Pink Floyd - Boston Garden - Boston, MA - 27 June 1977 - 16/44 Version - From Uncirculated Master Audience Recording - The Dan Lampinski Tapes Volume 89 - Cover Art Included
And speaking of Dan, here is a message from him to all of you:
"The Pink Floyd legend had grown to historical and hysterical proportions by 1977. I was incredibly pumped up for this concert...about as excited for any show I'd ever attended. While I'm not responsible for the fireworks (never quite got that fan mode of response for Floyd)...I am responsible for numerous outbursts of sheer joy and amazement over what we were experiencing. The mighty Floyd performing Wish You Were Here and Animals. It just could not be any better for an avowed proghead such as myself! I usually was quite reserved while recording...well not on this night...as I was determined to have a good time...and I certainly did. If I was holding one of the Nak mics...if I was monitoring the levels and tape flips...if I even carried the heavy Nak deck on my puny shoulders (actually I think I floated into the Garden that evening)...well I recall none of that. I just recall a fabulous show! Given my euphoric state of mind I was fortunate to get any kind of recording; albeit a
good one. This one is quite personal for me...as it captures the way I felt about seeing all the great performance bands of the 70's. It outwardly expresses the inner joy of many other concert experiences (where I normally concentrated on capturing a good recording.) I trust others will relate to an excited twenty-two year old being exactly where he wanted to be...in that space and time."
There you have it folks, be sure to tune in next Saturday for a very special event celebrating the final upload of this historic series. Although the exact time isto be determined, I am going to estimate we will be getting started around 2pm EST, hope to see you all there. For the insanely curious, we will be including a complete listing of all the torrents posted, plus the answers to all of your questions for Dan, not to mention a little su-prize or two. This has been such a fun project to be part of, if I could do it all over again, I would. My super special love and gratitude to Dan for taping, Carl for transferring the tapes, and Eric for the art. I feel especially privileged to have been the messenger.
Without further delay, I present for your enjoyment:
Pink Floyd
Boston Garden
Boston, MA
27 June 1977
Master audience recording taped by Dan Lampinski
CD1/Set I
01 Sheep
02 Pigs on the Wing pt1
03 Dogs
04 Pigs on the Wing pt2
05 Pigs (3 Different Ones) (spliced)
CD2/Set II
01 Shine on You Crazy Diamond I-V
02 Welcome to the Machine
03 Have a Cigar
04 Wish You Were Here
05 Shine on You Crazy Diamond VI-IX (spliced)
06 E1: Money
07 E2: Us and Them
Nakamichi 550 Tape Recorder
Two Nakamichi CM-300 Microphones
Maxell cassettes
Mastered and FLAC'ed by Carl Morstadt
Master Cassette -> Nakamichi CR-3A cassette deck with azimuth correction -> M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 2496 -> CDWAV 24-bit/96-KHz wav files -> Goldwave (normalizing and crossfades) ->
CDWAV (track breaks) -> dBpowerAMP Audio Converter (24-bit/96-KHz wav files converted to 16-bit/44.1 KHz wav files) -> FLAC Front End (FLAC 8 with sector boundary alignment)
FLAC files tagged with Foobar2000 Live Show Tagger
No EQ'ing.
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8d9944
or
http://lix.in/-8d994e
http://lix.in/-8f1fef
http://lix.in/-90a690
http://lix.in/-922d31
http://lix.in/-93b3d2
http://lix.in/-953a73
http://lix.in/-96c114
http://lix.in/-890575
http://lix.in/-8a8c16
http://lix.in/-8c12b7
or
http://krrsvk.link-protector.com
http://krrsvm.link-protector.com
http://krrsvz.link-protector.com
http://krrsvn.link-protector.com
http://krrsvc.link-protector.com
http://krrsvr.link-protector.com
http://krrsvs.link-protector.com
http://krrskx.link-protector.com
http://krrskw.link-protector.com
http://krrskv.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-8909cb
or
http://lix.in/-93b59e
http://lix.in/-953c3f
http://lix.in/-96c2e0
http://lix.in/-90a870
http://lix.in/-8c150f
http://lix.in/-8d9bb0
http://lix.in/-8909ad
http://lix.in/-8a904e
http://lix.in/-8c16ef
http://lix.in/-8d9d90
or
http://krsxxm.link-protector.com
http://krsxxz.link-protector.com
http://krsxxn.link-protector.com
http://krsxwm.link-protector.com
http://krsxmz.link-protector.com
http://krsxmn.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
27 comments:
looks good Dave! (maybe someone can fill in the tape-flip gaps on Dan's recording with the alternate-tape source out there?!)
