This, too, was a gift to us from my friend Randy. No info was provided but it is excellent quality. (Soundboard, Ex FM or EX+ Aud)
101 Karn Evil 9 1st Impression pt2
102 Eruption
103 Stones Of Years
104 Iconoclast
105 Knife Edge
106 Paper Blood
107 Black Moon
108 Close To Home
109 Creole Dance
110 Still You Turn Me On
111 C Est La Vie
112 Lucky Man
113 Honky Tonk Train Blues
114 Touch And Go
115 Pirates
201 Hoedown
202 Promenade
203 The Gnome
204 Promenade
205 The Hut Of Baba Yaga
206 Drum Solo
207 The Great Gates Of Kiev
208 Fanfare For The Common Man Including- America Rondo
links removed due to (possible - partial) official status. see comments.
14 comments:
Hi Dave,
Looks very much like the official release...
Cheers
Stephane
Please help me understand your comment.
Do you mean that it is similar to Live at the Royal Albert Hall (1992) or that it is an official recording that I may not be aware of?
If the latter then do you have a link?
Dave
I can tell you now that it is from an FM broadcast.
Thanks Dave this should be great!!! Hmmmm I thought I had all of the official ELP releases in my collection, I really don't think this was ever officially released. Yeah agreed there are similarities to Live At The Royal Albert Hall, after all its the same tour, but I think its safe to say this show was never officially released by the band. Thanks again!
Hi Dave,
Look/listen at "The original bootleg series from the Manticore Vaults, Vol. Three" which includes the Wiltern Theatre, March 1993.
Even the tracks lenght are identical...
Cheers
Stephane
Thx.
I'll only keep this up for three days - then it's gone.
Dave
Stephane,
It should be noted that ELP played the Wiltern Theatre multiple nights that March. I know because I lived two blocks from the theater at the time and I attended one of the shows and it was not this night. The recording that you reference does not state a specific date for the recording, only "March 2003" therefore, it "could" be from a different night. Their shows were the same night after night and the things they said to the audience were fairly scripted as well.
Great show. Many thanks.
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-5f7f99
or
http://lix.in/-5c7261
http://lix.in/-5df902
http://lix.in/-5f7fa3
http://lix.in/-610644
http://lix.in/-628ce5
http://lix.in/-641386
http://lix.in/-5657e7
http://lix.in/-57de88
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-628cb3
or
http://lix.in/-61061c
http://lix.in/-628cbd
http://lix.in/-64135e
http://lix.in/-5657bf
http://lix.in/-57de60
http://lix.in/-596501
http://lix.in/-5aeba2
http://lix.in/-5c7243
Thank you very much
Billy
Hi Dave,
I just had a quick listen to compare the two and couldn't notice any difference. Even the edit at the beginning of Honky Tonk Train Blues is the same... So if it is not the official release, then it is VERY similar.
It is unfortunate as good quality recordings of ELP are so rare...
Many thanks
Cheers
Stephane
Hey Dave Thanks for keeping this up just a bit longer. I recently listened to Tarkus after not having paid any attention to ELP in .many years. So naturally I was curious when I came across this. cheers.
The links here in comments should still work. At least the Megaupload links for sure.
nstethanx to anonymous.
Post a Comment