Thursday, September 16, 2010

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band: Los Angeles 2 Shows from Jan 1973 (VG and VG+ Aud) FLAC and shn

by request and I can put many more CB shows/studio stuff up if requested
Artwork - front

1973-01-03 The Troubadour L.A., California.
01. Hair Pie
02. Suction Prints
03. Low Yo Yo Stuff
04. Old Black Snake
05. Nowaday's A Woman's Gotta Hit A Man
06. band introductions >
07. > band intros > Sugar 'N Spikes
08. Crazy Little Thing
09. I'm Gonna Booglarize You
10. Click Clack
11. Alice In Blunderland
12. Golden Birdies
13. More
total time approx 41 min

Captain Beefheart / Don Van Vliet - vocal, harp
Rockette Morton / Mark Boston - guitar, bass
Zoot Horn Rollo / Bill Harkleroad - guitar
Alex St. Claire / Alex Snouffer - guitar
Orejon / Roy Estrada - Bass
Ed Marimba / Art Tripp - Drums

Unknown (low) Gen Maxell XLII-S Tape > Sony TC-WE805S Deck > TDK DA-3826 > CD-R > PC > Wav > Traders Little Helper Flac level 8 (transfer-mcchocchoc)

This is a great show. Overall sound is very good + for a 72/73 Magic Band show. There is a cut during Old Black Snake. If your a Zoot Horn Rollo fan you'll enjoy this recording, his guitar is clear and upfront. The band is tight and Don's vocals are really swell. He also says some pretty funny things throughout the set. Enjoy.
Much thanks to the taper/s of this fine, fine, super fine show.

+++
Captain Beefheart
What's All This Booga Booga Music?
Live at the Troubadour 5 January 1973
Los Angeles, CA
mint vinyl bootleg lp (first play) > HD > Cooleditpro > CDR > EAC > shn

I got this at another site a couple of years ago, but I suspect it originally came from here and is now going full circle...

1. Suction Prints
2. Golden Birdies
3. Black Snake Blues
4. I'm A King Bee
5. Jimmy Bill's In Town
6. Band Introduction
7. Alice In Blunderland
8. Abba Zabba
9. Big Eyed Beans From Venus
10. I'm Gonna Booglarise You Baby

Rockette Morton - bass & guitar
Alex St. Clair - guitar
Ed Marimba (Art Trip) - drums
Orejon (Roy Estrada) - bass
Zoot Horn Rollo (Bill Harkelroad) - guitar

Some artwork included.
more info: http://www.shiningsilence.com/hpr/albums/booga.php

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-8c5f37
or
http://lix.in/-8644bd
http://lix.in/-87cb5e
http://lix.in/-8951ff
http://lix.in/-8ad8a0
http://lix.in/-8c5f41
http://lix.in/-8de5e2

or
http://kzrnxz.link-protector.com
http://kzrnxn.link-protector.com
http://kzrnxc.link-protector.com
http://kzrnxr.link-protector.com
http://kzrnxs.link-protector.com
http://kzrnwx.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-84be26
or
http://lix.in/-8de5ec
http://lix.in/-8f6c8d
http://lix.in/-90f32e
http://lix.in/-83378f
http://lix.in/-84be30
http://lix.in/-8644d1

or
http://kzrnwn.link-protector.com
http://kzrnwc.link-protector.com
http://kzrnwr.link-protector.com
http://kzrnws.link-protector.com
http://kzrnvx.link-protector.com
http://kzrnvw.link-protector.com


I also added a little bonus: a Don Van Vliet interview 1973-04-24 BBC Radio London, England 1 by John Peel (FM).

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you once again, it's clear we need more Beefheart. Ib fact the world needs more Beefheart but not enough space to get into that here.
Please keep them coming, anyway you can't stop now, we've only got to '73 and that leaves lots more great music to come from the man

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these 2 Beefheart shows from the Troubadour in Jan. 73. He played there 6 nights Jan 2-7 and I was at one of the shows. Martin Mull opened for him.
I remember Art Tripp/Ed Marimba playing a clear Fibes drumset, I didn't think it sounded great but I guess he used since Beefheart's Clear Spot LP had just been released.

Anonymous said...

Never enough Beef,
more Beef please.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Dave for more great stuff from the Captain...still workin on yesterdays but will be gettin this next...ROCK ON!!!

zubbid said...

I, also, am appreciating this series of Beefheart posts.

Anonymous said...

All of the recent Beefheart has been a real treasure trove of music.

Anything else you wish to share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

smokin' bob said...

Previous commenters have said it all.Must have more Beef.

Anonymous said...

yes dave
beefheart all the way !!!!

Anonymous said...

Dave
I think you've really started something here!!
At last, a Beefheart friendly blog, just one more reason why QualityBootz will always be the best

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! This is incredible...Beefcake rules! ;-)
Thanks as always Dave!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beefheart might be an acquired taste, but like fine Scotch Whisky, it's a true treasure for some of us. And with Arthur Dyer Tripp III on drums (a personal fave), even better.

You constantly amaze me (bowing low).

Bob

sd10521 said...

Thank you.

Truly a great performer.

Any more would be greatly appreciated.

Martin said...

The BEST boot site I've found. Long thought Beefheart has been an obvious content omission. MORE please!

Also need rare Only Ones and World Party...

M

Musicmasterfuzz said...

Brilliant Beefheart posts Dave, please go on with more.
THANKS!!!!

X75a said...

I don't think you can ever have enough Beefheart. I've listened to his music since the late '70's and I still don't get tired of it. Hard to believe that he retired from music in the early '80's. Yet, I think his music still feels current to me.

Anonymous said...

Here is the Beef!

Thanks Dave yet again.

neil53 said...

Boy, you are one superb boot collector! The sheer quantity is incredible, as is the eclectic nature of your taste.
I just noticed your note that you have tons more Beefheart. I have a lot too and would love to compare collections in case there's anything I can send you (though I somehow doubt it!). Regardless, please accept this message as a plea to put up all the Beefheart you have!!

I recently started a blog and I'd love your opinion of it. Also would be happy to link you if you wish. Here's the address:

www.groundsforappeal.ihookitup.com

Keep up the great work!
Neil

Anonymous said...

Please, more Captain. Great musician, great music.

Anonymous said...

Do you also have the original "What's All This Booga-Booga Music" Recording as it is shown on the cover you placed here? I bought this one about 30 years ago and would really like to see it as a digital version.
Thank you for all the Captain you have posted. Some nice gems I didn't have in my collection. Keep on posting Captain Beefheart
greetings from Germany

Anonymous said...

such a shame that some of the files are in .shn formaat. I can neither play nor convert (to wav)