Date: 2010-12-02 (Thursday)
Title: Everything We've Got
Venue: Rogers Arena (formerly GM Place) - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Venue concert seating capacity: 14000
Estimated crowd size: 9000 (upper section closed off)
Weather conditions: Indoor show - not applicable
Source: Open-Air Audience/Stealth
Lineage: Church Audio CA-11 cardioid mics > Church Audio ST-9100 v3.0 pre-amp with bass roll off turned off > Edirol R-09 (24/48)
Transfer: .WAV's > Audacity 1.2.6 (minor edits) > Sound Forge Pro 10.0a (normalize) > CDWav (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > .WAV > Cool Edit Pro 2.1 (dithered and downsampled to 16 bit/44.1 kHz) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC
Recording location: FOB - right of center - first row approx. 40 metres from stage - 1.5 metres high (on player's bench wall ledge - see photo of rig (under orange handkerchief) surrounded by security during intermission)
Sound Quality: SUP-, A+, 9.5/10 - I was originally quite disappointed that I didn't bring my omnis. During the show, I thought that the quiet well behaved crowd and the nice clean sound (which was all quite unexpected) would be best captured using my omnis. Boy was I wrong. Those cards did a fantastic job and got my first ever SUPerb rated recording. I could barely have asked for better.
Recordist: Seth Meister
Mastered by: Dennis Orr
Release date: 2011-05-11
OU: I was very, very concerned about going to this show and almost didn't buy the very expensive tickets as I couldn't see how the sound quality would possibly be any good in such a large venue with this type of a musician. A friend of mine had seen Cohen in this very venue a year previous and told me that it was one of the best shows he had ever seen. I respected his opinion highly as he's an avid live music fan with a lot of experiene. Well, little did I know that Mark Vreeken (the long time soundman for the iconic Canadian band The Tragically Hip) was doing sound for this show. I thought he had retired but apparently was coaxed out of retirement by Cohen to do one more tour...and how could he resist? If I had known I wouldn't have doubted for an instance. Cohen and Vreeken make for a perfect symbiotic relationship and it all culminates in my tape for your enjoyment.
I was joined at this show, once again, by a dear friend and collaborator who withholds all her clapping, singing and talking for the sake of my recordings. She not only truly understands my crazy taper quirks but probably enjoyed & appreciated this show more than anyone there. I couldn't think of a better person to have attended with.
No compression was used in the post-processing of this recording to preserve it's dynamic range, listenability and authenticity. This recording will naturally sound much better cranked up loud with quality headphones!
Peace & enjoy, Seth
- Set One -
01 Crowd - 00:28
02 Dance Me To The End Of Love - 05:35
03 The Future - 06:48
04 There Ain't No Cure For Love - 05:31
05 Bird On The Wire - 07:06
06 Everybody Knows - 05:33
07 In My Secret Life - 05:02
08 Guitar Intro > - 05:10
09 Who By Fire - 04:57
10 The Darkness - 06:21
11 First We Take Manhattan - 06:15
12 Chelsea Hotel - 04:36
13 Waiting For The Miracle - 08:06
14 Chat - 01:43
15 Anthem (with Band Intros) - 13:22
- Set Two -
01 Crowd & Chat - 00:45
02 Tower Of Song - 05:36
03 Suzanne - 04:32
04 Avalanche - 03:50
05 A Singer Must Die - 03:37
06 Sisters Of Mercy - 05:00
07 The Gypsy's Wife - 06:29
08 The Partisan - 05:29
09 Boogie Street (1) - 06:33
10 Hallelujah - 07:28
11 I'm Your Man - 06:03
12 One Thousand Kisses Deep - 03:38
13 Take This Waltz (with Band & Crew Intros) - 07:53
14 Encore Break - 01:02
- Encore -
15 So Long Marianne - 05:02
16 If It Be Your Will - 05:11
17 Closing Time - 07:26
18 Crowd - 01:00
Band Members:
Leonard Cohen - Vocals, guitar, keyboard
Roscoe Beck - Musical Director, stand up bass, electric bass, background vocals
Neil Larsen - Keyboards, Hammond B3, accordion, brass instruments
Bob Metzger - Guitar, pedal steel guitar & vocals
Javier Mas - Bandurria, laud, archilaud and 12 string guitar
Rafael Gayol - Drums & percussion
Dino Soldo - Keyboard, saxophone, wind instruments, mouth harp & background vocals
Sharon Robinson - Lead vocals, background vocals; (1) Sharon Robinson - lead vocals
Charley & Hattie Webb - background vocals, harp (Hattie), guitar (Charley) & gymnastics
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-a2babc
or
http://lix.in/-a2bac6
http://lix.in/-a44167
http://lix.in/-a5c808
http://lix.in/-980c69
http://lix.in/-99930a
http://lix.in/-9b19ab
http://lix.in/-9ca04c
http://lix.in/-9e26ed
http://lix.in/-9fad8e
http://lix.in/-a1342f
or
http://msvrzk.link-protector.com
http://msvrzm.link-protector.com
http://msvrzz.link-protector.com
http://msvrzn.link-protector.com
http://msvrzc.link-protector.com
http://msvrzr.link-protector.com
http://msvrzs.link-protector.com
http://msvrnx.link-protector.com
http://msvrnw.link-protector.com
http://msvrnv.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-9b1983
or
http://lix.in/-9b198d
http://lix.in/-9ca02e
http://lix.in/-9e26cf
http://lix.in/-9fad70
http://lix.in/-a13411
http://lix.in/-a2bab2
http://lix.in/-a44153
http://lix.in/-a5c7f4
http://lix.in/-980c55
http://lix.in/-9992f6
or
http://msvrmk.link-protector.com
http://msvrmm.link-protector.com
http://msvrmz.link-protector.com
http://msvrmn.link-protector.com
http://msvrmc.link-protector.com
http://msvrmr.link-protector.com
http://msvrms.link-protector.com
http://msvrzx.link-protector.com
http://msvrzw.link-protector.com
http://msvrzv.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
1 comment:
I share the original tapers views about inappropriate venues in general and for certain artists in particular. However it seems Mr Cohen's voice can still fill any space. In the UK he played the O2 Arena otherwise known as the Millenium Dome or alternatively as Blair's folly. Can't really imagine going to a place like that to see anybody, but really looking forward to hearing this, looks like another good one
Big thanks as always
Post a Comment