Friday, October 28, 2011

Pink Floyd: Daly City 1975 (VG Aud) FLAC

New "1st gen" source - Recorder 3
Picture1
1975.04.13 The Cow Palace, Daly City, California
original source/lineage: Recorder 3 / cass[1] > Sony TC- WE475 > SB X-Fi Platinum > TLH > flac
new source/lineage: Recorder 3 / cass[1] > Sony TC- WE475 > SB X-Fi Platinum > TLH > flac > wav > Adobe Audition 3.0 (minor editing, speed/pitch correction) > cd wav (tracking) > dBpoweramp > flac
VG+

101 - Raving and Drooling [13:20]
102 - You've Gotta Be Crazy [14:02]
103 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond [I-V] [12:56]
104 - Have A Cigar [5:33]
105 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond [VI-IX] [12:26]

201 - Speak to Me [4:04]
202 - Breathe [2:45]
203 - On the Run [4:46]
204 - Time [5:18]
205 - Breathe [Reprise] [1:04]
206 - The Great Gig in the Sky [7:24]
207 - Money [9:22]
208 - Us and Them [7:16]
209 - Any Colour You Like [8:48]
210 - Brain Damage [3:46]
211 - Eclipse [cut] [1:13]
212 - Echoes [14:43]
-total time: 128:45

OU notes: First off a big thanks to Roughcut for giving us this 3rd recorder from his 1st gen tapes. I took the liberty after listening to this to fix it up for myself and figured I'd share my little bit of work. For those of you that don't know, this tape ran a little slow and had tape flips and a few other anomolies. All I did to this was a minor speed/pitch correction which I think turned out very good and I re-indexed it. There were also a couple of tape flips that I was able to repair in a way where the music is seemless even though the sound quality changes a little bit due to the flip.
Overall I am very happy with the outcome and it's much more fluent to listen to and hopefully you will think so as well. Absolutely no music is lost here. The fades between some tracks was a result of the taper doing this when he made Roughcut's 1st gens.
I did not want to get into a discussion about the validity of Echoes being from this date, the 12th, or from some completely other date. I will say that all of this recorder ran slow at the same amount but Echoes seemed to be perfect speed and pitch the way it was, I did nothing to it. Take that bit of info and do with it what you will.
-buffalofloyd

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-aab789
or
http://lix.in/-a623ba
http://lix.in/-a7aa5b
http://lix.in/-a930fc
http://lix.in/-aab79d
http://lix.in/-ac3e3e
http://lix.in/-adc4df
http://lix.in/-af4b80
http://lix.in/-a18fe1

or
http://zkkccm.link-protector.com
http://zkkccz.link-protector.com
http://zkkccn.link-protector.com
http://zkkccc.link-protector.com
http://zkkccr.link-protector.com
http://zkkccs.link-protector.com
http://zkkcrx.link-protector.com
http://zkkcrw.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-af4b4e
or
http://lix.in/-ac3e16
http://lix.in/-adc4b7
http://lix.in/-af4b58
http://lix.in/-a18fb9
http://lix.in/-a3165a
http://lix.in/-a49cfb
http://lix.in/-a6239c
http://lix.in/-a7aa3d

or
http://zkkcnn.link-protector.com
http://zkkcnc.link-protector.com
http://zkkcnr.link-protector.com
http://zkkcns.link-protector.com
http://zkkccx.link-protector.com
http://zkkccw.link-protector.com
http://zkkccv.link-protector.com
http://zkkcck.link-protector.com


Comments welcome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great band caricature illustration by Gerald Scarfe for the pic, Dave!

Gotta love Nick Mason as some kind of haggard evil crow on the drums!

Anonymous said...

Also forgot to mention that David Gilmour as Quasimodo is very cool too! ;)

Beth said...

Thanks, Dave! I have a boot from this show, but this sounds much better sound-wise than what I have, so I'm going to enjoy giving this a listen.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave- just ordered this on Dasyue/NHK label- supposed to be new source- assuming it is this upgrade. Peace and have A GREAT WEEKEND!! Barry

Anonymous said...

Beth - Does the version of 'Echoes' on your boot clock in at 14:43? Very strange.

Bill

Beth said...

Bill - the version of Echoes I have on the two boots I have from this show, not counting this one, clocks in at 24:12.

Anonymous said...

I didn't mention anything about the caricature of Roger Waters in this drawing because that's what he really looks like!