Friday, February 5, 2010

Pink Floyd: Ossiach 1971 (VG Aud) FLAC

reup by request and now includes mega
1971.07.01_Cosmic Music_front
Discs: 2
Label: DFP-204
Ossiach Festival Stiftshoff, Ossiach, Austria 1971.07.01
This version has been restored to original MONO (all sources for this show are mono) and sounds far better than the artficial stereo versions out there.
I also included are some vintage magazine articles on Floyd (pdf)

01 Echoes
02 Careful With That Axe, Eugene
03 Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
04 Atom Heart Mother

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-7499cb
or
http://lix.in/-6e7f47
http://lix.in/-7005e8
http://lix.in/-718c89

or
http://vmnxnv.link-protector.com
http://vmnxnk.link-protector.com
http://vmnxnm.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-683a25
or
http://lix.in/-746f05
http://lix.in/-75f5a6
http://lix.in/-683a07

or
http://vmzcsz.link-protector.com
http://vmzcsn.link-protector.com
http://vmzcsc.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave for this early-seventies Floyd performance! Any show with an Atom Heart Mother with an orchestra is worth a listen, imo!
(Plus i'm a MONO SNOB when it comes to music recorded before 1957--like jazz & R&B--no choice in that matter!--and live gigs from the sixties/early seventies that were originally recorded in mono!)

p.s. the folder of extra artwork is freakin' me out: especially those "Children Of The Damned" dolls. ;). Crikey!!

Anonymous said...

Once again I am humbled by your generosity. I found QualityBootz last year as I was searching for live Pink Floyd. Thanks so very much for all of the recent posts.
I listened to "Echoes" from 06.28.75 the other day, for the first time, and started smiling just hearing the audience as the band warmed up for the encore. You are truly the best.
Blessings - have a great weekend.
Thomas

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing this, but I'm afraid that in my download, I don't see any pdf files. I'd still love to see some of those vintage articles.

lucythegypsie said...

I was just curious, why is all of the media FLAC format? Is there a way I could get regular mp3 files of the same material? Thanks for all of the great stuff, by the way.

Beth said...

lucy, FLAC is a lossless file format and gives a fuller sound to the music, than a lossy format like mp3. Most people prefer FLAC for boots, unless they want to put them on mp3 players, in which case they'd need a program to convert the files.

Fortunately for people like that, one exists. Download Trader's Little Helper, decode audio files, encode WAV files and convert lossless formats to mp3. It's free, there's no virus/spyware/malware issues with it and it's a breeze to use. It's easier to provide it in FLAC and let people convert it if they want, rather than post both formats.

lucythegypsie said...

What if you only have a Mac? :(

sd10521 said...

If you are on the mac platform there is a program called xAct which is very easy to use.

Google it.