16 November 1976
Jaap Eden Hal
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Source: AVRO, Cable FM Radio>CDR>EAC>COOL EDIT>CD WAV>FLAC
265 mb flac
47 mins.
Setlist:
1. There's A Kind Of Hush
2. Jambalaya (on The Bayou)
3. I Need to Be in Love
4. (They Long to Be) Close to You ( a parody as it might have been done by Spike Jones and his City Slickers - Richard on vocals)
5. Yesterday Once More
6. Two Man Band (Richard on piano/vocals, Karen on drums)
7. Warsaw Concerto (Richard on Piano)
8. From This Moment On
9. Greatest Hits Medley: (They Long to Be) Close to You>For All We Know>Top of the World>Ticket To Ride>Only Yesterday>I Won't Last a Day Without You>Hurting Each Other>Please Mr. Postman>Superstar
10. Rainy Days & Mondays>Goodbye To Love //cut
Lou's Notes: Their latest album at the time, A Kind Of A Hush, had been released in June 1976. Karen had started her battle with anorexia nervosa in 1975, having to partially cancel their European/Japanese tour. She would sadly die in 1983 from the disease, when it seemed she was doing well and posied for a comeback. She was only 32 - I was 29 at the time.
A few glitches were fixed and the show was re-tracked. Volume levels were raised slightly.
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-26adcc
http://lix.in/-28346d
http://lix.in/-29bb0e
megaupload (fixed):
http://lix.in/-285583
http://lix.in/-2cc850
http://lix.in/-26ae12
Comments welcome.
14 comments:
Hey Dave...
Where do you come up with this stuff. The Carpenters have always been one of my favorites though bootleg material is pretty hard to come by. I have another one that you may or may not have called "The Carpenters Live" on The Entertainers label that is seemingly from around the same time due to the 17 minute oldies medley that is included. If you would like a copy I can up it to rapidshare and send you the links somehow.
Thanks,
Bob
I'd recommend posting the links right here so that others will enjoy. code them at lix.in first though!
Hey thanks! I love to see stuff like this. Quality Boots is the best thing on the net friends!!!
Seems like link one gets part two, and then links two and three get part three on megaupload
can we get link to part one please?
fixed. thx for the 'heads-up"!
Dave
The Carpenters live in Japan 1974:
http://rapidshare.com/files/61865756/DB1103-RC_KC-Japan.rar
Allready had the Amsterdam show, you can get it here with a load of other stuff as well.
Greetings from Holland !
my wife is a beautiful, full-blooded Dutch. We'll be in Holland next year to celebrate our 25th anniversary.
Thanks for sharing this. I've been away for awhile, but I figured you'd still be sharing great music at equally great quality.
And congratulations on the upcoming 25th.
Chris
Forgot something:
http://legendarischlive.kro.nl/
All these concert are streams but you can record them with winamp i believe.
Happy 25 anniversary and "de groeten aan je vrouw".
Greetings from Holland !
thanks for the amazing Carpenters. this was some of the music of my life as I was 26 when she died.
Sad part; she thinks Richard is really the reson the people came to see the show. She has no clue he was the luckiest sperm ever. Half of this show is Richard and he has no musical talent, at all. And why do a 431 song medly, who came for that? Terrific talent on her part, a wasted opportunity for greatness. Anyone know the difference between the 2 posts? mp3?
"Poised" for a comeback
This is really a sweet rarity! Thank you Dave for bringing this to us.
Post a Comment