Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Climax Blues Band: BBC Session 1976 (FLAC)

-cake
dumb photo...great band
BBC Session, Maida Vale, Studio 4 - 16 Sep 1976
From the original radio broadcast, recorded FM to reel-to-reel.
Recording lineage: Original FM broadcast -> Revox B77 reel-to-reel, original reel then dubbed to -> DAT(M) @ 48kHz
Playback lineage: DAT(M) on Tascam DA-20 -> Alesis Masterlink (sample rate conv to 44.1kHz, track splits, level adj) -> CDR -> EAC to .wav -> TLH to .flac
First broadcast 8 Oct 1976, recorded 16 Sep 1976

Personnel:
Peter Haycock - Guitar, Vocals
Colin Cooper - Saxophone, vocals
Derek Holt - Bass
John Cuffley - Drums
Richard Jones - Keyoards

01 Mighty Fire
02 Couldn't Get It Right
03 Together & Free
04 Chasin' Change

rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-3a8775
http://lix.in/-3c0e16


megaupload:
http://lix.in/-346d0f
http://lix.in/-35f3b0


Comments welcome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A vastly underrated band. Thank you so very much for sharing this!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Donations? You've got the nerve to ask for DONATIONS, when you did exactly NO work in sourcing or bringing this torrent to the world at large....??!?!

You don't have the original tape, you haven't done any transfer work on it, all you've done is lift it from one site and place it here as though it's your own.

Anonymous said...

There are at least 10 reasons why the comment above this one is completely inappropriate. I have no affiliation with Quality Boots but if the cowardly poster above wishes to engage in a legitimate conversation regarding donations and Quality Boots I would be more than happy to participate. As of now the only 'nerve' I see is the anonymous poster making unsupported, unwarranted, and above all unrebuttable arguments.

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am grateful to Quality Boots for all his work to share this and all the other great material I find here (In one place!). Original work or not, it takes time and effort to post these shows here. If someone cares to help defray the cost for the time and effort, he/she is free to donate. Otherwise, it is not a requirement to enjoy the postings here on Quality Boots.
Thank you Dave for lifting material like this and for placing it here for me to access and enjoy. I do appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Question to QualityBoots: Do you have the an original FM tape of this session, recorded off-air in 1976?

I do. I recorded it to open reel tape that year, and I've got it sitting on a shelf just across the room from me, along with the CD I made of it a few weeks ago, from the DAT safety copy. If I could post pictures here, I'd post a picture of them.

Question to QB: What's your source for these files?

It looks to me, since the text in this file is EXACTLY the same as a text file that I have sitting on my PC hard drive, as though your source is the torrent that I uploaded on another site; all you've done is lift the files from there, and post them here.

I have no real issue with you sharing the music with others, but I take serious exception to you asking for DONATIONS as though you've incurred some monetary expense in bringing this session to the world, when in reality, you haven't. I recorded it originally, transferred it, and uploaded it elsewhere.

I eagerly await any rebuttal of this from Quality Boots, or any other commentators. If the first poster would like to outline his 10 reasons why this is inappropriate, I look forward to reading them.

To the second poster; it's taken QB NO TIME OR EFFORT AT ALL, with the exception of a glorified cut 'n' paste operation to move some files around.

Virtually all the effort was mine, and, again, I object to QB asking for 'donations' when he didn't do the work.

Anonymous said...

The line above this comment box says "keep it clean, keep it honest"

I've done both.

Anonymous said...

Well, I seem to have silenced everybody.

Nobody wants to enter into a 'legitimate conversation' anymore, then?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous here again.

I see that Qualitybootz is still encouraging the public to 'donate' to him/her, whilst hosting the files that I created, and which he/she had no part in transferring from the original tapes.

What, nothing to say, QB ???