New York, NY
Central Park's Wollman Rink
Schaefer Music Festival
June 18, 1976
Derek Shulman - Vocals
Ray Shulman - Bass
Kerry Minnear - Keyboards
Gary Green - Guitar
John Weathers - Drums
01 Just the Same
02 Proclamation
03 On Reflection
04 Interview
05 The Runaway
06 Experience
07 So Sincere
08 Excerpts From Octopus
09 Band Introductions
10 Give It Back
11 Timing
12 Free Hand
13 Peel the Paint
14 I Lost My Head, Pt. II
Total Length - 100 minutes 25 seconds
OU: This is a complete show I got from a an old time NYC taper. He recorded it himself and may have spread it around a bit back in the day, but I've not really come across it elsewhere in my travels. He has since dropped off the radar and I've not been able to raise him for years. You out there, Vinny?
I had an incomplete version of this same show taped by a guy in New Jersey once but, like I said, this source is complete. The sound quality is average - somewhat distorted at the loud parts. Also, one channel's a bit louder than the other and there's a couple cuts here and there but nothing significant.
But the playing is hot and in your face. The band was ON this particular night! The audience? Well, it's a New York crowd, if you now what I mean. They're VERY enthusiastic, though their histrionics are mostly confined to the spaces between songs, so it's all good.
Adds to the overall excitement of the gig. What I'm trying to say is that this is one sweaty night in New York City and I love it!
But that's just me. If you're looking for top notch sound quality, maybe this isn't for you- you can decided for yourself.
LINEAGE - master tape digitized by Vinny and sent to me --> messed up track markers fixed by me with Audacity --> ripped to my hard drive with Exact Audio Copy -->
converted to flac 8 with Trader's Little Helper
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-933856
or
http://lix.in/-8ea47d
http://lix.in/-902b1e
http://lix.in/-91b1bf
http://lix.in/-933860
http://lix.in/-94bf01
http://lix.in/-9645a2
http://lix.in/-97cc43
or
http://mxzznx.link-protector.com
http://mxzznw.link-protector.com
http://mxzznv.link-protector.com
http://mxzznk.link-protector.com
http://mxzznm.link-protector.com
http://mxzznz.link-protector.com
http://mxzznn.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-9952c6
or
http://lix.in/-94beed
http://lix.in/-96458e
http://lix.in/-97cc2f
http://lix.in/-9952d0
http://lix.in/-8b9731
http://lix.in/-8d1dd2
http://lix.in/-8ea473
or
http://mxzzzv.link-protector.com
http://mxzzzk.link-protector.com
http://mxzzzm.link-protector.com
http://mxzzzz.link-protector.com
http://mxzzzn.link-protector.com
http://mxzzzc.link-protector.com
http://mxzzzr.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
5 comments:
Awright...here we go...some GENTLE GIANT for the kids!!! Thanks Dave! Right up my alley!!!!
Gotta love it. Thank you you for this sweet GG show!
Thanks for this - gonna grab it. Only had a chance to see GG once, right after the "Missing Piece" album came out. This was in Buffalo, NY. The GG fans were out of their minds that night, and the opening band was literally booed off the stage. I came in while this was happening, and didn't get a chance to hear them - they may have sucked, I don't know - but I definitely felt bad for 'em. In any case, folks were there to see Gentle Giant, and weren't in the mood for anyone else that night.
dl'd the GG mega, and file 1 is Emerson,Lake, and. WTF? I unRAR'd with a corrupted, but amazingly have a new file with everything (1-14). Going to convert to WAV and see what happens. But... umm... w'happen?
Tony
Was hoping someone would let Dave know if he doesn't see this: on all the Megaupload links, Part 1 is not posted! What is posted in place of it is Part 5 of an Emerson, Lake, and Palmer concert!
I haven't checked the RS, and hate to re-dl the whole thing using them... any help?
Tony
Post a Comment