Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Floyd Will Return

Pink-Floyd--picture-23
Hi Friends,
I have reviewed my posts over the last few weeks and there has been a bit of a Floyd drought. Be assured that this will be corrected soon.
;)
-dave

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

great! I'm really in the mood for some Floyd

It'd be great to have a run of the best available sounding shows per tour/year.

It's so hard to know which shows to download because there's no consistent, rated and updated Pink Floyd database (like Genesis fans have at Genesis Movement)

For example, what's the best sounding show from 1972 containing pre-release Dark Side material?

Are there any pre-fms available? any soundboards? and if so, which version is considered the best?

so many questions!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the Floyd - I do indeed love it and look forward to its return. Do you think it would possible to mark each post as AUD (audience) or SBD (soundboard) in the future? The Pink Floyd ROIO is renowned for many a piss poor, bottom of the barrel recordings and while these are great as historical documents they are IMHO unlistenable. I personally prefer to stick to SBD recordings so that I may enjoy the music and if you marked your posts accordingly the readers could determine if they wanted the recording or not dependent on their own tastes. Thanks again for all the great boots!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave

That's good news. I am so grateful for all the Floyd, and though I own a huge bunch of recordings, there's always something new on your blog. By the way, do you maybe have the recording of the first night in Hannover, Germany, 1994? It's called Total Eclipse over Hannover, from 1994-08-16. Would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Thomas.

Jason said...

Shine on!

Anonymous said...

" Do you think it would possible to mark each post as AUD (audience) or SBD (soundboard) in the future? "

yes, it is kind of hard to sift through the site looking for the right Pink Floyd bootleg to download (there are 100s!) - it'd be wonderful to be able to have more search/label options (rather than just the year and band name, which is what is currently possible).

Of course, 'soundboard' doesn't mean a better sounding recording...

Anonymous said...

For the Anon inquiring about 1972 Dark Side shows:

The Chicago '72 is the best sounding, IMHO. :-)

Anonymous said...

Super!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave, You´re great, please give us more Floyd, the earlier, the better. Would be nice to have great shows from 1968 - if there are some good sounding out there. Yours, Causinger

Anonymous said...

Grand merci à toi

Anonymous said...

Dave, looking forward to more Floyd. If you get a chance, please reup this gem w/ mega links, Thanks for your efforts!
http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2008/03/fleetwood-mac-nashville-may-21-1977.html

Anonymous said...

nah, that's ok. Don't worry about it. I think we've had enough of this easy listening crap!

Anonymous said...

How about fixing this one first?

http://qualitybootz.blogspot.com/2011/01/roger-waters-phoenix-2010-ex-aud-flac.html

apparently missing tracks 18-32?
Thank you.

Mike said...

Thank you; don't hurry. We've had more than enough of PF and LZ.

Anonymous said...

I don't we should stick only to SBD recordings because there are also great AUD recordings around. The only matter is to look for the best sources possible. Once that it is done, we all will enjoy more early Floyd stuff.

As far as I know, the earliest good AUD recordings are dated from 1970 onwards.

Jason said...

In my experience, there are far fewer Floyd soundboards than for other bands. Thankfully, the quality of Floyd audience recordings seems to exceed that for other bands. There are a good five shows from '77 and another three or four from '75 that are exceptional.

Unknown said...

For me, there is only 1 great show from 1977, Animal Instincts Rev. B. After listening to that, I can't listen to others. That includes the Lampinski recording and only because of the fireworks and talking.

Anonymous said...

Thank you.

The SBD against AUD arguement...I've heard better AUDs than some supposed SBDs.
95% of all Floyd boots recorded in the 70's are AUDs so if you're looking exclusively fo a sounboard you'll be SOOL.
Lots of great stuff from '72..01-20-1972...01-22-1972...02-17.19 and 20-1972...03-06,07,08,09,10,12,13-1972,04-28-1972...etc...etc...
Some good ones from 1973 too.
I'd like to see some old classic original vinyl offerings if it's possible.
And there's never enough Floyd.
Keep 'em coming !

Cheers.

Parsimo said...

A Floyd drought? Really???

Time for a Led Zep drought then, methinks! ;-)

Anonymous said...

to anon:

the consistent, rated and updated database can be found at www.pf-db.com. Generally a good reference for quality AND source. BTW, have to agree, Chicago is one of the best '72 shows IMHO.

to Dave:

Thanks for all the shows you post... there can never be enough Floyd, though :)