C.W. Post Campus Brookville, NY 5/6/77
WLIR FM broadcast>??> Flac
A great capture of a great show. Early Billy Joel playing in N.Y. - home turf and all that.
No more info on lineage is available to me. That being said, the quality of the recording is top notch. The lack of any noticable tape hiss and clarity of the recording makes me believe this was taped during a fairly recent rebroadcast of the show.
Disc 1
1. Miami 2017
2. Somewhere Along the Line
3. Summer, Highland Falls
4. Piano Man
5. Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
6. James
7. Angry Young Man
8. NY State of Mind
9. Traveling Prayer
10. Traveling Prayer cont.
11. Just the Way You Are
12. The Entertainer
13. You Are My Home
Disc 2
1. Root Beer Rag
2. She's Got A Way
3. The Ballad Of Billy The Kid
4. I’ve Loved These Days
5. Captain Jack
6. Worse Comes to Worse
7. Ain’t No Crime
8. Say Goodbye to Hollywood
9. Weekend Song
10. Souvenir
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-27d227
http://lix.in/-2958c8
http://lix.in/-2adf69
http://lix.in/-2c660a
http://lix.in/-2decab
http://lix.in/-2f734c
http://lix.in/-21b7ad
http://lix.in/-233e4e
megaupload:
http://link-protector.com/529128/
http://link-protector.com/529129/
http://link-protector.com/529130/
http://link-protector.com/529131/
http://link-protector.com/529132/
http://link-protector.com/529133/
http://link-protector.com/529134/
http://link-protector.com/529135/
or
http://lix.in/-2b4143
http://lix.in/-2cc7e4
http://lix.in/-2e4e85
http://lix.in/-2fd526
http://lix.in/-221987
http://lix.in/-23a028
http://lix.in/-2526c9
http://lix.in/-26ad6a
Comments welcome.
11 comments:
This is incredible...terrific sound quality. I saw my first concert ever on this tour...I got to see Billy Joel at a small theatre in our hometown of Reading PA a few weeks after this show in LI. I was 13 years old and it launched my rock music passion. Thanks much for the trip down memory lane.
Thank you for all of your posts and work. I enjoy all of the music you share.
I have a pretty legnthly request list:
70's & 80's punk:
sex pistols
clash
dead kennedys
black flag
ramones
any other good stuff
60's & 70's classic rock:
more aerosmith
peter green's fleetwood mac
more dylan
big brother / janis
buffalo springfeild
byrds / csn(y)
chicago
alice cooper
zz top
rod stewart
some more metal / hard rock:
janes's addiction
faith no more
iron maiden (thanks guitar hero 3)
Random:
bob marley or any of the marleys
willie nelson
rat pack
elvis
sonic youth
radiohead
weird al
the cure
michael jackson
miles davis
Sorry for the amount of requests.
I have gotten so much music from here and from your posts on Guitars 101. Is there anything more I can do besides use google search? Please let me know...
RJS1620
Please please megaupload again. rapshare sucks, really!
It astounds me that people will take the time to bitch and moan about RS and then not even bother to thank you for sharing or *gasp* actually freaking comment on the music!
great stuff, very nice quality..thanks for sharing 2.0 :)
Stunning share.
I paid for the Rapidshare so, just do that and you should be fine in downloading. The ads do annoy, but if you're good with a keyboard..
Anyway, I want to stress RSJ1620's requests - There are some great Michael Jackson outtakes out there and hope you have and will share with us some MJ stuff.
Maybe some rare Neil Diamond and Steely Dan would rock. Cat Stevens even. Duran Duran studio outtakes if any exist? Sly Stone alternates? Funk rarities? Journey!?!
Thanks very much!
Modster
Please use the blogger search to search the archives. You will find many of the "requests" already on line.
I've put up over 800 shares so far.
:)
Thank you 2.0 for all posts, past and future. I like your choises and taste in music. I appreciate your work here.
RJS1620
Google Ads Clicks Every Day Keeps the Boots Coming Our Way! Thanks Dave!!!
Thanks Dave. Lovely. Is it possible to post a BJ concert concert from the ninetees? Many thanks.
This is fantastic. It contains what is probably the best rendition of 'Piano Man' I have ever heard (and I have heard a fair few). All the tracks are stero but the left channel needs to be tweaked a little. Thanks a million for this - any more Joel is awesome.
Hi
I would be extremely grateful if you could re-upload this album. I've been searching for a good copy everywhere. There is an FM source on guitars 101 but all of his "S" sounds are really harsh and clipped.
Many thanks.
Post a Comment