The Genuine Philosopher's Stone
Various Unreleased Studio Sessions and Live Material 1964-1975
Bootleg 3 CD Set
Scorpio - GPS7
Released circa September 2000
my cdrs > eac (secure) > Flac Level 6
Disc 1
First Them recording session (Belfast June 1964)
01. Stormy Monday
02. Don't Start Crying Now
BBC Recording Studio (London March 1965)
03. Here Comes The Night
04. All By Myself
BBC Recording Studio (London June 1965)
05. Gloria
06. One More Time
Alternate studio take (December 1965)
07. I Gave My Love A Diamond
NME Poll Winners Concert (London 11/4/65)
08. Here Comes The Night
09. Turn On Your Lovelight
Studio demo (July 1966)
10. Mighty Like A Rose
Solo publishing demos (NYC Summer 1968)
11. Bayou Girl
12. The Way Young Lovers Do
13. Ballerina
Publishing demos (NYC Summer 1968)
14. Bayou Girl
15. Magic Night
16. I Need Your Kind Of Loving Part 1
17. I Need Your Kind Of Loving Part 2
18. Mona Mona
Disc 2
Demos For "Moondance" Album (NYC Summer 1969)
01. Caravan
02. Everyone
03. Brand New Day
04. Come Running
05. These Dreams Of You
06. And It Stoned Me
07. You Set My Soul On Fire
08. Come Running (fast version)
Warner Music Publishing Demos (NYC December 1969)
09. Standing On A Corner
10. Bit By Bit
11. If I Ever Needed Someone
12. If You Rock Me
13. If I Had A Rainbow
14. Domino (with Flute)
15. Hey, Where Are You?
16. Lorna/By The River
17. On A Rainy Afternoon
18. I Can't Get It Straight
Disc 3
Warner Music Publishing Demos (NYC 1970)
01. Domino (harmony version)
02. Domino ("rap" version)
03. Domino (2nd "rap" version)
04. When The Evening Sun Goes Down (jazz version)
05. Lorna (with Band)
06. Wild Night (with Band)
Pacific High Studios (5/9/71)
07. Friday's Child
08. Just Like A Woman
09. Dead Or Alive
Studio Demo 1971
10. Tell Me About Your Love
Jackie Deshannon LP Recording Session (1972)
11. Spare Me A Little
St Dominics Preview Studio Outake
12. Redwood Tree
The Lion's Share (San Anselmo, CA 15/2/73)
13. Hard Nose The Highway
Studio Outakes (Record Plant, Sausolito, CA 1975)
14. I Just Wanna Make Love To You
15. When I Deliver
OU Notes: [Reported to be] "a new deluxe 3CD set from the Scorpio label, that will bring together material from the 1964-75 period. The bulk of the material is studio demos/outakes, but there are selected live tracks as well. The majority of the material has never been bootlegged before, or even circulated in tape collectors circles. The packaging will be of a very high standard (this label has put out Bob Dylan and The Band material in this "Genuine" series with great results) with a beautiful colour fold out cover and a nice booklet with sleeve notes and contemporary interviews, as well as loads of great photos and rare record sleeves. This will stand as probably the most important "unofficial" Van Morrison release to date!"
Review: Artwork is great, very unusual pictures of Van. Each disc is in a slip disc (w/photos) and the whole is in a cardboard holder which opens up to three panels. There is also an interview booklet with photos included.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Cleaner Copy. I listened to it to be sure. From what i understand the ones on the net currently on some trackers for example had problems with some tracks. Ex. cd 1 tracks 04 & 05 are in reverse order, track 18 had issues. Also in the songs "All By Myself" and "One More Time" had some loud pops and crackles throughout and "Bayou Girl" had a pop at the end. They are not present in this copy,
I want nothing but the best for this site.
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-9f6903
or
http://lix.in/-964151
http://lix.in/-97c7f2
http://lix.in/-994e93
http://lix.in/-9ad534
http://lix.in/-9c5bd5
http://lix.in/-9de276
http://lix.in/-9f6917
http://lix.in/-a0efb8
http://lix.in/-933419
http://lix.in/-94baba
http://lix.in/-96415b
http://lix.in/-97c7fc
http://lix.in/-994e9d
http://lix.in/-9ad53e
or
http://mnrwcc.link-protector.com
http://mnrwcr.link-protector.com
http://mnrwcs.link-protector.com
http://mnrwrx.link-protector.com
http://mnrwrw.link-protector.com
http://mnrwrv.link-protector.com
http://mnrwrk.link-protector.com
http://mnrwrm.link-protector.com
http://mnrwrz.link-protector.com
http://mnrwrn.link-protector.com
http://mnrwck.link-protector.com
http://mnrwcm.link-protector.com
http://mnrwcz.link-protector.com
http://mnrwcn.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-974674
or
http://lix.in/-9d6102
http://lix.in/-9ee7a3
http://lix.in/-a06e44
http://lix.in/-92b2a5
http://lix.in/-943946
http://lix.in/-95bfe7
http://lix.in/-974688
http://lix.in/-98cd29
http://lix.in/-9a53ca
http://lix.in/-9bda6b
http://lix.in/-9d610c
http://lix.in/-9ee7ad
http://lix.in/-a06e4e
http://lix.in/-92b2af
or
http://mnzwwx.link-protector.com
http://mnzwww.link-protector.com
http://mnzwwv.link-protector.com
http://mnzwwk.link-protector.com
http://mnzwwm.link-protector.com
http://mnzwwz.link-protector.com
http://mnzwwn.link-protector.com
http://mnzwwc.link-protector.com
http://mnzwwr.link-protector.com
http://mnzwxz.link-protector.com
http://mnzwxn.link-protector.com
http://mnzwxc.link-protector.com
http://mnzwxr.link-protector.com
http://mnzwxs.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
11 comments:
The motherlode! Can't thank you enough Dave... for a longtime Van fan like me, this is going to be a really fun one.
Hey, thanks for boosting this one. I really appreciate the hard hard work you do and your good taste.
Thanks so much!! Van fans worldwide are indebted to your great posts!
More joy, as i said last time gonna be a real joy for those new to this absolute gem!!
I hope everybody is enjoying this Van spring bonanza here (and elsewhere too) but I still cannot find the essential FMs ANYWHERE!!
I don't torrent so maybe they are just not in circulation but if any body did have a mind (and the means)to share any of the following gems with the world, then now would seem to be the time to do it. You'd be doing the world a great service!
Werchter '83
Montreux '84
Cannes '84
Berkeley '86
Glastonbury '91 (highlights 6 trax i think)
There are others but these are really excellent and well known to Van fans and someone somewhere must have 'em
Big thanks as always Dave
I bow to your benevolence!
Awesome collection!
A musthave for any 60s freak.
Thank you very much for doing an special great job here Dave!
hold tight. you'll get most of your FMs here too. they are already on my docket.
ahhhh... awesome! (your last message there, Dave) I'll keep checking in each day and keep "clicking" other things too.
Thanks again!
Fantastic, I was just hoping to plant a seed of hope really. I just thought it was strange that the recordings which were the bedrock of my Van collection when i was trading tapes 20 years ago have been sighted so rarely in cyberspace in recent times, and always in lossy format.
Kind regards from London and big thanks as always
Thanks so much for this one Dave. I have a copy with the various glitches and pops you mentioned so it will be fantastic to get an upgrade to a cleaner copy.
Thanks once again.
This one's a classic. A must have! Looking forward to VM in FM. Thanks Dave!
Post a Comment