fantastic idea.

Mo' Sun Ra maybe?

NRBQ? Those guys are so great...

Thanks for asking!

Kim said...

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the many quality posts on your excellent blog.

A few suggestions from me:

WISHBONE ASH
IAN HUNTER
38 SPECIAL
MOLLY HATCHET
POINT BLANK
JOURNEY (the early years)

Keep up the good work.

Cheers from Denmark

Anonymous said...

Dave:

Love all your work here -- many thanks. You definitely need more:

TRAFFIC!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Dave:

I do so love your blog!! I've requested this one several times before so please, please do honor it this time around. I'm just so passionate about the KINKS -- absolutely anything they do is such a joy. But the one I've asked you for before is from Nov. 1969 at the Fillmore West. Please, sweet Dave, please find this one for me. Thanks . . .

XOXO
Jen

PS/ I'm also aching for the 06-20-70 recording of the KINKS at the Capitol Theater in Portchester, NY.

Anonymous said...

More electronica and ambient!

Boards of Canada
Early Tangerine Dream
Klaus Schulze
Brian Eno
DJ sets
etc

Movie soundtrack outtakes!


More prog!
Camel
Jethro Tull

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave --

Great blog!!!!

I'd say you definitely need more reggae here, particularly the Brit versions in . . . here's three great bands that need representation here. Thanks . . .

UB40
Linton Kwesi Johnson
Steel Pulse

-- Billie

Anonymous said...

White Witch
early Leo Sayer
early Little River Band, Diamantina Cocktail or before
Richard Torrance
Les Dudek
Steve Jones Mercy Tour
Be Bop Deluxe
Charlie Terrell and the band Terrell

Anonymous said...

Some of The Damned or their closely related cousins, Naz Nomad and The Nightmares, or The Phantom Chords. Their later psychedelic years will appeal to your readers more than their formative punk years (1976-1979). Such a fabulous under-rated band, and still releasing their best stuff after all these years.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your blog for a long while now (keep up the good work whoever you decide to post!), but other than the UK '70's monster bands' such as Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Genesis the UK is not that well represented, which is a shame as everyone is missing out on so much. As an example, how about some from the excellent singer/songwriter Ian McNabb (who has recorded a Mercury Music nominated album with Crazy Horse), or his former band, The Icicle Works?

Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! More Bob Dylan please Dave, and I like the comment here about how we would love to see some Bert Jansch!

Anonymous said...

JACK BRUCE
JACK BRUCE
JACK BRUCE
JACK BRUCE
JACK BRUCE
JACK BRUCE
JACK BRUCE

Thanks, buddy, for all you do for our ears!!

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Great work. Requests? SB/FM:
Bauhaus
Scott Walker
Sacred Reich
Ride
The Who (64 thru 75, esp. 69-71)
Bowie (95-98)

Best stop now. Thanks for all the effort.

Beneficient Dictator

Anonymous said...

Dave:

Always on the look-out for more British invasion bands:

Procol Harum
Kinks
Traffic
Blodwyn Pig
The Small Faces

Love your blog. Thank you . . .

--AJ

Anonymous said...

Dave:

I see a need for more of the Kinks brothers and their solo work:


Ray and Dave Davies, especially Dave (your namesake)!!

Thanks -

Anonymous said...

Here a little present for You (you desrive more then just one)

Here a litte place of space for you
It starts out small when you crawl
then it a bight Brall of light who give up a fight to seprate DAY N NIGHT it give us sight So Lets clim a mountain high to look over the Ohivally sky were the sun
tuches your teardroped eyes

Silvermiddow shimmering shinning rive flow to the gold gole to
were it falls to a rainbow of whrilling coulors
Dropping in to a riple that flows to kiss white sands So it
relficting in corale cyriptic caves as we hear the sound
of a rore crashing waves

This set is realy Special to me

I THANK YOU SO MUSH for what you Bring to the world Shearing so mush wounderful music

Ill let the poeple of the world choose(wish)There so many that have the same tast as i do:):)

A QualityBootz Fan
Cary

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I have a special request for an artist who has never appeared on your blog and who's worth the effort to fin -- the recently departed, John Martyn. There's some wonderful live recordings of John in the 80s that I hope you are able to search out. Would be forever grateful. Thanks.

-- Gabby

Anonymous said...

