Monday, March 24, 2008

Aerosmith: Early On In Boston 1973 (Soundboard) FLAC

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com
Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com
Date: April 23, 1973
Venue: Pall's Mall, Boston, MA, USA
Label: Hard Road
Number: HR-R03009
Source: Original CDR > EAC > WAV > FLAC Frontend > FLAC

01 Make It
02 One Way Street
03 Somebody
04 Write Me
05 I Ain't Got You
06 Mother Popcorn
07 Movin' Out
08 Walkin' The Dog
09 Train Kept A Rollin'
10 Mama Kin

rapidshare.com:
http://link-protector.com/450418/
http://link-protector.com/450419/
http://link-protector.com/450420/
http://link-protector.com/450421/


comments appreciated!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone know the history of this show? I have an A+++ quality copy of this show, but it's missing track #1 which is featured here. Strangely enough, it's got the same woman introducing the band. It even sounds like the exact same intro, it's just missing the one song.

Anonymous said...

Here are the notes from my mp3 copy, hope it helps, but no info on the inclusion of "Make It".
And thanks 2.0 - Monday was a killer.

Aerosmith
3-20-73*
Pall's Mall - Boston,MA

1. One Way Street> (7:08)
2. Somebody (3:43)
3. Write Me (4:13)
4. I Aint Got You> (3:56)
5. Mother Popcorn (8:16)
6. Movin' Out> (5:11)
7. Walking the Dog (3:16)
8. Train Kept A Rollin> (5:41)
9. Mama Kin (4:24)

Total Time (45:51)


(Notes From Candleman97220@comcast.net)
*The Actual Date Of This Show Is Uncertain.I Have Traded For This Show 3 Times.
The Dates I Traded For Were : 3-20-73 - 4-23-73 - 4-24-73. The Copies I Received Under The Two April Dates Were The Exact Same Show,BUT The Quality Was Nowhere Near As Good As My Original Trade For The 3-20-73 copy.
From What I Can Tell This Is The Best Copy Of This Show Available.



>>>>>Here Are Some Notes Igot From ETREE Regarding The 4-23-73 Date. I Believe These Notes Are From The Copy I Traded For With That Date.
If So This One Is Much Better,I Recommend The Upgrade <<<<


The following is presumably the original source information of this disc, as taken from http://wings.dartmouth.edu/~aero/clives-bootlegs.html:

HOT POPCORN

Format: CD, tracks, ~45 min

Label: MONGOOSE RECORDS MONG CD015, 1991
and Great Dane Records GDR CD 9025

Disc: One Way Street/Somebody/Write Me/I Ain't Got You/Mother Popcorn/
Movin' Out/Walkin' The Dog/Train Kept A Rollin'/Mama Kin

Recorded: Details as being Boston, March 23, 1973 but source is Pall's Mall,
Boston, April 23, 1973

Comments: Excellent rough sound from original WBCN-FM broadcast. One of the
earliest known concert recordings of the band playing all but one of the tracks
(Make It) from their debut LP which was released at the start of 1973. The
influences of the band are plain to see from the various covers played with
an early rendition of Train which would appear on their next album a year
later. I Ain't Got You and Mother Popcorn taken from this concert were later
to appear on their official Live! Bootleg release.

Anonymous said...

I heard years ago that a colleague and former WBCN employee had a DAT copy of the original source. Not saying mine is from his copy, but obviously it's been duped numerous times. Mine is as clear as day. I have to compare the tapes just to be sure because it didn't sound like anything was edited after the intro, but this must be the exact same recording. Tracks from this were used on the Live Bootleg album, so that might be a source of info on the date.

Anonymous said...

Just listening to this first track and comparing them to the rest of the recording...the first track definitely sounds generated, where as the rest sounds like a low generation. Not sure how it compares exactly to my recording. I am thinking that maybe someone updated this to reflect the original broadcast and only had 9 of the 10 songs in mint quality. The intro doesn't sound particularly generated either, but may have been edited onto the beginning.

Anonymous said...

mp3 source