Gotta Get It Right
Cassette Tape > Soundforge > CD-R
Recorded in Manchester England, September 1977 during the rehearsals for the "Marc" TV show.
01. Sitting Next To You
02. Sitting Next To You
03. Intro Hehearsal
04. Intro Hehearsal
05. Intro Hehearsal
06. Sitting Next To You
07. Intro Hehearsal
08. Madman
09. Madman
10. Madman
11. Unknown Title
12. Unknown Title
13. Unknown Title
14. Walking Through That Door (Rumoured to be Bolan,Bowie and Gloria Jones from 1975)
A Very clear copy of this unique rehearsal session.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BDYP480
or
http://hotfile.com/dl/119486142/324ad12/DaviMar.rar.html
or
http://www.filesonic.com/file/1097667954/DaviMar.rar
Getting a Premium Account? Please use this referral link:
http://hotfile.com/register.html?reff=4121240
or
http://www.filesonic.com/referral/958289
13 comments:
Thanks very much for all the Bowie stuff Dave. Much appreciated.
Joe Maloneys Boston Music Hall 16 July 74 is a really excellent Diamond Dogs show should you ever stumble upon it.(hint, hint).
Cheers... and thanks again.
I am greatly appreciative of everything Dave does for us, & the following comment is not intended to be disrespectful to Dave.
I am a HUGE Bowie fan, especially his 70's period (other than Young Americans), & I can definitely state this is the worst Bowie music I have ever heard. For 100% completeists only.
I take no disrespect here. I saw Bowie and I saw Bolan but it had no notes so I didn't know anything about it at all.
Yep, of course fully expecting this will be a musically 'challenging' listening experience..
But the 'historic documentary value' of this rehearsal session is irrisistable to anyone who watched the hilarious shambolic TV show finale when first broadcast
during Children's TV hour in 1977;
and heard whispered rumours about the drunken chaos surrounding it...
..and this is the end result performance of these rehearsals,
and the magic moment we have cherished for over 30 years..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MehW8XEsd6I
"Mark Bolan falls off stage on 'Marc' Show 6, 1977"
... and more historic info to put this
rehearsal session in poignant context..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_(TV_series)
suggest any Bowie/Bolan fans unaware of the circumstances of this recording check out these links
before risking downloading...
Thanks so much for posting this treasure Dave..
I saw the final 'Marc Show' live on TV in ‘77 as it was broadcast. Marc falling off stage almost in slow motion, sort of sliding down the mike dissapearing off the bottom of the TV screen (Bowing out) soon came to be seen a metaphor for his untimely death shortly afterwards, leaving his long time friend/rival standing on the stage. I think after the initial madness of early seventies ‘Trextacy’ Marc was frequently trying to play catch-up with David. Some of the Bolan performances around ‘76 were not that good, whilst Bowie on the other hand was going from strengh to strengh.
I have always liked the song Madman. I have a poor quality version which is very loud and over modulated, so this must be extremely loud!
Thanks Dave
Thanks Dave. Had only the first 11 tracks on prvious downloads!
..and an amusing detailed 'fly on the wall' account of the chaotic events unfolding during day of recording of this final episode of the "Marc" TV show...
http://www.bowiegoldenyears.com/articles/7709-melodymaker.html
Dave,
As a long time Bowie fan and having only just woken up to the genius of Marc Bolan I can say that this is fun (and part of history). Anybody who is a fan of either (or both) should download this and enjoy. Thanks for this download & your kind generosity over the last few years...All the best.
I don't understand why anyone would complain about the musical quality of a rehearsal. this was not intended to be a dress rehearsal run thru of known material. rather a jam of ideas for what they might try to do on tv. I think it sounds about as good as can be expected and performance wise its what anyone who ever jammed with someone else informally would sound like when your trying out stuff for probably the 1st time. its historic for both Bowie + Bolan fans both of whome I have followed for 40 years. many thanks!!
Thanks for the upgrade.
Post a Comment