How about some of the supremely great ECM recording artists?

Keith Jarrett
Terje Rypdal
Miroslav Vitous
Jan Garbarek
Arild Andersen
Eberhard Weber
Jack DeJohnette
John Surman
Enrico Rava
Steve Tibbetts

terrytaylor11 said...

Hi,
Fantastic site with lots of amazing gigs. Could we please have the second meatloaf concert that was mentioned some weeks ago.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Love the site. Would like to see more from these artists:
Steely Dan
Joe Walsh
Paul McCartney (2011 shows)

Anonymous said...

Cring Kimson 69 to 74 and 2008

bobbydjr said...

I'll go in another direction I don't think anyone else has taken...

Shadowfax
Mark Isham
William Ackerman
Michael Hedges
George Winston
Jim Brikman
Liz Story
Yanni
Enya
Kitaro
Andreas Vollenweider
Mannheim Steamroller

Happy hunting for some of these great musicians, Dave.

Anonymous said...

Some more BETH ORTON please!
For the rest, others have spoken for me already.
Again, thanks for this and keep enjoying it!

DitchHiker said...

The Tragically Hip....lost all my boots i had....would LOVE to get them replaced

Jason said...

The Black Keys would be most welcome. And Traffic.

Jason said...

Oh, and maybe some Roy Harper.

Anonymous said...

Def Leppard
Early-U2
Sex Pistols

More Rush and The Who are always appreciated, too--loving the Top Ten Rush

PJVermont said...

Hi Dave,

Here's a list of some bands it would be great to see.

Sleater-Kinney
Graham Parker & the Rumor
John Hiatt
10,000 Maniacs
REM (older stuff)

Thanks for everything.

Anonymous said...

Dan Hicks
Beach Boys
Spirit
Roky Erickson
13th Floor Elevators

THANKS

Anonymous said...

Some fantastic guitarists:
James Blood Ulmer
Sonny Sharrock
Jean-Paul Bourelly

Great and creative sax player:
Henry Threadgill

THANKS!!

Anonymous said...

Dave:

Do you know your other namesake, David Sylvian? If not, I'd definitely recommend him to be featured on your blog -- great voice, great melodies, and harmonies. A bit of a twisted sensibility as well.

-- Maria

Anonymous said...

Spirit,Capt.Beyond,60's Jeff Beck

Anonymous said...

Would love more Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Midnight Oil, Keith Richards, and more from lesser-know bands like Jason & The Scorchers, House of Freaks, The Knitters, and X.

thanks for the super job, as always...

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave - great job as always. since you're taking requests, I'd always love to see more Nick Cave, Tom Waits, Midnight Oil, and Keith Richards. Also, some harder to find stuff from bands like Jason & The Scorchers, X, The Knitters, and House of Freaks.

thanks for asking, always a pleasure...

Anonymous said...

Artists that I always like to see include:
Allman Brothers Band
Bob Marley
The Doors
Hot Tuna
Janice Joplin
Johnny Winter
Little Feat
NRBQ
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Morri son


Great Blog, this is a daily visit for me. You always have an unexpected treat!

Anonymous said...

Looking for bluesman, John Hammond.
Thank you for the great, great blog.

Prefabfan said...

Tony Bennett!!!







:-)

Anonymous said...

Dave:

If I may, I might suggest that your blog needs some "New Wave" of the very early 80s:

Simple Minds (please, please)
Psychedelic Furs
Blue Nile

Many thanks for the fantastic work you do here.

Anonymous said...

ANDY SUMMERS (jazz trios and quartets)!!

Prefabfan said...

Traffic prefab Sprout,
Moodies, Todd, Jan Akkerman? Gino V, Jonatha B,

Anonymous said...

Dave:

I see that your blog archive lists on three Pat Metheny recordings. You've got to beef that up with some more -- Pat Metheny Group, Metheny Trios and Quartets, etc.

Many thanks for the super job you do!!

-- Bud

upperwye said...

Hi Dave. I'm grateful for what you post already but how about John Stewart, Strawbs and Runrig. Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe you can us give something from the following ?

An Emotional Fish
Adorable
Helmet
Ned's Atomic Dustbin
The God Machine

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

stone temple pilots mtv unplugged would be great!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Richard Thompson, Steve Earle and The Ukele Orchestra of Great Britain are all under represented here!

