February 8, 1975
St Bernard Cultural Center
(previously St Bernard Civic Auditorium)
Chalmette, Louisiana, USA
WNOE - 101 LIVE BROADCAST
From master tape recorded from the broadcast
bonus!
t01, t11, t13 Barq's Radio Ads April 1981
t12 Interview 1973
Lineage: Broadcast > Sony STR 7035 FM receiver > recorder ??? > Sony CRO2 90 (master) cassette > playback on JVC TD-W209 cassette deck > JVC XL-R5010 stand alone burner > Fuji audio CDr > Maxell Audio CDR > EAC (secure test and copy, offsets correct) > Adobe Audition 1.0 (minor repair t05-06, see notes) > FLAC (level 8, verified)
Taper: Freezer
EAC: Five
01. Barq's Radio Ad 1
02. Right Place Wrong Time
03. Such A Night
04. Desatively Bonaroo
05. Quitters Never Win
06. Iko Iko
07. Everybody Wanna Get Rich
08. Big Chief
09. Huey Smith Medley: High Blood Pressure / Don't You Just Know It / Well I'll Be John Brown
10. I Been Hoodooed
11. Barq's Radio Ad 2
12. Interview 1973
13. Barq's Radio Ad 3
Notes: This is the entire broadcast of Dr John's set, plus three musical radio ads and a 1973 interview.
There was a minor problem with the extraction no matter how many times I tried, turns out it was just some strange null samples at the end of t05 requiring deletion and a minor crackle fix on the seam of t05-t06.
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-35653f
http://lix.in/-36ebe0
http://lix.in/-293041
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-36ebea
http://lix.in/-2c408f
http://lix.in/-3572b9
Comments welcome.
4 comments:
This is a good one. Thank you.
This blog just makes my day on a regular basis: Immaculate musical taste and top audio quality!
What can I say?
Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all the great posts!
In keeping with the N.O. spirit, any show by the likes of The Nevilles, Allen Toussaint, The Meters, Jon Cleary, etc. would be highly appreciated!
And by the way: I make sure I click those google ads several times each time I visit.
Thanks again!
Incomplere show.
Just check this setlist from db.etree:
Dr. John
Feb. 08, 1975
St. Bernard Civic Center
Chalmette, LA
Right Place Wrong Time
Such A Night
Desatively Bonaroo
Quitters Never Win
Iko Iko
Everybody Wanna Get Rich
Big Chief
Huey Smith Medley:
a) High Blood Pressure
b) Don't You Just Know It
c) Well I'll Be John Brown
I Been Hoodooed
Gris Gris Gumbo YaYa
Walk On Gilded Splinters
Junko Partner
Let The Good Times Roll
Wang Dang Doodle
Sing Sing Sing
Moscosious
Stack-A-Lee
Mama Roux
All On A Mardi Gras Day
encore - Qualified
encore - Mama Don't 'Low
this was an amazing show - there was a Professor Longhair set with all The Meters in the backing band, a full Meters set and finally a long Dr John set with The Meters as the band, I think Gary Brown was there on sax too but I will have to listen again to be sure - Zig, George and Leo were on stage for 4+ hours and Art was there for at least 3. I've had copies of these shows forever but this one was always the worst one on the audio level - I'm hoping you have my Holy Grail sound-wise
Post a Comment