Monday, January 31, 2011

Pink Floyd: Zab. Pt. Outtakes 1969 (Studio) FLAC

uploading finished
zabriskie_00
The Upgrade of Four Famous Zabriskie Point Out Takes - Nov./ Dec. 1969

OU: Here are the most celebrated four famous Zabriskie Point out takes in the best sound quality I ever heard. This is another product of my wide research about Zabriskie Point.
1 to 4: Pops Fixed and Speed Corrected (by }{eywood)
5 & 6: Untouched Files (by Grolsh)

1. Oenone PF&SC
2. Fingal's Cave PF&SC
3. Crumbling Land (extended version) PF&SC
4. Rain in the Country PF&SC
5. Oenone - Fingal's Cave - Crumbling Land (extended version) UF
6. Rain in the Country UF

OU: I have to thank Grolsh for this. He got his tape in the early 80's. He sent me some tapes to help the making of In Rainbow Light - The Box. In the packet was a Surprise CD as well with the ZP out takes (and more...). As you can hear from the Untouched version there are a few pops and tchs coming probably from a fresh LP.
Even the SQ is clearly good, the two tracks have the same problems of hiss and distortion we are used to know from Omayyad LPs.
Grolsh did try to find a better copy of this for many years without success. I and Grolsh thought was nice to share all this with you all. I thought also was nice to hear the songs de-popsed, speed corrected and without NR so I edited the two tracks and I gave them to }{eywood for the processes. He as usually was fast to make a good work.
It's a good upgrade and with a further elaboration by }{eywood it will generate an Omayyad Rev. A. I hope anyway it's only a step to the Holy Grail of the Zabriskie Point sessions. I'm talking about the copy of the master Don Hall took from MGM vaults in 1970.
Enjoy

Thanks to:
- Grolsh for the Surprise
- }{eywood for the work on the original tracks
- Don Hall for taking these pearls from MGM
Conceived, produced and released by WRomanus - Roma 08 Dicembre 2008

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
fileserve.com:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/ey4k4KZ
http://www.fileserve.com/file/mbzFh8d
http://www.fileserve.com/file/NSGK6wH

please use the referral link BELOW if you wish to become a Fileserve premium user
http://fileserve.com/signup.php?reff=XETA0m6ToZM~ (links above work without premium account too)

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-96f57c
http://lix.in/-987c1d
http://lix.in/-9a02be

or
http://mkxzsc.link-protector.com
http://mkxzsr.link-protector.com
http://mkxzss.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-924281
http://lix.in/-93c922
http://lix.in/-954fc3

or
http://mvssxc.link-protector.com
http://mvssxr.link-protector.com
http://mvssxs.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave!

This is simply wonderful!

I have to blame on you for my N-th Floyd fever attack!

Thanks from heart!

lino

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how this compares to the following boot, and if there is any cross-over?


Pink Floyd
The Complete Zabriskie Point Sessions

December 1969
Recorded in Rome, Italy

Soundboard Quality

01 Rain it the Country Take One
02 The Violence Sequence Take One
03 The Red Queen Theme Take One
04 Fingal's Cave Take One
05 Theme Take Two
06 Rain in the Country Take Two
07 Love Scene Take One
08 Love Scene Take Two
09 Blues Scene Take One
10 Fingal's Cave Take Two
11 Love Scene Take Three
12 Love Scene Take Four
13 The Red Queens Theme Take Two
14 Crumbling Land Take One
15 Unknown Song Take One

Lineage
Silver CD > EAC > WAV > Flac

QualityBootZ said...

Yes, there is overlap but this post represents the the earliest generation of these tracks known to exist. I believe that it is worth the upgrade.
the other post can be found here:
http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2008/01/pink-floyd-complete-zabriskie-point.html
-dave

Anonymous said...

thanks, Dave

trippinjohn said...

Many thanks!!!

Al said...

I just visited your post of Pink Floyd - The Complete Zabriskie Point Sessions and found that 2 songs were removed:

12 Love Scene Take Four (REMOVED)
15 Unknown Song Take One (REMOVED)

Why were these 2 songs removed? Are they available elsewhere? If so, where can I find them?
Thank you.

John said...

Al
If this came from DIME Then the answer is...

The two omitted tracks are available officially on disc 2 of the Expanded 2 disc version of ZAB POINT

Dime frowns on officially released material