Thursday, April 7, 2011

Van Morrriss' son: Studio Outtakes Vols 1 and 2 (FLAC)

Fr
Outtakes --Part One (covers)

1. Misty (with George Benson)
2. Stormy Monday (with The Band)
3. Who Do You love (with the Band)
4. Goodnight Irene
5. Honky Tonk Angels
6. Spare Me A Little
7. I'm Ready
8. Grits Ain't Groceries
9. John Brown's Body
10. Caledonia
11. What's Up
12. Dead Girls of London (with Frank Zappa)

+++
Outtakes --Part Two (originals)

1. Ain't Working For You (aka Diabolic Pressure)
2. When I Deliver
3. You Move Me
4. Don't Change On Me
5. Down To Earth
6. Feedback on Highway 101
7. I Shall Sing
8. It Hurts To Want It So Bad
9. Naked in the Jungle, version 2
10. Tell me About Your Love
11. There There Child (live)
12. You Got the Power
13. The Street Only Knew Your Name, version 2
14. Wonderful Remark (alternate vocal)
15. Cleaning Windows (alternate R rated vocal)
16. Street Theory, version 2

rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-93731b
or
http://lix.in/-968053
http://lix.in/-9806f4
http://lix.in/-998d95
http://lix.in/-9b1436
http://lix.in/-9c9ad7
http://lix.in/-9e2178
http://lix.in/-9fa819
http://lix.in/-a12eba

or
http://mnscrk.link-protector.com
http://mnscrm.link-protector.com
http://mnscrz.link-protector.com
http://mnscrn.link-protector.com
http://mnscrc.link-protector.com
http://mnscrr.link-protector.com
http://mnscrs.link-protector.com
http://mnscsx.link-protector.com


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-998d81
or
http://lix.in/-968049
http://lix.in/-9806ea
http://lix.in/-998d8b
http://lix.in/-9b142c
http://lix.in/-9c9acd
http://lix.in/-9e216e
http://lix.in/-9fa80f
http://lix.in/-a12eb0

or
http://mnsccz.link-protector.com
http://mnsccn.link-protector.com
http://mnsccc.link-protector.com
http://mnsccr.link-protector.com
http://mnsccs.link-protector.com
http://mnscrx.link-protector.com
http://mnscrw.link-protector.com
http://mnscrv.link-protector.com


I will leave it to those smarter than I to share if there is overlap between these and The Genuine Philosopher's Stone or not.

24 comments:

Grant said...

Such a blessing... thanks so much Dave. There appears to be some overlap between Genuine Philosopher's Stone but plenty of new stones are unturned here too.

I'm sure I speak for so many of us in hoping we're leaving that whole controversy behind us in the week ahead and moving back to the fun and beauty of the music you so generously share. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

If I was smarter than you i'd have tracked this one down a long time ago!! However i've had the Gen Phil Stone for years and I'm pretty sure the only overlap here is a couple of tracks from the later sessions of disc 3 - 'spare me a little' and 'when i deliver'
I used to listen to this stuff on tape copies of nth generation which had more hiss than music, so this is a real find for me.
Lovely stuff, big thanks as always

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Thanks so much for your long-suffering in spite of all that's erupted! This post is terrific beyond words, what I've always wished for. Thanks for the hard work and soldier on.
Blessings from MI

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful music - thanks so much for what you do Dave!

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, it makes NO difference as you can never have too much of The Man.

Anonymous said...

Once again Dave your contibutions always make the rest of us just SMILE as you never cease to keep us coming back with this wonderful Music.
Cheers Mate

Anonymous said...

Could not convert Disc 2, tracks 6&7 to .wav
Any help?

Porrohman said...

There's a Van boot out there, that was recorded in a small church. I was there collecting the tickets on the door! The church was in the small country village of Stogumber in the county of Somerset, England.
Long story short... a few years before the gig my friend was getting married, and wanted to use some of Vans music during the service. Instead of just doing it, he contacted Vans management who gave permission. On the day of the wedding his phone rings, 'Hi it's Van here I'm in Bristol and would like to come to your wedding,can you give me directions"!!
They stayed in touch and when some restoration work was needed on the church my friend asked Van to do a charity gig... He agreed and brought his band including Georgie Fame on keys and bvs.
I was asked to be doorman, so got a free gig...
I don't think it was incense I could smell burning in the church that night......

Anonymous said...

Great story Porrohman! I'd love to hear that.

Anonymous said...

If you don't stop posting Van M boots I'll report you to Britney Spears' management. Goddamnit, I'll report you to Jesus' management!

How dare you expend lots of your own time and effort to bring happiness to people!

;)

Anonymous said...

I really like a lot of these tracks - and they're just outtakes! Those original songs on volume 2 would have made a great album. Bootlegs like this only enhance Van's reputation IMHO.

Anonymous said...

BTW - the boot mentioned by Porrohman is called The Church of Our Lady St Mary (I think). I used to have a tape of it. He played mostly his more spiritual numbers appropriate for the setting and it makes for a nice setlist.

Anonymous said...

thanks for all the ivan morris postings, all exellent quality, suberb music, mz

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic record - thanks for all the van records, you gave us!

Anonymous said...

Just converted disc completely into wav.
programm to use:
free audio converter.
I hope that solves your problem

Anonymous said...

Anon 2 - I have the Church of St Mary boot as original silver, to be honest the sound qual isn't great and i could fill this page with a list of truly ex Van boots you should investigate first.

All these wonderful posts have made me revisit my own WAV from FM cassette masters. Found a few of interest, anybody else heard/got
Hammersmith 7-7-87 - 30 mins TRUE highlights (fab trax selection)
Danish Radio Band feb 90 - quite rare i think, broadcast on BBC Radio 3 (mainly classical station) on a saturday afternoon!
Belfast 97 - this has been posted elsewhere from commercial boot (presumably SBD)- THE bbc fm is not complete (1 hour)
Great Malvern Nov 2003 (1 hour)

The one I'm really after in lossless is Berkeley '86, can't get enoough of the No Guru/Poetic Champions era, although the recent 80/81 posts have blown me away!

Anonymous said...

Quality Bootz last offering? Say it aint't so!!

Anonymous said...

I also have corrupt tracks 6 & 7 on disc 2.

Anonymous said...

I'm clearly addicted to QB - I know it's nothing but Van (I'm not a Van man) this week and *still* I stop in daily to touch base. Coming to this site is like hitting home plate w the bat between pitches - I know it's not "necessary" but you just feel wrong if you don't. It's a comfort. Thank you!

chris said...

Dave, please more, take a break w Vanmorrison though, lol

can you put up your other Garth Brooks, been looking for the Uncut
central park show,
as always thanks,

more floyd.zeppelin

Martin Ursin said...

Agree with all the nice remarks made by others on this page. And with the ones having problems with track 6 & 7!!!!

Anonymous said...

Both RS & MU have corrupt tracks 6 & 7 on disc 2.

Would you be so kind as to post corrected tracks?

Thank you, again.

Anonymous said...

Can we get a new #6 and 7 on disc 2? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Could you please re-upload?
Thanks in advance.