Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Beetles: Blackpool 1964 (Soundboard) FLAC

speed corrected version now available too by request
640723d
The Beatles performed on the television show "Blackpool Night Out" twice in their career. Four tracks from the second appearance, in 1965, were included on the "Anthology 2" cd's. This is the first appearance, which has never been officially released in any form.
The performance took place on July 19, 1964, at the ABC Theatre In Blackpool. The show was broadcast live by ITV. It marked the first performances of the songs "A Hard Day's Night" and "If I Fell", both of which were featured on the "A Hard Day's Night" LP, released in the UK nine days earlier.
"Can't Buy Me Love" had been in their setlist since April 1964 (the single was released in March), "You Can't Do That" had been added in June, and "Long Tall Sally" had been a long-time standard of the band.

Lineage: Reel-to-Reel (7.5 ips) >> CD-R >> FLAC
In addition to the songs, the Beatles also took part in some comedy bits, the audio of which is included here, from an inferior source than the songs, so the above lineage doesn't apply to the first track.

01 - Operating Table Sketch
02 - Intro
03 - A Hard Day's Night
04 - Things We Said Today
05 - You Can't Do That
06 - If I Fell
07 - Long Tall Sally

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-9f6668
or
http://zwrmsk.link-protector.com

megaupload:
http://lix.in/-a0ed09
or
http://zwrmsm.link-protector.com

speed corrected version: Converted to wav via TLH and then used Adobe Audition CS5.5 and sped up 0.5% (left as wav files for you)
fileserve.com
http://lix.in/-a100c3
or
http://zwrrnm.link-protector.com

Comments welcome.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou!!

Prefabfan said...

are these the band from Liverpool? Just kidding. Great post, never seen it, as you say!. Great work, Dave.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this historical fabbo rarity, Dave!
(I won't even mention that the pitch/speed on this one runs too slow... oops, scratch that!)

QualityBootZ said...

I will pitch correct soon

Anonymous said...

How soon Dave? I'd prefer to wait till then to check this out.

Thanks again for all this stuff you give us.

Prefabfan said...

Can I post a sample of my work? Remix of "Something? I do good work, swear to g.

Prefabfan said...

https://rapidshare.com/files/1249088883Something_long_version_speed_correctedRS850.mp3

Anonymous said...

Dave, could you pitch correct that '68 Doors show too? Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

And I could use a pitch correction on my voice as i've been singing flat for over 50 years. ZZZ

Anonymous said...

I'm the guy who originally mentioned the slow speed: i wouldn't not d/l this one just for that though, the slightly slow speed/pitch is pretty minor--shouldn't ruin your listening enjoyment: just slightly slow, not too bad! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, you're the coolest. I'm the guy who said he'd prefer to wait till you speed correct it. You are quick and dedicated to our happiness/enjoyment!

Thanks buddy.

Charles said...

Dave, Thank you very much! The speed corrected version is great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the correction!!

Anonymous said...

what more can I say here??? Many thanks, dear Dave!!!
Brainy1000

Prefabfan said...

can't wait to dl, dave! thanks

Greg Solo said...

Dave. How do you have time to continuously offer us these incredible gifts? Thank you so...so much. :-)

Anonymous said...

Many thanks David, always great to get some new Beatle stuff.
Michael in the UK.

La Piazza Gancio said...

I hope it says "detail-oriented" on your resume.

Prefabfan said...

You aced it big Dave. Good job speed correcting. WOW, a soundboard live Beatles with very little screaming. Unreal. Too good to be true. GOOD SOUND!!! No screams!! For all us Beatles fans, grab this and the Glynn Johns 2nd Mix, 2 winners!!!

I am removing the links to my Beatles remasters in order to not steal Dave's thunder.

BootlegCity said...

i got the complete version up on my blog: 1964 and 1965 http://thebootlegcity.blogspot.com/