The Coliseum
Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
August 2, 1974
CD-R2 - SB 5
Disc 1:
1) Legs Larry Smith Introduction
2) Smile
3) Easy Now
4) I Can't Hold Out
5) Tell the Truth
6) Blues Power (incomplete)
7) Have You Ever Loved a Woman (incomplete)
8) Keith Moon and the Meat Guitar
9) Willie and the Hand Jive - Get Ready
Disc 2:
1) I Shot the Sheriff
2) Let it Rain (incomplete)
3) Introduction of Band and "gate crashers"
4) Layla
5) Badge
6) Little Queenie
7) Blues Power
8) Have You Ever Loved a Woman
9) Let it Rain
Band Lineup:
Eric Clapton Guitar, Vocals
Jamie Oldaker Drums
Dick Sims Keyboards
Carl Radle Bass
George Terry Guitar
Yvonne Elliman Backing Vocals
Marcy Levy Backing Vocals
Lineage (*): Master Reel > DAT > CD-R
Geetarz Comments: This recording is taken from a collector's DAT supposedly recorded straight off the master reel. The lineage is somewhat uncertain; however it is drastically better in sound quality to the source used for the "Join Together" Tarantura release of the same date, and is recommended. Even if there is an extra analog generation in there somewhere, it's still a vast improvement over what most people have.
Remember, play it loud!
rar files packed with a (winrar) recovery record -
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-9e535c
or
http://lix.in/-9cccc5
http://lix.in/-9e5366
http://lix.in/-9097c7
http://lix.in/-921e68
http://lix.in/-93a509
http://lix.in/-952baa
http://lix.in/-96b24b
http://lix.in/-9838ec
http://lix.in/-99bf8d
or
http://mkrznx.link-protector.com
http://mkrznw.link-protector.com
http://mkrznv.link-protector.com
http://mkrznk.link-protector.com
http://mkrznm.link-protector.com
http://mkrznz.link-protector.com
http://mkrznn.link-protector.com
http://mkrznc.link-protector.com
http://mkrznr.link-protector.com
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-9097a9
or
http://lix.in/-9e5352
http://lix.in/-9097b3
http://lix.in/-921e54
http://lix.in/-93a4f5
http://lix.in/-952b96
http://lix.in/-96b237
http://lix.in/-9838d8
http://lix.in/-99bf79
http://lix.in/-9b461a
or
http://mkrzzw.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzv.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzk.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzm.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzz.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzn.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzc.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzr.link-protector.com
http://mkrzzs.link-protector.com
Comments welcome.
7 comments:
Awesome, does Keith do any playing on this or does he just hang about on stage being tragic and amusing?
??
Thanks,hes talking bout keith moon,and what tracks he plays on.if any
what can i say ,i know what a pain i"ve been trying to get the damn thing but it was worth it...was"nt it?...thanks a million dave...
I understood the question- that was simple enough even for me.
I just didn't have an answer.
Does anybody know.
Ah, I asked the original question... I guess I will take a miss then as I am more interested in Mr Moon than Eric Crapton and this was at a time in Keith's life where he could hardly play at all and was well into his downward spiral towards doom. This was also the start of Eric Clapton's amazing cocaine fuelled self-worshipping bland guitar work that lasted well into the 80's (and that middle aged white men seem to really relate to somehow!).
OK a few of the albums are a bit uninspired but this is far too simplistic an analysis of Eric's work during this period. neither is the man's playing 'self-worshipping' as his bands have allways contained amazing players on '2nd guitar' and continue to do so to this day. As a musician the man never hides and appears to actually thrive on the challenge this scenario creates
Post a Comment