Anonymous said...

I second The Newsboys - saw them this year and they were great! That show you posted earlier was excellent. Plus any more Daniel Amos, or Larry Norman. You don't find this stuff much on other sites. But I've found lots of great music here so I'm not complaining - my Van Morrriss'son collection has definitely increased this year! I like all kinds of music so there's usually something interesting.

VTIM said...

Would like to see some more stuff from the Verve. Thank you.

Rushmore said...

Dramarama (any)
Divinyls (mid to late 80's)
Rory Gallagher (can never have enough)
Kinks (mid to late 80's)
Ray Davies solo
Dave Davies solo
Albert Collins
Little Feat (70's)

Thanks for all that you do. Greatly appreciate your efforts.

Martin said...

Happy to oblige Sir!

Doves
World Party!!!
Velvet underground
Woodentops
Beefheart
Only Ones!!!
Echo & The Bunnymen
Eels
Nick Drake (bet you can't find the complete John Peel session!!!! Now there's a challenge!)
Doors
Elliot Smith!!!!!

You freakin' rock!!

Martin said...

Only Ones!!!!
Eels
Doors
Floyd
Woodentops
Velvet Underground
Doves
Beefheart
World Party!!!
Nick Drake (bet you can't find the complete John Peel Session - now there's a challenge!)

You freakin' rock!

Anonymous said...

1997 Bowie

wardy164 said...

Hi Dave,

What you give to us is already fantastic...but there's always room for more. 2 bands that would be great to add to the live list are Eli Paperboy Reed & Fitz & The Tantrums. Also any Nick Drake would be good too.
Great blog, the best there is!!
wardy

rey-cardo said...

Thanks, Dave, one more time, for all your work.

My wishing list is: Camel, Jethro Tull, Yes, ELP, Mike Oldfield, Moody Blues, and everything about symphonyc and progressive rock in general. And, of course, my beloved Renaissance.

Also I would like you to post some bootlegs of Taylor Swift and Nikka Costa, since I am a collector of both but don't know anything unofficial.

Thanks again. Take care. God bless you.

Best wishes from Spain.

michael92105 said...

You're the best, asking for requests.
Nothing in return.
Just click, download and burn.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

someone said 'house of freaks' - how amazingly cool would that be!! those guys were very underrated.

Anonymous said...

Queens of the Stone Age 2011 (Arras ?) would be much appreciated. Also, I'll never become tired of Neil Young ;o)

Nicolas (France)

Anonymous said...

Love the site ,thanx. A CERTAIN RATIO in Amsterdam please. BLUEFOOD

Anonymous said...

My requests:

Dread Zeppelin

Big Daddy (California band, they remade 80's music into 50's classics)

Anonymous said...

The missing London show by Meat Loaf

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2011/06/meat-loaf-2-gigs-from-1978-soundboard.html

And a bit of Gary Moore...

Thanks Dave

danasan

splhcb@att.net said...

Dave,
Would love to "hear" any of the following !
- THE PRETTY THINGS any soundboards from the sixties to the mid-seventies!
- FAIRPORT CONVENTION any sounboards from them esp with Sandy Denny !
- STEELEYE SPAN any soundboards from the "All Around My Hat" era with Maddy Prior (others also appreciated)!
- Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band !!! Soundboards please !!!
- any sounboards from Kenny Rodgers and the First Edition where they perform "Condition" (one of the great psychedelic tunes of all time from someone you would never expect!)
- any soundboards from THE BEAU BRUMMELS !!
- any sixties soundboards from PAUL REVERE AND THE RAIDERS !!
- any PETER, PAUL AND MARY sixties' soundboards ... or even reunion tour soundboards from teh seventies' and eighties' !!
Well...that's just for starters...
Many Thanks and keep on Truckin' !

Anonymous said...

Sons of Champlin,thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
Thanks for such a great site! I'd like to hear more 70's Aerosmith, Joe Perry Project, "Appetite" era Guns N' Roses, and current Slash shows.

Brett said...

Love to see some Ronnie Lane or Hoyt Axton.

dbodford said...

Re-Flex and Wang Chung.... two '80s bands whom I have never seen any live stuff posted (and yes both bands did tour - or so I've read)

Also, Rob Halford's short-lived band "Two" (aka "2wo")

Thanks!!

