Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Monkees: Cardiff, UK 1997 (Good+ Aud) FLAC

monkees2
March 12, 1997

Davy Jones
Micky Dolenz
Peter Tork
Michael Nesmith
+ occasional backing band

Disc 1:
01 Pre-show soundtrack (approx. 45 minutes)
02 Monkees Theme
03 Last Train to Clarksville
04 Circle Sky
05 Regional Girl
06 Sunny Girlfriend
07 Mary Mary
08 You and I

Disc 2:
01 Randy Scouse Git
02 Shades of Gray
03 Zilch
04 You Just Maybe the One
05 Oh What a Night
06 I'm a Believer
07 Two-Part Invention #8
08 Rio
09 Lucille
10 Since I Fell For You
11 Daddy's Song
12 For Pete's Sake
13 A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
14 Goin' Down
15 Your Auntie Grizelda
16 Valleri
17 Listen to the Band / Porpoise Song (medley)
18 Daydream Believer
19 (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone
20 Pleasant Valley Sunday

lineage: audience recorded cassette>stand alone CDR recorder>EAC>Traders Little Helper>FLAC

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-3b68c6
http://lix.in/-3cef67
http://lix.in/-3e7608
http://lix.in/-30ba69
http://lix.in/-32410a
http://lix.in/-33c7ab


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-354e4c
http://lix.in/-36d4ed
http://lix.in/-385b8e
http://lix.in/-39e22f
http://lix.in/-3b68d0


Comments welcome.
http://lix.in/-3cef71

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I've searched for years for shows from this tour. They are hard to come by so this is very appreciated.

Anonymous said...

final megaupload link is misplaced in the post, might want to move it up for clarity!

Thanks for all you do!

Anonymous said...

Some of the best pop ever

Anonymous said...

Tired of waiting in Rapidshare and Megaupload?

Do you want to know how to get Rapidshare o Megaupload FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT wining the MONEY on the INTERNET!?

Enter here:


Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Toy can also get money, buy things on eBay, etc...

Click HERE to read!

You can't miss it:

FREE PREMIUM RAPIDSHARE AND MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNTS

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, One day I was working in my yard and my neighbor in Richmond Va approached me and asked me if I wanted to meet the guy who wrote all of the Monkee’s songs. I replied "If his name isn't Tommy Boyce or Bobby Hart, he didn't write any of the Monkee’s songs. And she replied, "Tommy Boyce is my husband’s first cousin." Needless to say I was over there in 10 seconds flat. I got the rare treat of a private "concert" in my neighbor’s basement, part of a massive audience of exactly 5 people, and Tommy Boyce played an electric piano he just happened to have in his trunk of his car. God I wish I had a tape recorder that day. He did a mean Bob Dylan imitation while singing Last Train To Clarksville (originally titled Last Train To Charlottesville, according to the guy who wrote it). He told lots of stories about The Beatles and Hendrix too. I just kept popping questions. Unfortunately, we later heard he committed suicide. Turns out he was doing a cross country drive, seeing all of his relatives one last time (un-be-knownst to them), before he did himself in… sad but true. Thanks for the post.

rrhea said...

Thanks for posting this! This tour got bad reviews in the UK press, causing Mike to quit and not participate in the US tour. I think the critics were idiots. Mike, Peter, Davy, and Mickey are all in great vocal form, they all play well, they're clearly having a lot of fun playing together. The crowd is very enthusiastic. I especially loved it when they yelled "Peter Peter Peter!" when Tork took out his banjo.