The Riverside Centroplex
Baton Rouge, LA
June 27, 1979
“Red Stick” - TheTooleMan’s 30th Anniversary Edition
Lineage: audience tape -> audio cd -> EAC -> Sound Forge/Vegas -> FLAC
OU: A great concert from the last few days of the 10th anniversary “In The Round” tour. (As Jon comments before the long medley, the band had been together 11 years by the time of this show.)
And this is one of the best audience recordings of this tour! Highs are crisp and clear, the bass forceful. There are a few spots of distortion – it was a loud concert - but fortunately for us they don’t last long and aren’t too bad.
I remastered and circulated this recording in 2002 with the title “Red Stick.” This is a new remaster, done from scratch in June 2009. I went back to the original audio CD’s rather than building on the work I’d done in the past. Changes and improvements to the original CD’s include pitch correction, fixing abrupt volume changes, EQ, and editing to fill a small piece of “All Good People” and a few other miscellaneous shortcomings.
When I attended this show, little did I know that I would not see the “classic” Yes line-up again for 23 years. Enjoy it like it’s 1979.
TheTooleMan - June 27, 2009
Yes (the “classic” line-up):
Jon Anderson
Steve Howe
Chris Squire
Rick Wakeman
Alan White
Tracks:
Benjamin Britten/John Williams Intro
Siberian Khatru
Heart Of The Sunrise
Future Times/Rejoice
Circus Of Heaven
Medley: Time And A Word/Long Distance Runaround/Survival/The Fish (Schindleria
Praematurus)/Perpetual Change/Soon
Clap
Arriving UFO
Starship Trooper
Wakeman Solo
Awaken
Leaves Of Green
Tour Song
I've Seen All Good People
Roundabout
links require copy and paste to browser
rapidshare.com:
http://lix.in/-57c7df
or
http://lix.in/-594e8a
http://lix.in/-5ad52b
http://lix.in/-5c5bcc
http://lix.in/-5de26d
http://lix.in/-5f690e
http://lix.in/-60efaf
http://lix.in/-627650
http://lix.in/-63fcf1
http://lix.in/-658392
megaupload:
http://lix.in/-594e3a
or
http://lix.in/-57c7d5
http://lix.in/-594e76
http://lix.in/-5ad517
http://lix.in/-5c5bb8
http://lix.in/-5de259
http://lix.in/-5f68fa
http://lix.in/-60ef9b
http://lix.in/-62763c
http://lix.in/-63fcdd
Comments welcome.
1 comment:
i have this already in 320kbps quality. cant wait for this in .flac!!! this is an incredible show. far superior to any of the other 1979 portions of this tour ive heard. most shows from the 1979 portion of the Tormato tour may have good sound quality, but the band usually sounds tired & lifeless. not so with this one!! the recording is excellent, and the band is totally on fire this night!!! definately a gem for Yesfans!!! GET IT!!!
Post a Comment