Monday, September 20, 2010

The Kinks: Providence 1974 (Dan Lampinski Aud Master) FLAC

Preservation Tour
The Kinks 1974-11-30 Providence, RI
Palace Theatre
Providence, RI
30 November 1974
Master audience recording taped by Dan Lampinski

CD1/Set 1
01 Here Comes A New Day
02 You Really Got Me >
03 All Day And All Of The Night
04 Celluloid Heroes
05 Waterloo Sunset
06 Sunny Afternoon
07 Band Intros
08 Banana Song > Lola
09 Acute Scizophrenia Paranoia Blues
10 Alcohol
11 Skin And Bone
12 Good Golly Miss Molly

CD2/Set 2 (Preservation)
01 Preservation
02 Morning Song
03 Daylight
04 There's A Change In The Weather
05 Money And Corruption
06 I'm Your Man
07 Here Comes Flash
08 Demolition
09 Money Talks
10 Shepherds Of The Nation
11 He's Evil
12 Scum Of The Earth
13 Slum Kids
14 Mirror Of Love
15 Alcohol
16 Flash's Dream > Flash's Confession
17 Nothing Lasts Forever
18 Artificial Man
19 Scrap Heap City
20 Salvation Road > Finale

Sony TC-152SD Tape Recorder
Sony ECM-99 Stereo Microphone
Maxell cassettes
Mastered and FLAC'ed by Carl Morstadt

Master Cassette -> Nakamichi CR-3A cassette deck with azimuth correction -> M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 2496 -> CDWAV 24-bit/96-KHz wav files -> Goldwave (normalizing and crossfades) -> CDWAV (track breaks) -> dBpowerAMP Audio Converter (24-bit/96-KHz wav files converted to 16-bit/44.1 KHz wav files) -> FLAC Front End (FLAC 8 with sector boundary alignment)
FLAC files tagged with Foobar2000 Live Show Tagger
No EQ'ing.

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8de055
or
http://lix.in/-8de05f
http://lix.in/-8f6700
http://lix.in/-90eda1
http://lix.in/-927442
http://lix.in/-84b8a3
http://lix.in/-863f44
http://lix.in/-87c5e5
http://lix.in/-894c86
http://lix.in/-8ad327
http://lix.in/-8c59c8

or
http://knsvww.link-protector.com
http://knsvwv.link-protector.com
http://knsvwk.link-protector.com
http://knsvwm.link-protector.com
http://knsvwz.link-protector.com
http://knsvwn.link-protector.com
http://knsvwc.link-protector.com
http://knsvwr.link-protector.com
http://knsvws.link-protector.com
http://knsvvx.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-8f670a
or
http://lix.in/-90edb5
http://lix.in/-927456
http://lix.in/-84b8b7
http://lix.in/-863f58
http://lix.in/-87c5f9
http://lix.in/-894c9a
http://lix.in/-8ad33b
http://lix.in/-8c59dc
http://lix.in/-8de07d
http://lix.in/-8f671e

or
http://knsvvw.link-protector.com
http://knsvvv.link-protector.com
http://knsvvk.link-protector.com
http://knsvvm.link-protector.com
http://knsvvz.link-protector.com
http://knsvvn.link-protector.com
http://knsvvc.link-protector.com
http://knsvvr.link-protector.com
http://knsvvs.link-protector.com
http://knsvkx.link-protector.com


Comments are always most welcomed!

9 comments:

sd10521 said...

Thank You!

Great sounding show from an excellent tour.

I caught them on this tour a few times in the New York City area.

... although I did grab this same show in the higher bitrate from a popular torrent site I'm getting this version now, too.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I recently picked up a vinyl copy of the Kinks `Preservation Act 2` while in Florida. Live `Preservation Act 2`
tracks will brighten my monday. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Links...??

Innocent Bystander said...

This will certainly be a nice start to an otherwise uninspiring week around here. Thanks as always Dave.

Anonymous said...

A Lampinski Kinks show - great share, matey, many thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm not really a Kinks fan but whatever this is it has to be a hundred times better than the man's pretentious and flatulent performance at this years Glastonbury. I mean pity the poor souls who sat in a field for 3 days thru one of the worst band lineups in recent memory, only to discover that rather than singing their way thru some classics the man has brought a choir to do their singing for them!! I mean he could have got away with just one ac guitar! I swear if I see one more violin....

Anonymous said...

thanks for the post. enjoyable show.;

Paulo said...

I'm listening it now and I'm delighted with the clear quality of this recording (it's made from audience, but so much better than some "soundboard" bootlegs!). And I never had found a complete Preservation "era" show before, so I'm surprised twice. Many thanks for this treasure!