March 1, 1993, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles, California
Concert For The Children's Health Fund
SBE fixed with TLH.
Many thanks to the original uploader.
13 years ago I received a DAT from KEN DIXON (Ohio) with this nice show (don't remember if he was the taper or if he have made a DAT clone for me). I transfered in 1995 the DAT on CD-AUDIO with my standalone PIONEER PDR-05 (connected with an optical cable), so This transfer was just maded (this time a rip from CD-AUDIO in secure speedy with EAC).
Talking with ROEL, he have suggested to upload it as in the past this show (only partial, so not complete) was treeded (..or seeded ??) in low quality sound.
As this show contain some gems as "Stringman" and a rare duets with Simon & Garfunkel (on Helpless and Only love can Break your Heart) and a really emotional "Sound of Silence" with Neil on solo electric guitar, I'm happy to share this really particular show, specially in this quality.
Neil Young set:
From Hank To Hendrix
Mr. Soul
World On A String
Pocahontas
Harvest Moon
One Of These Days
Sugar Mountain
Stringman
After The Gold Rush
Helpless* (w/Simon & Garfunkel)
Only Love Can Break Your Heart* (w/Simon & Garfunkel)
Simon & Garfunkel set:
The boxer
America
Homeward bound
Scarborough fair
Cecilia
American Tune
El Condor pasa
So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
Bridge over troubled water
The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
Mr. Robinson
The Sound of silence (With Neil solo at the electric guitar)
Old friends
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-3cab0c
http://lix.in/-2eef6d
http://lix.in/-30760e
http://lix.in/-31fcaf
http://lix.in/-338350
http://lix.in/-3509f1
http://lix.in/-369092
http://lix.in/-381733
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-3cab16
http://lix.in/-2eef77
http://lix.in/-307618
http://lix.in/-31fcb9
http://lix.in/-33835a
http://lix.in/-3509fb
http://lix.in/-36909c
http://lix.in/-38173d
Comments welcome.
10 comments:
Good gracious! This is like Thanksgiving early. I never knew they played together. THANKS!!
(We would miss so much good stuff if not for the efforts of sites like this!)
Is this a soundboard or audie? Does "SBE" mean sound board?
It's gotta be an audience recording
Stanley
This is a real gem - thank you. It's a very good quality audience recording, some comments from people near to the taper but nothing to detract from the songs.
SBE = sector boundaries errors
SBD = Soundboard
Thanks for this one, a timely post. Just saw Paul Simon on the Colbert Report and he played American Tune solo acoustic. Some interesting phrasing/rhythms on the other Simon and Garfunkel classics. Any Neil is always appreciated! Nice sound also.
Wow... Shakey and some midgets?!
Gotta get this one.
Cheers!
Thanks for sharing!
I was at this show and have been DYING to get a copy ever since. I hope I can figure out how to downlaod it.
THANK YOU!!!
Thanks.
Post a Comment