Mid-South Coliseum
Memphis, TN
Oct. 8, 1975
Soundboard recording (quite possibly pre-FM)
Boot title: Rockin' Down In Memphis (OH BOY 1-9118)
Note: This show is commonly mislabeled as coming from The Showboat (Memphis, TN), Oct. 31, 1975 but the date above is the correct one.
TheCommish notes: This is perhaps the ULTIMATE Doobies show to have in one's collection. In fact, many of us already have this show and can vouch for the QUALITY of both the sound and performance.
Taken from KBFH broadcast recording. Inspired by the huge commercial success of WHAT WERE ONCE VICES ARE NOW HABITS album, the band delivered such a powerful and tight performance throughout the states. It's a tremendous loss for them (and US!) not to release the live album from this period officially... Enjoy!
Artwork is also included.
Tracklist:
01. Jesus Is Just Alright
02. Rockin' Down The Highway
03. Road Angel
04. South City Midnight Lady
05. Eyes Of Silver
06. Black Water
07. Long Train Runnin'
08. China Grove
09. Without You
Lineage: Silver CD --> xACT (secure) --> Wav --> Flac (level 6) (except tracks 02 and 03--see below)
Editing notes (by TheCommish): I grabbed this particular FLAC fileset when it was shared on DIME by nobby3 in June 2007, and, for the most part, this torrent includes the FLAC files downloaded from nobby3.
HOWEVER, for this new torrent I decided to fix the dreadful track split that existed between tracks 02/03 on the previous version (the previous track 02 included "Rockin' Down The Highway" and a good portion of "Road Angel"--before splitting tracks--with the rest of "Road Angel" continuing in track 03). I accomplished this as follows: (1) used Traders Little Helper to convert the two "bad" FLAC files (track 02 and 03) into WAV files, (2) used Audacity to combine both WAV files into a larger WAV file, (3) used CD Wave to split the combined WAV file at the correct track points, and (4) used Traders Little Helper to re-convert the 2 resulting WAV files back into FLAC files (aligned on sector boundaries).
I also renamed track 06 from "Blackwater" to "Black Water", and I added an apostrophe to the song title for track 07.
Bandmembers:
Patrick Simmons - Guitars, Vocals
Jeff "Skunk" Baxter - Guitars, Pedal steel, Vocals
Tiran Porter - Bass
Michael McDonald - Keyboards, Vocals
John Hartman - Drums
Keith Knudsen - Drums, Percussion, Vocals
Special Guest - The Memphis Horns
Wayne Jackson, Andrew Love, James Mitchell, Lewis Collins, Jack Hale
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-75b78a
or
http://lix.in/-6c8fc4
http://lix.in/-6e1665
http://lix.in/-6f9d06
http://lix.in/-7123a7
or
http://vmzkrz.link-protector.com
http://vmzkrn.link-protector.com
http://vmzkrc.link-protector.com
http://vmzkrr.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-69b130
or
http://lix.in/-6b37c7
http://lix.in/-6cbe68
http://lix.in/-6e4509
http://lix.in/-6fcbaa
or
http://vmznrr.link-protector.com
http://vmznrs.link-protector.com
http://vmznsx.link-protector.com
http://vmznsw.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
3 comments:
Too cool man. Loving the variety!!
No Tom Johnston? No Doobies w/o Tom.
Quite a great selection today Dave. I've been scrolling down the page looking at what comes up next & saying to myself "Oh, that one looks great too". So thank you for that.
However.... (knew that was coming didn't you...), something really needs to be done about stretching each day beyond 24 hours as I just don't have the time to listen to all this wonderful music (or at least not with the undivided attention that they deserve).
And then I look at it even closer & I realize that I lost a day somewhere & I'm only up to Thursday. Ah well, it's all great music no matter when it gets listened to. As always, thanks much for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated...
Post a Comment