Location: The Capitol Center, Landover Maryland
Date: 15th August 1978
Discs: 2
Format: NTSC
Mode: SP
Generation: 1st
Video: pro-shot
Audio: soundboard
Menu: authored
Chapters: songs
Rating: 9
Description: ‘Live on the Darkness on the Edge of Town’ from the Watchdog label features a newly unearthed source tape of the famous ‘Largo 78’ pro-shot footage.
This ~2nd generation copy is a major improvement in picture quality when compared to the previously circulated 3rd/4th generation versions. The washed out colours are replaced by more vivid tones and the rolling lines of interference are (mostly) absent.
Whilst undeniably a great upgrade, this is still not the ‘Holy Grail’ that some had hoped for. ‘Jungleland’ is still cut and the tantalising clips from the show in documentaries such as ‘Glory Days’ demonstrate that there is still plenty of room for further improvement. The bitrate is also rather low (the show is squeezed onto one and a half discs) and so an XP transfer of the same tape would probably be slightly better.
The DVD also includes some truly fantastic extras. The Phoenix ’78 footage will be familiar to most collectors and here it is presented from no less than four different source. The best of these (#1) appears to be from an original CBS promo tape with a razor-sharp image, but unfortunately a time stamp is superimposed on the bottom of the frame. The other sources are similar to what we’ve seen before, except for ‘Promised Land’ which is in poor quality.
Finally, the pro shot footage of Bruce’s guest spot with Southside Johnny at the Agora Club, Cleveland in 1978 is also drawn from a stunningly good new source. The set is wrapped together with some fairly average menu designs.
This currently represents the best version of this classic show.
DVD 1
1. Summertime Blues
2. Badlands
3. Spirit In the Night
4. Darkness on the Edge of Town
5. Factory
6. The Promised Land
7. Prove It All Night
8. Racing in the Streets
9. Thunder Road
10. Jungleland (Cut)
11. Paradise By The C
12. 4th of July Asbury Park (Sandy)
13. Sherry Darling
14. Sweet Little Sixteen
15. Not Fade Away
16. Gloria
17. She's The One
18. Growin' Up
19. Backstreets
DVD 2
1. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
2. Born to Run
3. Because the Night
4. Quarter to Three
BONUS TRACKS
5. Rosalita (Phoenix 78 #1)
6. Prove It All Night (Phoenix 78 #1)
7. Badlands (Phoenix 78 #1)
8. Born To Run (Phoenix 78 #1)
9. Prove It All Night (Phoenix 78 #2)
10. Badlands (Phoenix 78 #2)
11. Born To Run (Phoenix 78 #2)
12. Rosalita (Phoenix 78 #3)
13. The Promised Land (Phoenix 78 #4)
14. The Fever (Cleveland 78)
15. I Don't Want To Go Home (Cleveland 78)
16. Havin' A Party (Cleveland 78)
As an experiment, I am posting only a text file to the live links - the password is quality.
Note: The files themselves are only on rapidshare.com:.
Link to the live links text file:
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-3b4ce2
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-36ba67
depositfiles:
http://lix.in/-39c641
_____________________________________________
Note: The files themselves are only on megaupload.
Link to the live links text file:
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-31ed68
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-337409
depositfiles:
http://lix.in/-34faaa
Updated 12-11
11 comments:
I have downloaded this from rapid and mega but everttime I try and open it, after using the correct password, it says it has broken files.
Am I missing something here?
In fact the the DVD1.part01 file is reported as broken as well as many others.
I've downloaded over and over. Anyone have a clue as to what the problem is here?
The Rapidshare Files worked fine for me.
Thank you so much for these brilliant DVDs !
Not time to extract and burn yet, but all rars downloaded from rapidshare and tested OK in winrar. My mrs loves Springsteen..
thank you in advance for a good weekend.. I'm gladly anticipating my 'reward' after she's finished watching this lot..
thanks..
Before I upload my files I use winrar to test and verify the files so if there is a problem it usuually is between the upload, the server and the download. Because all files contain a "recovery record" if you open winrar, locate the file, highlight it and click "repair" you should be able to solve your problem.. Do this for all the files that you're having difficulties with.
When you are all done (again using the winrar PROGRAM not the SHORTCUT extract the files and click the box on the lower left that says "keep broken files". You may encounter momentary micro glitches in your playback but I am certain that it will not affect your enjoyment.
-Dave
PS Glad rapidshare is fine (they are the EXACT same files).
Thank you for this one Dave!
I too have downloaded the entire set from RapidShare and have extracted all of the RAR files with no problems. Am burning disc 1 now...
For Feedback, Dave, I think for large, exhaustive type downloads such as DVDs like this one where there are 70+ links, this method worked great! It definately saved me time. For smaller audio CDs with 10 or less links, it doesn't seem to make any difference to me. I use a method where I copy the links into a Microsoft Word Doc and then CTRL + Click them to bring them up in up IE. I use GetRight download manager from there.
CRC integrity test failed? Anybody know a way around this?
Tired of waiting in Rapidshare and Megaupload?
Do you want to know how to get Rapidshare o Megaupload FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT wining the MONEY on the INTERNET!?
Enter here:
Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT
Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT
Toy can also get money, buy things on eBay, etc...
Click HERE to read!
You can't miss it:
FREE PREMIUM RAPIDSHARE AND MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNTS
first of all, thank's for this great concert, i hope, i say i hope because no problem to download the files but problems to burn, with dvd 1 ok i burnt it with express burn but dvd 2 with the same software makes my computer crazy. Does anyone have a solution for that ?
please , please reupload! thanks!!!
Agreed. Please, please reupload. I lost this when my hard drive malfunctioned. You're the best, Dave!
Post a Comment