Monday, January 3, 2011

Canned Heat: Boston 1972 (Ex FM Source) FLAC

missing track fixed and expanded access provided
Canned Heat - Back
WBCN Studios
Boston,MA
1972-02-22
Source: FM
Quality: A

-=Disc One=-
01.Back On The Road Again
02.Talking
03.Chicago Bound
04.Talking
05I Don't KNow What I'll Do With Myself
06.Talking
07.I Feel So Bad
08.Sneakin' Around
09.Talking
10.Big City (splice)
11.Big City pt.2
12.Talking
13.My Love For You Won't Grow Cold

-=Disc Two=-
01.Framed
02.Talking
03.Hill Stomp
04.Talking
05.Thats Alright
06.Talking
07.Let's Work Together
08.Let's Work Together pt.2
09.Talking
10.A Long Way From L.A
11.Talking
12.Have You Ever Loved A Women?
13.Radio AD for Canned Heat at the Electric Ballroom,Dallas,TX

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-2a248f
http://lix.in/-2bab30
http://lix.in/-2d31d1
http://lix.in/-2eb872
http://lix.in/-303f13
http://lix.in/-31c5b4
http://lix.in/-334c55

or
http://mwrcrs.link-protector.com
http://mwrcsx.link-protector.com
http://mwrcsw.link-protector.com
http://mwrcsv.link-protector.com
http://mwrcsk.link-protector.com
http://mwrcsm.link-protector.com
http://mwrcsz.link-protector.com


missing track:
http://lix.in/-954182
or
http://mwrccs.link-protector.com

megaupload:
http://lix.in/-34d2f6
http://lix.in/-271757
http://lix.in/-289df8
http://lix.in/-2a2499
http://lix.in/-2bab3a
http://lix.in/-2d31db
http://lix.in/-2eb87c

or
http://mwrcrv.link-protector.com
http://mwrcrk.link-protector.com
http://mwrcrm.link-protector.com
http://mwrcrz.link-protector.com
http://mwrcrn.link-protector.com
http://mwrcrc.link-protector.com
http://mwrcrr.link-protector.com


missing track:
http://lix.in/-9b5c2e
or
http://mwrcrw.link-protector.com

One site entitled this "...with Special Guests The J. Geils Band" but I am uncertain if this is accurate or not.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, may I thank you for this excellent posting by one of America's best Blues bands... AND, it's from their prime era...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this show.

Timmy, are you nuts?
"From their prime era"?!
Without the heart and soul of the band, Alan 'Blind Owl' Wilson who died a year and a half earlier?!

Anonymous said...

Where is track 2 on CD 2?! It's not there...

Anonymous said...

Anon 1 - you are totally right, and one of the best white blues harp players too, John Lee certainly thought so and 'Drifter' on Hooker n Heat is just classic blues. 'I just can't lose this kid' - too right
Anon 2 - you're also right but it's only talking that's missing. Seems to have been all sorts of issues with this post, I got it from elsewhere a while back and mine is also missing d2t2.
Still all Canned Heat is good and very welcome - thanks Dave

QualityBootZ said...

I have a 1970 soundboard on the way too.

Anonymous said...

Son House once said that Alan Wilson was the best harp player he'd ever heard with white skin on! Too bad he suffered from clinical depression. It was bad enough to take his life. A condition that is totally treatable today.

Anonymous said...

Back again. Anyone who has only heard the cd version of hooker 'n' heat should find an old copy of the vinyl, they left out the epic final boogie (all 20 mins or wahatever) to get it onto 1 cd. Criminal that kind of thing and JL's boogie tracks left Canned Heat's own increasingly 'refried' and overblown efforts a long way behind. Losing Blind Owl was more a question of losing focus rather than 'heart and soul' as I see it. Still a band formed out of a huge blues record collection (Mr Hite's) a superb guitarist (Mr Vestine) and a clinically depressed musical genius with a deep love of the environment (Mr Wilson) and then named after cheap moonshine! - you just gotta love it!
ps a 1970 soundboard sounds just great to me Dave

Anonymous said...

Dave, thanks for fixing this one and looking forward to the soundboard from 70.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the last few canned heat albums. The band experienced loses but they forged ahead. I saw doom at the end of the tunnel when Bob died but Fito kept the fire from going out. Truly a great American band.

Mark

Henry said...

Alan Wilson (video):

http://henrysarchive.blogspot.com/2010/11/canned-heat-on-road-again.html

Do you happen to have this one:
OFFENBACH, STADHALLE, APRIL 10,1970

thanks for sharing The Heat

Anonymous said...

More interesting quality chat from QualityBootz, take care all, see you 'somewhere' in 1970

Anonymous said...

thank you Henry for the Alan Wilson video. It is "sweet pain" to remember sitting in the Ash Grove L. A. and listening to Alan and friends playing their great music before they became famous. They introduced many of us to the blues. Thanks Dave for the post.

Anonymous said...

thank you Henry for the Alan Wilson video. It is "sweet pain" to remember sitting in the Ash Grove L. A. and listening to Alan and friends playing their great music before they became famous. They introduced many of us to the blues. Thanks Dave for the post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave for the post & Henry for the video. Don't know what more I can say about them. Musical honesty, integrity, and a great true love for their music, that's what I always associated with the Heat.
Brainy1000

Henry said...

same date? but different show!:
Canned Heat
WBCN Studios, Boston, MA.
2/22/72
with special guest J. Geils
at:
http://henrysarchive.blogspot.com/2011/01/canned-heat-1972-02-22.html