Monday, March 28, 2011

Van Morrriss' son: Los Angeles 1973 (Soundboard - Acetate Source) FLAC

347_orig
The Troubadour
Los Angeles, CA
May 24(early,late), 25(early,late), 26 & 27 1973
"Wild Night"
Oil Well RSC 080 CD (Made in Italy)
Silver CD ripped with EAC > WAV> used flac frontend > FLAC

Live in Los Angeles
01 - I've Been Working
02 - Young Lovers Do
03 - Purple Heather
04 - Come Running
05 - Sweet Thing
06 - Blue Money
07 - Bein' Green
08 - Wild Night
09 - Caravan
10 - Cypress Avenue

Congress Montreux
Montreux, Switzerland
June 30, 1974
11 - It's Not The Twilight Zone (1st song in set)
12 - Foggy Mountain Top (3rd song in set)
13 - Heathrow Shuffle (6th song in set)
14 - Naked In the Jungle (7th song in set)

Band Members
Van - guitar, keys, saxaphone & vocals
John Platani - guitar
Jeff Labes - organ & piano
Caledonia Soul Orchestra:
Teressa "Terry" Adams - Cello
Nancy Ellis - viola
Tom Halpin - violin
Tim Kovatch - violin
Nathan Rubin - strings & violin
Rythym Section:
David Hayes - bass
Dahaud Shaar - drums
Horn Section:
Bill Atwood - trumpet
Jack Schroer - saxaphone

Band Members for Montreaux 1974
Van - guitar, keys & vocals
Jerome Rimson - bass
Dallas Taylor - drums
Pete Wingfield - keyboards

Added Notes: There were acetates made of a 3 record set of It's Too Late To Stop Now. When the choice was made to make it a 2 record set, the above tracks were either left off or not used for the commercial release like tracks 1,9 & 10. These tracks are longer in track times and do not match the official released tracks in length of times or sound. Also all these tracks come from just the Los Angeles dates which are listed above. PLEASE NOTE this show is marked and circulates as the 5-26-73 show but as far as i know no real 5-26-73 show tape has ever surfaced. The last four tracks on this boot are taken from Montreaux 1974.
This boot is a clone of Irishman in LA (or vice versa).
This boot is not to be confused with another 2CD bootleg with the same name.

Review by Eric Gerber: The sound quality of this boot is impeccable. I don't have the other boots that are this same show [Ed: often referred to as the It's Too Late To Stop Now acetates - also "It Ain't Why, It Just Is" and "Its Never Too Late"] but the sound and the quality of performance are first rate. There are no liner notes to speak of, just a color picture on the cover. It does not list the musicians, but I'm sure the info is available on the other boots of the same show. There is a misprint on the spine of the case, which I guess makes this one a rarity - it says, "Bruce Springsteen - Wild Night".
added info. by happy jack
received in 2006
researched and updated info
added updated info. text
original info included
EAC Log Included
added md5 (it was not included in the files i recieved)
added flac fingerprints (it was not included in the files i recieved)
added Front Cover Artwork
SBE's checked and passed
Sound is awesome

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-9aa794
or
http://lix.in/-930679
http://lix.in/-948d1a
http://lix.in/-9613bb
http://lix.in/-979a5c
http://lix.in/-9920fd

or
http://mnnsmw.link-protector.com
http://mnnsmv.link-protector.com
http://mnnsmk.link-protector.com
http://mnnsmm.link-protector.com
http://mnnsmz.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-94395a
or
http://lix.in/-9bda7f
http://lix.in/-9d6120
http://lix.in/-9ee7c1
http://lix.in/-a06e62
http://lix.in/-92b2c3

or
http://mnzwws.link-protector.com
http://mnzwvx.link-protector.com
http://mnzwvw.link-protector.com
http://mnzwvv.link-protector.com
http://mnzwvk.link-protector.com


Are you enjoying these so far?.

9 comments:

Fran823 said...

Mamacita! This is awesome stuff!! I just found your blog and the Van material you're posting is incredible... lots of downloads ahead for me... thank you sir!

Anonymous said...

i'm not into VMs but some friends like him - even with this clock in the background. i've heard an early single and realy enjoyed the guitar work. the 1967 was interesting, now 73 i just give him a try.

prince 2011 from releigh would be great!

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for all this great VM material. There's a lot of healing being done.

I really appreciate all the work you put into this blog and your selection of material is always first class.

Anonymous said...

Simply fantastic, i've been a fan of the man for over 25 years and never come across this one aywhere in any format.
Big thanks as always

Anonymous said...

Ah man you are a true gift that keeps on giving! I am enjoying these recordings so much, I feel I am blessed to find this website with you posting all these gems. These recordings may be from 30 years ago; I love them all since I just discovered them.

People, if you're reading this: definitely download this music. It is craftsmanship bar none. To read that someone is a fan for over 25 years and hasn't heard this boot should give you all an idea just how special these boots are.

So a BIG thanQ form me to the tapers, editors, uploads, website admins and the like.

Thanks,
PhilBoogie

bohare said...

Thoroughly enjoying it! Thank you so much today and everyday!

Blue skies said...

I agree with PhilBoogie and all the others who, either in writing (or silently - post a comment, y'all!) are enjoying this recent run of great Van material so much. Here is another brilliant find that I didn't have and feel lucky to get access to.

Thanks for your great blog Dave, it really is appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I've been passing this stuff up day after day because I thought it was from Van's real-life son. For real :/ I never heard of the guy. Have you?

QualityBootZ said...

Mr VM hires WebSheriff to delete posts almost as soon as they appear. The only way around this is to make finding them all the more difficult.
I cannot tell if your reply was serious or not but if you HAVE been missing out then it is time to jump in both with feet and catch up.
I still don't feel that these can last too much longer.