Psychedelic Bob said...

Some more high quality Quicksilver Messenger Service (esp. 1968/69) would be very much appreciated.

Also looking for the San Franciscan Nights series in lossless.
And – of course – more Floyd!

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Lunatic217 said...

Many thanks for all you do, Dave. On my wish list in no particular order are:
Jonny Lang
Adele
The Tubes
Luther Allison
Bryan Lee
Buddy Guy
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Susan Tedeschi
P!nk
Foghat
And one can never get enough Pink Floyd & The Rolling Stones.
Keep up the great work!
Thanks again!

Lunatic217

Anonymous said...

The Kingston Trio, 60s Motown, Hollies, Fleetwood Mac (Welch Era), Jefferson Airplane, Eric Burdon/Animals (60s), Poco, Buffalo Springfield.

And, two live recordings by Vince Guaraldi; with Santana (Marin/Kentfield '72 - listed on the web as being on "Honolulu 1970" by Santana), also (purportedly) with Jerry Garcia/Grateful Dead (SF '70-'71).

Thank you kindly...

christian said...

Thanks so much for making all this material available to the public!
I'd really like to hear music from the late 70's/early 80's San Francisco underground (Chrome, Residents, Tuxedomoon, etc.) and, as many others have requested, Tom Waits. Also, more Kraurock wouldn't suck...

christian said...

... oh, also any Harvested releases that you haven't already posted...I think there are a couple out there.
And thanks again!

Anonymous said...

hi dave I love your site. I would really love you if you put one some Cardiacs bootlegs, as they are the best band ever!

Anonymous said...

It's always like Christmas at your blog Dave, however, some John Martyn, Richard Thompson, Tim Buckley, and more Zappa, Weather Report, John McLaughlin would be welcome.
I also have a many recordings of my own if you would like to take them on......

Anonymous said...

@ Chicho Give me a contact and I can direct you to the video of that Police gig.....

Anonymous said...

Nils Petter Molvaer
Arve Henriksen
Eivind Aarset
Audun Kleive
Supersilent
Jan Bang
Jon Hassell
Gong (espcially w/ Steve Hillage or Allan Holdsworth)
Pat Metheny/Ornette Coleman "Song X" tour 1985

Anonymous said...

Hello Dave!
Any chance for some Phil Ochs material? Such a great artist, but nothing on your web site.
Of course, other folk/songwriter type of music from the 1960s-1980s would be greatly appreciated, too.
Your blog is fantastic, thank you very much for all the great music I have been able to enjoy thanks to your work.
August

Anonymous said...

Hi Dive,
boots from Passport,Slade,Oldfield,Status Quo,New York Dolls would be nice!!
Thanks for doing here an fantastic job for us all!God bless you brother!

bobbydjr said...

Also, forgot to add more Stevie Nicks, please.

Anonymous said...

How about the Replacements?

Soul Asylum?

EARLY Goo Goo Dolls?

madman said...

If you could find 81-87 Duran Duran or any era Go-Go's, that would be awesome!

I've also been looking for Blue Oyster Cult,Veterans Memorial Coliseum, New Haven Connecticut
September 20, 1981 for the longest time as well. I had taped it off the radio back then, but I've erased most of it.

Thanks for EVERYTHING you've posted, Dave. This place rocks!

Stadium Studios said...

All I want for Christmas is a LOUIS PRIMA CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chichoi said...

Hi Dave,
Could you please re-post new links for the fantastic boot of Genesis live in Chicago 78, SAB 05.It's impossible for me to find it on the net, and only you can get this one.
Many thanks for your fantastic job.

bobbydjr said...

Still taking requests?

How about something by Bloodline?

That was Joe Bonamassa's first band, with Erin Davis (son of Miles) on drums; Waylon Kreiger (son of Robby) on bass; Berry Oakley, Jr on vocals and guitar; and Joe on guitar.

Great stuff if you can find it.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE DAVE PLEASE DAVE PLEASE DAVE

SEX PISTOLS SEX PISTOLS SEX PISTOLS

AND MORE VINYL RIPS FROM EVERYBODY!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKS

Anonymous said...

Dave christmas for me would be a lot of STATUS QUO (60s/70s)!!
That was so pretty cool brother!
Thank you very much for your awesome work you do for as here!
God bless you!