Wow Britney Spears was the trick, and Pink Floyd is the treat! Thanks to Dan the man.
Great. Many thanks in advance.
looks good Dave! (maybe someone can fill in the tape-flip gaps on Dan's recording with the alternate-tape source out there?!)
Someone in the Floyd community will have that done-or more likely some sort of matrix with the Steve Hopkins recording before too long...
Can't wait!!! ANIMALS is, by a country mile, my most loved PF album and tour, and this recording should be THE cream of the crop!
I'm a bit skeptical after hearing Dan say he talks/cheers at times, but I will surely give it a listen.
I was really hoping that Dan's recording would rival or surpass Animal Instincts. Perhaps a matrix will?
thanks in advance Dave! Very cool hearing from Dan himself about what he 'remembers' about the 1977 show =D. I've heard the '75 Hopkins/Lampinski matrix and imo it's brilliant. And thanks to Dave & PRRP for those '75 Remasters too! The previous releases for Boston '77 are EX to EX+. There is an itty-bitty cut in Potw#1, and it looks like Dan's Potw#1 is complete (no splice notation), so I'm hoping the same folks who did the '75 matrix can work their magic on this one. I know these things take time, but certainly Dan's recording (like all his others) will be Ex on its own. Happy Halloween.
Trick or Floyd!
or course, Floyd !!!
thanks in advance, dear Dave,
go ahead :)
Ps: happy jalowin!
Some help here. I attended this show. At the time I was just short of 18 years old and was attending only my second or third concert. I was more of a Hendrix, Zeppelin fan although I had certainly enjoyed DTSOTM and WYWH. Like many in the crowd I was in a mentally altered euphoric state. I swear that the band played a third encore song CWTAE or OFTD with the house lights on. Never seen it on any boot so maybe I was realy altered. Anyway I've now attended well over 100 shows - without question this is the holy grail of all the shows I've seen.
would like to request...
Jimmy Page & Aerosmith
1990-08-20
London, UK
Marquee Club
The whole show, not just the Pagey parts, thanks
How does this recording compare to Curse of the Pig from the same date?
How does this recording compare to Curse of the Pig from the same date?
Completely different recorder
Completely different recorder.
THANKS !!!!!!
I have downloaded over 100GB of music from this site for free.
Hail qualitybootz !!!
I share everything I download.
Thank you & Dan for this great sounding show.
Merci pour tout ce travail!
Several have commented on Dime about the quality of this version:
http://qualityboots.blogspot.com/2008/04/pink-floyd-have-cigar-boston-1977-flac.html
Several have commented on Dime about the quality of this version:
http://qualityboots.blogspot.com/2008/04/pink-floyd-have-cigar-boston-1977-flac.html
Curse of the Pig is a better recording.
Dave, you never cease to spoil us with your great boots. Thanks for sharing this with us. :-D
Is Have a Cigar a better recording than Curse of the Pig?
Curse of the Pig came from (probably) Steve Hopkin's recording and was remixed by Digital Reproductions; Have a Cigar is supposedly from a newer, more complete recording and was remixed by Cannonball. Dan's tape has not been mixed, eq'ed or speed corrected-yet.
Thanks for the show, Dave! I grade almost all of the Lampinski recordings I have (probably around 25) as at least A- sound quality. Many are A's. This one is an A-. I think Have a Cigar is a little better. But still, thanks to Dan for recording all the shows, his friend for getting them out there, and Dave for giving them to those of us who don't torrent.
I just downloaded Have a Cigar and am listening to it now. Excellent quality that is comparable to Animal Instincts Rev. B.
I appreciate all of these recordings. Thank You very much for the chance to hear them all.
'Outstanding work there, RedTeam - get you a case of beer for that one'.
When I extracted the .rar files it said that Track 1 is corrupt. Help?
Thanks.
I compared d2tq (SoYCD) on this version to the Ayanami version called 'The Perfect Day.' The latter is way better sound. By comparison, Lampinski's version sounds distant, full of echo and, worst of all, the guitar is back in the mix. 'The Perfect Day' is great, an A, while the Lambinski master is maybe a B+ as I rate RoIOs. Just my opinion.
I sincerely thank you very much for making this available.
Post a Comment