Stevie Ray Vaughan 12-07-85
The Oriental Theater
Milwaukee, Wi
sbd > ? > cdr(x) > eac > wav > flac
Disc 1
01. Scuttle Buttin' > Say What
02. Ain't Gone N Give Up On Love
03. Change It
04. Voodoo Chile
05. Mary Had A Little Lamb
06. The Things I Used To Do
07. Cold Shot
08. Couldn't Stand The Weather
09. Pride And Joy
Disc 2
01. May I Have A Talk With You
02. Love Struck Baby
03. Life Without You
04. Look At Little Sister
05. Come On
06. Mary Had A Little Lamb
07. Superstition
08. Willie The Wimp
09. Voodoo Chile
10. Change It
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/76bca5bf
http://lix.in/2e2e6d3c
http://lix.in/0b45e4bc
http://lix.in/8d398c0e
http://lix.in/90a04ea9
http://lix.in/ffdea0c2
http://lix.in/21d57b66
http://lix.in/456f8fab
http://lix.in/1b1ac414
http://lix.in/8155e613
http://lix.in/2e760a75
Comments welcome.
9 comments:
Wow! Much love for this one.
I've waiting decades for a better recording of this outstanding show to replace my crusty copy of a audience tape.
Note that the photo appears to be post "renovation" into a multiplex.
The Oriental was a tattered but still magnificent old "atmosperic" theater that only on rare occasions would host musical events,like a disasterous Dylan 65or a much more successful Legion Of Mary(aka Jerry Garcia Band) 74.would host musical events. This SRV show may be the best rock show they ever hosted.
Thanks for the SRV-found a reference to his show as being called "Texas Lightning"
http://www.willmot.com/SRV/CD/texas_lightning.html
Covers for this (a zip file)are here:
http://www.texas-flood.com/cdcover_texaslightning.zip
Excellent!!!! Thank U!!!!!!!!!!
Growing up in Milwaukee I visted the Oriental MANY times - usually for the Friday/Saturday "art" films that they offered. I remember the huge Buddha. The neighborhood too was a wonderful ecclectic offering of sites and sounds and people.
Yep, what you said.........
Judges used to be on the backside(around the block)of the Oriental.... The Psalms was down Farwell Ave...I lived on Prospect Ave just across from the Conservatory of music, eclectic indeed. The late 70's and early 80's was certainly a GREAT time to be around there........For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the old pizza place that used to be on the corner of North Ave on the little angular street(what's that name)which is now occupied by Rocky Rococco.......that was a great pizza.
This is really Hot show! Thanks a lot.
Ilya.
Once again, Thanks for this.
The last 5 tracks on disc two are not from this show, from Mary Had A Little Lamb thru the end of the disc. Tasty stuff as filler, if I can sort out where it's from, I'll re-commenCome on Pt. 1 was the end of the show. This souirce is the same as the tape I've been stretching for years, I have it down as an audience recording, any opinions?
SRV sounds weird on this show, there are lot of mistakes in his playing. He was obviously not clean this evening. The last 5 tracks on this boot come from "Live Alive", although I don't know which performance they were exactly taken from.
Post a Comment