Starlight Bowl
Burbank, California, USA
May 1, 1976
OU: Hi folks, The skinny.I finally got around to comparing and contrasting the different Starlight Bowl shows I had...all two of them. Now the Movenment site lists four editions and I don't have a clue as to what's what. I looked at one of my discs and it stated "Upgrade" this one I got about 6 ish years ago and it's the one with that long intro where some guy states "you can hear the water" or "they changed something over there"" or something to that effect. Now the second version I have is different than the aforementioned one. Now as to which of the four listed on the movement site I don't know but it is a different source from the "water" version.The second version I have is different than the "water"one in that the "allright" and general talking at the beginning of "Dance" is differnt so that's two versions I have. Ok so for this one I am uploading or trying to upload (just ask the Yeeshkell site of how bad I screw up uploading torrents..nightmare city ...Hi Homerpax who is a decent chap who is assisting me with this upload torrent nightmare..) I have had this one since time began...how far back does this go.. well it's on a Scotch cassette tape; so it has to be at least late 1970's or early 1980's..Now as to who what where and when I don't have a clue. A long time ago to say the least. I have an idea but I can't confirm it. In Los Angeles during the 1970's Capitol Records (the round building) used to have a record swap meet in the parking lot that started around 2 or 3 AM and anything and everything was there and I mean it was all there. This meet surpassed Austin and Barcelona or is it Madrid. Now this one guy would show up and he had all the Genesis stuff. This guy had all the singles that you dreamed about..Knife, Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot eps, Hogweed Society badge, flag,pound note etc etc etc..I would put the date around 1976 or 1977..and I think I got this tape off of that guy..and from what I remember he is the same guy that you see on the inner sleeve of Seconds Out wearing a down jacket...and those Knife singles were just as expensive then as they are now...So I have transfered via Audacity than used CD Wave to split the tracks and encode it to FLAC.Then used TLH to creat the torrent and md5 and ffp checksum files. I made the intros into separate tracks but I didn't split Lamb Stew except for Carpet Crawlers.Now this tape is missing "I Know What I Like", "Los Endos"and "It/Watcher of the Skies" and most of the intros. I did not cut those out.. I assume that is the way I got it as I never played around with cutting off tracks to make it fit onto one tape etc etc etc..fast forward yes but cutting never..also the ending bit of "Supper" is missing..the bits after "lord of lords king of kings take me" stop tape...it was a great show as I was in High school then and a bunch of me mates went and I don't remember who I went with or anything really and no not for that reason just that I am an old fart ..now if this one turns out to be the same as the other ones just let me know...and so ...
Disc 1:
1.Dance on a Volcano
2.Intro Lamb Stew
3.Lamb Stew
4.Carpet Crawlers
5.Intro Cinema Show
6.Cinema Show
7.Robbery, Assault and Battery
8.Into White Mountain..Michael
9.White Mountain
Disc 2:
1.Intro Bruford/ Firth of Fifth
2.Firth of Fifth
3.Intro Entangled..Steve
4.Entangled
5.Squonk
6.Intro Supper's Ready
7.Supper's Ready
Quality...hmmmmmmm..... "B" maybe a low "B" depending on how you rate things maybe lower...the one with the "water" comments and you can hear the taper throughhout the show..it's below that one
Please do not alter or change anything as I would like everyone to get what is on the actual tape ..then they can do something..also if someone wants to put this up over at the Genesis Movement site go ahead as my uploading problems prevent me from doing just that
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8fde3f
or
http://lix.in/-8cd107
http://lix.in/-8e57a8
http://lix.in/-8fde49
http://lix.in/-9164ea
http://lix.in/-92eb8b
http://lix.in/-94722c
http://lix.in/-95f8cd
or
http://ksmcrs.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsx.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsw.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsv.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsk.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsm.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsz.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-92eb9f
or
http://lix.in/-8fde67
http://lix.in/-916508
http://lix.in/-92eba9
http://lix.in/-94724a
http://lix.in/-95f8eb
http://lix.in/-977f8c
http://lix.in/-89c3ed
or
http://ksmcsn.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsc.link-protector.com
http://ksmcsr.link-protector.com
http://ksmcss.link-protector.com
http://ksmrxx.link-protector.com
http://ksmrxw.link-protector.com
http://ksmrxv.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
1 comment:
Dave - thank you for this 1976 show. I missed this tour but saw Lamb and Duke. Thanks for sharing all this amazing music with us.
Post a Comment