Thursday, September 30, 2010

Steel Pulse: Boston 1984 (FM) FLAC

steel pulse
WFNX, Boston. late June 1984.
Source: Maxcell dbs 90>Xitel Inport>Hard Drive>WAV>FLAC(8).

OU: I got this one in fall 1989 from my cousin James, and no scam, it did sit in a concrete basement in Canada until I rescued it (along with Burning Spear Chicago '88) in 2008. Michael _________ of WFNX Boston starts the intro, but the first few moments are squelched audio until it opens up during Reggae Fever. As for the date, the Musicians mention that they were in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire before Boston, so If someone has the dates for the '84 tour, please enlighten me. The sound is alright, not fantastic, but ok, and a welcome addition to '84 Steel Pulse. I did re-work the audio as it was in need, as I don't think it was an early generation, but rather a later one. There is a momentary left channel quality drop during Prodigal Son...it was on the original...so I can't fix it without another source.

Side A:
1. Intro-Reggae Fever: 5:52
2. Soldiers: 4:42
3. Blues Dance Raid: 7:40
4. Prodigal Son: 6:11
5. Roller Skates: 6:06
6. Handsworth Revolution: 7:00
7. Macka Spliff: 4:24

Side B:
8. Wild Goose Chase: 5:28
9. Throne Of Gold: 4:58
10. Ravers: 12:04
11. Steppin' Out: 5:01
12. Steppin' Out Dub Live: 2:27
13. Leggo Beast: 4:21
14. Marcus Say Dub: 9:33
15. Chant A Psalm: 2:59 (cut)

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-84cf55
or
http://lix.in/-8df71b
http://lix.in/-8f7dbc
http://lix.in/-91045d
http://lix.in/-928afe
http://lix.in/-84cf5f
http://lix.in/-865600

or
http://kcxvsx.link-protector.com
http://kcxvsw.link-protector.com
http://kcxvsv.link-protector.com
http://kcxvsk.link-protector.com
http://kcxvsm.link-protector.com
http://kcxvsz.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-8655d8
or
http://lix.in/-8f7d9e
http://lix.in/-91043f
http://lix.in/-928ae0
http://lix.in/-84cf41
http://lix.in/-8655e2
http://lix.in/-87dc83

or
http://kcxvrm.link-protector.com
http://kcxvrz.link-protector.com
http://kcxvrn.link-protector.com
http://kcxvrc.link-protector.com
http://kcxvrr.link-protector.com
http://kcxvrs.link-protector.com


6 boots today. 6 tomorrow.

1 comment:

Prefabfan said...

I admire the way your musical tastes crosses racial lines. Good music is good music, after all.