Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Led Zeppelin: Tokyo 1971 (VG+ Aud) FLAC

first_attack_f
First Attack Of The Rising Of The Sun (Empress Valley EVSD 55-58)
Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan
September 23, 1971

Disc 1:
Goro Itoi Introduction,
Immigrant Song,
Heartbreaker,
Since I've been loving you,
Black Dog,
Dazed & Confused,
Stairway to Heaven

Disc 2:
Celebration Day,
That's the Way,
Going to California,
What is & what should never be,
Moby Dick

Disc 3:
Whole Lotta Love (incl. Medley),
Communication Breakdown

Disc 4 is from a different Source:
Goro Itoi Introduction,
Immigrant Song,
Heartbreaker,
Since I've been loving you,
Black Dog,
Dazed & Confused

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8fe67d
or
http://lix.in/-92f3c9
http://lix.in/-947a6a
http://lix.in/-96010b
http://lix.in/-9787ac
http://lix.in/-89cc0d
http://lix.in/-8b52ae
http://lix.in/-8cd94f
http://lix.in/-8e5ff0
http://lix.in/-8fe691
http://lix.in/-916d32
http://lix.in/-92f3d3
http://lix.in/-947a74

or
http://kszxnv.link-protector.com
http://kszxnk.link-protector.com
http://kszxnm.link-protector.com
http://kszxnz.link-protector.com
http://kszxnn.link-protector.com
http://kszxnc.link-protector.com
http://kszxnr.link-protector.com
http://kszxns.link-protector.com
http://kszxcx.link-protector.com
http://kszxzs.link-protector.com
http://kszxnx.link-protector.com
http://kszxnw.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-9787b6
or
http://lix.in/-8cd98b
http://lix.in/-8e602c
http://lix.in/-8fe6cd
http://lix.in/-916d6e
http://lix.in/-92f40f
http://lix.in/-947ab0
http://lix.in/-960151
http://lix.in/-9787f2
http://lix.in/-89cc53
http://lix.in/-8b52f4
http://lix.in/-8cd995
http://lix.in/-8e6036

or
http://kszxcz.link-protector.com
http://kszxcn.link-protector.com
http://kszxcc.link-protector.com
http://kszxcr.link-protector.com
http://kszxcs.link-protector.com
http://kszxrx.link-protector.com
http://kszxrw.link-protector.com
http://kszxrv.link-protector.com
http://kszxrk.link-protector.com
http://kszxcv.link-protector.com
http://kszxck.link-protector.com
http://kszxcm.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

8 comments:

ericjmz said...

A classic year,tour,date,& for that matter label-release,
IF I didn't already own it,I'd download in a second.
Which brings me to...

If you got this from a torrent like me,do you DO anything to it,mastering,equalization,volume,or otherwise to make it at all different?
If so,I'll try-&-compare yours.

By the way,this date makes the 25 best LedZep concerts ever...though they give the nod as to BEST version to "REFLECTION FROM A DREAM (TDOLZ 2CD)"...which I never heard.

ericjmz

Anonymous said...

Interesting point, I only have this and the 'last stand' version. I too like EVSD releases and try to grab 'em all

The one that never seems to appear (other than in mp3) is the Irish dates from '71, 'Black Velvet' The sound quality of both tapes is an emarrassment in comparison to the 'lush' packaging but they're historically and musically significant gigs. Mind you a strong case can be argued that with these lesser quality tapes you need lossless to catch every drop!

Anonymous said...

you can listen to the first 3 tracks AND the last 2 tracks (in Lossy) from TDOLZ's Reflection From A Dream at: http://starship.gotdns.com/
... A few collectors such as Blackmikito & PinkRudy have rated the sound quality of the various sources for this show, observing the source/recorder numbers found on the Bootledz site:
Source #1 - Front Row
Source #2 - Tales of Storms
Source #3 - Reflection From A Dream - TDOLZ
Source #4 - In Concert OG-660 vinyl
Source #5 - First Attack... EVSD disc #1-3
Source #5 - Timeless Rock - Watchtower 3cd
Source #6 - First Attack... - EVSD disc #4 bouns
Source #7 - Rock Carnival 1cd - Watchtower
Source #7 - Flying Rock Carnival Complete 3cd
Source #8 - Tokyo Tapes - EVSD discs 5-6
* Source 3 is supposed to have the BEST Sound Quality for the Acoustic Set.
* Source #5 is rated slightly higher than Source #3 by Blackmikito & PinkRudy.
* Source #7 is rated highest (for Disc One). Disc 2 & Disc 3 have some issues, and S7 Complete was released after those SQ ratings were published.
Personally, I love listening to & comparing all the various sources I have (THANKS DAVE!!) for this show. 9/23/71 is worthy of 8 different sources, or is it 9 or 10 now? Gotta love that Tobacco Road. =D

Anonymous said...

"The Top 25 (Led Zeppelin) Bootleg CDs" from stryder.de is dated June 1999. Back then, TDOLZ's "Reflection..." was considered the best version. It is still the best recording for the Acoustic Set (per Blackmikito). Since I don't have/haven't heard the Acoustic portion of "Reflection..", I'll just take his word for it.

Anonymous said...

oops... sorry about that. The url for the BlackBeauty site where you can listen (in lossy) Is:
http://starship.gotdns.com/zeppelin/beauty/

ericjmz said...

Good point as to the 1999 dating.
Then again,I think its most valuable as a listing of best concerts,not releases per se.
We're talking 1968 (one concert in late December) to mid-1980...so 1999 is still timely as to best concerts.
Then again,what amazes me is how many in those top 25 are extant in ONLy horrible sounding releases.

I would love any more modern additions to best concerts (another opine) or better yet,a more modern listing of best label releases.
Baker's Dozen is cool but its just multiple tallies of particular reviewers opinions so of most recent releases.
The "http://www.bootledz.com/comparisons.htm" is also cool...but it really just give minutiae of what releases contain how many minutes therein, where patched,where songs have missing parts,etc...it almost goes out of its way NOT to be a comparison in the way I would think most fans would want,which would boil down to:-
"OK...so whats the best?!?!?"

ericjmz

Anonymous said...

ericjmz,
I've had exactly the same experiences with these zep comparison sites and also it appears to be a general problem with bootleg notes generally. Usually you want somebody to say whether you need release 'B' when you already have release 'A'. The one thing nobody is ever prepared to say! I find the comments of other fans here and elsewhere to be far more useful

Anonymous said...

Thaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnks !!!

Cheers !