Chicago Theater
Chicago, IL USA
November 24, 1991
COMPLETE SHOW
2nd gen vg+ to ex- aud cassette
Lineage - Unknown mic > unknown analog tape recorder > unknown master tapes > Maxell MX110 metal bias 2nd gen cassette tape > JVC TD-W505 Stereo Double Cassette Deck > ZOOM H2 Handy Recorder > SanDisk SD 2 GB sound card (tracked wav files here) > transferred wav files to HD > Cakewalk Pyro 2005 (retracked and edited wav files here) > Trader's Little Helper (encoded wav to flac, level 8, aligned on sector boundaries)
01 - Intro (Carmina Burana)
02 - Minstrel In The Gallery tease
03 - Cross-Eyed Mary
04 - Living In The Past
05 - Rocks On The Road
06 - This Is Not Love
07 - Serenade To A Cuckoo
08 - Like A Tall Thin Girl
09 - The Whistler
10 - White Innocence
11 - Mother Goose
12 - Thick As A Brick
13 - Paparazzi
14 - Doctor To My Disease
15 - A New Day Yesterday
16 - Bouree, ANDY, Reasons For Waiting
17 - Guitar solo
18 - Farm On The Freeway
19 - Jump Start
20 - Aqualung
21 - LB, BS, DM, TAAB end
CD 1: 12 tracks, 53:06
CD 2: 9 tracks, 53:37
TT: 106:43
SQ: 8.5-9/10, vg+ to ex-, IMHO as always.
OU: I checked this setlist with one from the Ministry of Information. I never heard Carmina Burana sound like this before; I'm used to the intro that Ozzy Osbourne used to use. I'm aware that Carmina is a large work with several movements but MOI could be mistaken.
Tracks 9 & 13 are instrumentals. I'll assume that those titles are correct. MOI claims that Look Into The Sun appears right after ANDY. This is not the case. Track 17 is a solo guitar piece. Anyone know its title ? Finally, Track 21. LB = Locomotive Breath, BS = Black Sunday and DM = Dambuster's March. If you find any mistakes, post the corrections here! TIA !
I did not attend or tape this show so this will be relatively short and sweet. I acquired this tape over 15 years ago; I bought it at a record show in either Milwaukee or Chicago from a guy who dealt in audio tapes and claimed to be the taper. I paid no more than $12 US. He said he was getting out of the business so this was like a fire sale. The tape sounded pretty good to me so I grabbed it. Fast forward to June 2011. I was sitting around trying to decide what Tull to upload next when I remembered this tape so I dug it out and listened to it on headphones. Still sounded pretty good but I noticed an occasional low-frequency rumble. The tape also sounded a bit "trebly" to me (not a lot of bass response). I think that this was recorded on a high-quality machine that was old & on its way out. This sounds like it was recorded close to the stage since Ian's vocals and stage banter are very clear as is the instrumentation. Speaking of stage banter, I have a comment to make about Ian's stage banter and I'm curious to see what the rest of you long-time JT fans think.
I've been a Tull fan since 1970 but didn't get introduced to bootleg Tull until about 1986. I've listened to at least 100 different shows and have noticed that in more recent concerts, Ian's stage banter gets fairly insulting towards his band mates. In this show, Ian mocks Doane Perry's failure to have sex with some Indian waitress who was serving them in an Indian restaurant. Ian claims that Martin Barre has "no f-ng clue" as to what song they're going to play next. The line between kidding around and insulting somebody is fairly thin and I can't help but wonder if this is part of the reason that (correct me if I'm wrong) as of 2011, Ian is the only original member of JT still on stage.
Maybe I'm being hypersensitive but I'm curious as to what the rest of you think. It's as if Ian thinks he's the BIG GENIUS and the rest of the band are just LITTLE TURDS or that he's the DYNAMIC CEO and the band are just CORPORATE LACKEYS. Ya know what I mean ????
Finally, no buy, no sell, no mp3. I think you'll find that this is a really good-sounding tape and a welcome addition to any Jethro Tull fan's collection. Well, thanks for reading this and by all means, enjoy the concert!!!
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-a00873
or
http://lix.in/-9cfb3b
http://lix.in/-9e81dc
http://lix.in/-a0087d
http://lix.in/-a18f1e
http://lix.in/-a315bf
http://lix.in/-a49c60
http://lix.in/-a62301
http://lix.in/-a7a9a2
or
http://mssczr.link-protector.com
http://mssczs.link-protector.com
http://msscnx.link-protector.com
http://msscnw.link-protector.com
http://msscnv.link-protector.com
http://msscnk.link-protector.com
http://msscnm.link-protector.com
http://msscnz.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-a622e3
or
http://lix.in/-a315ab
http://lix.in/-a49c4c
http://lix.in/-a622ed
http://lix.in/-a7a98e
http://lix.in/-99edef
http://lix.in/-9b7490
http://lix.in/-9cfb31
http://lix.in/-9e81d2
or
http://mssczx.link-protector.com
http://mssczw.link-protector.com
http://mssczv.link-protector.com
http://mssczk.link-protector.com
http://mssczm.link-protector.com
http://mssczz.link-protector.com
http://mssczn.link-protector.com
http://mssczc.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
2 comments:
Ian Anderson is the only Tull member now I think so basically Tull no longer exist and shouldn`t be going out under the Tull name even the newest tour states ian andersons jethro tull load of bollocks ,once a great band now just a shot excuse to make money ,i saw the 25 th anniversaty video and Anderson states he doesnt look back but forwards ,is he fuckin joking he`s been living on his past since the 25thanni tour ,one new Tull album in god knows how many years ,feck off Anderson and retire.
Steve. a former Tull maniac.
To me, Tull as a real band has not existed since the late 70's lineup - although as a casual fan over the years (seen them a few times in the '70's), have all releases up to Too old To RnR... and then the occasional release/best of, Ian Anderson = Jethro Tull - other than Martin Barre no one really was notable and they had changed lineups frquently as the original poster indicates...so Ian can do whatever he wants with the name imo i.e. its essentially just been ian/martin for years anyway...and with martin gone it's not even a question
Lou
Post a Comment