BBC Transcription Disc 152509-1 152510-2
Direct Transfer from Vinyl by creamcheese
OU's Story: This is a little bit of nostalga. I bought this boot (I'm almost shure it's a bout) when i was still very young. It was played quite a lot then because, well, unissued song in superb quality you know ("never released on a pink floyd album" and all that stuff).
Technical Mumbo Jumbo: Now, after reactivating my good old turntable, now equipped with a Ortophon OM 10 Super cartridge, which -perhaps for the first time ever- is mounted properly (with E. Schön moulding tool), I decided to transfer this old treasure to 24/48 with my new Cambridge Audio 540 P phono preamp directly to my RME HDSP 9632.
I have slightly declicked it afterwards.
There is nothing special about this record, perhaps some of you have it as well and in better quality.
This Copy is not that what one would usually call "mint condition". The only thing about this one is the version of echoes which has a delayed ping at the beginning which gives the intro a special flavour. I don't know if the delay was added by the BBC for Broadcast or the bootleggers (if it is a bootleg). But it wasn't a bad idea at all...
On the Fotos coming with this you can see the record that this one was made from.
Trader's Blahblah: No lossy conversion, don´t sell, trade freely, always wash your hands after shi*ing.
Music:
1. Richard Skinner
2. Embryo (1970-07-16)
3. John Peel (1970-07-16)
4. Green is the Colour (1970-07-16)
5. Careful with that Axe, Eugene (1970-07-16)
6. Richard Skinner
7. One of these Days (1971-09-30)
8. John Peel (1971-09-30)
9. Echoes (1971-09-30)
rar files packed with 3% recovery record - links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-73e443
or
http://lix.in/-756ac6
http://lix.in/-76f167
http://lix.in/-787808
http://lix.in/-6abc69
http://lix.in/-6c430a
http://lix.in/-6dc9ab
http://lix.in/-6f504c
or
http://vzrmrk.link-protector.com
http://vzrmrm.link-protector.com
http://vzrmrz.link-protector.com
http://vzrmrn.link-protector.com
http://vzrmrc.link-protector.com
http://vzrmrr.link-protector.com
http://vzrmrs.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-756abc
or
http://lix.in/-7877f4
http://lix.in/-6abc55
http://lix.in/-6c42f6
http://lix.in/-6dc997
http://lix.in/-6f5038
http://lix.in/-70d6d9
http://lix.in/-725d7a
or
http://vzrmcm.link-protector.com
http://vzrmcz.link-protector.com
http://vzrmcn.link-protector.com
http://vzrmcc.link-protector.com
http://vzrmcr.link-protector.com
http://vzrmcs.link-protector.com
http://vzrmrx.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
16 comments:
Hi!
Why do you think thats it id a Boot? The BBC had the BBC Transcription Programm. A Radiostation could get the Concerts that the BBC Recorded for Airplay. And thats what the Records for.
The BBC TS made this for many many Years and it was not easy to get one of this Records. I got only 2 Records.
So again NO its NOT a Bootlegg its made from the BBC in their Studio.
Hi
The original transcription discs of the BBC are not a boot, though neither for sale nur for commercial release. This record which is pictured here is, I think, an illegal pressing of the BBC dics. So you might call it a counterfeit.
Cheers
Thomas
Thanks a lot ! Great stuff ...
Hervé
the comments were from the OU sorry for the confusion.
These records (whether "these" or the "real" pressings have been the source for countless Floyd boots.
Dave
A bootleg or RoIO (recording of illegitimate origin)is material that was not commercially released, usually consisting of live recordings, studio outtakes, acetates, alternate versions, home recordings, etc.
Counterfeits are reproductions made to appear as if they are the real thing. Two good examples are the Beatles Xmas album and the Beatles VeeJay releases, both of which were counterfeited to look legitimate.
Pirate discs contain commercially released material that is repackaged with a unique cover - thus not made to look like a legitimate release.
In my opinion, in the case of the BBC transcription disc, if indeed it is not the real original legitimate item, would be classified both as a counterfeit (because it is a reproduction of a legitimate issue with packaging intended to fool a buyer to think it is the real deal) and a bootleg (because the material was not then commercially released).
Pirates and counterfeits of commercially released recordings are illegal and unethical. IMHO, counterfeits of noncommercial recordings are also unethical,because they are intended to rip off an unsuspecting consumer. However, bootlegs & other RoIOs are fair game and not a ripoff when freely shared.
ALL MU LINKS OK
I wonder where the Floyd BBC recordings would come in a league table of most 'booted' recordings? Always nice to hear this kind of stuff off the vinyl, just sounds and feels kinda right. Vinyl will always be king for me and it's not based on sentiment either. Thanks
Yeah I'm pretty sure its a counterfeit, I'm sure I heard somewhere that original BBC Transcription discs had the words printed in blue on the disc label. I have a black/grey printed U2 BBC disc which is a fake. Quality is still good though.
Thanks posting this one Dave
cheers hp
Dave.. lucky for whatever reasons that folks copied some of the early BBC stuff cos a lot of the original tapes weren't kept by the BBC , but re-used as the management at the time didn't realise the value of the music. A few years back, the BBC actually put out requests for missing material in the hope that home tapers would be able to supply copies that could put back into their archives !!! The early Floyd sessions ( with tracks like "vegetable man ") were examples. Alan Freeman actually re- broadcast the early Floyd sessions that the BBC got sent back in and aplogised for the quality saying this was all the BBC had !!
??? home taping is killing music??? ROTFLMFAO
Dave - keep up the good work
Steve
Anyone else have any problems with this one? I've tried twice with the MU and both times most of the files are corrupt when I attempt to convert to WAV. I'm getting the same return codes I got with the Rolling Stones "Whip Comes Down" from Lexington '81 posted last week
I have a Led Zeppelin disc just like that.
I think the story goes that those were pressed and sent to radio stations overseas for broadcast.
They were never meant to be sold to the public.
I have only ever bought three bootlegs in my life.
The Led Zeppelin BBC disc (if you count that). A Hendrix album called James Marshall - Midnight Lightning. And a Woodstock boxset. I got all three in the early 1990s for about 20 bucks total.
Yep, I have "un rared" it converted to Wav with TLH and it won't play. There is some sort of problem with the codecs which i have not encountered on here before. i have a feeling it may be summat to do with the original conversion being done in Windows 7 but I am an IT amateur so who knows?? cheers hp
problems for me to....using Max and/or xACt on mac osx...
sorry...
Yup. Downloaded on Mega, converted with Flac Frontend to WAV. Only two tracks play.
Are the rapid links ok?
I also have the same problems with the files off mega. Only ones that play are the first 4 and money :(
Trying to get the files off rapid, but of course they are overloaded :/
The songs i can play are inded fantastic. Superb job
the rapid rars are good
Post a Comment