Sam Boyd Silver Bowl
Las Vegas, NV (Opening for the Grateful Dead)
Remastered and Complete


May 15, 1993
1. Tea In The Sahara / Consider Me Gone
2. Walking On the Moon
3. If I Ever Lose My Faith In You
4. Love Is Stronger Than Justice
5. A Day In The Life
6. Fields Of Gold
7. Synchronicity II
8. Roxanne
9. Englishman In New York
10. King Of Pain
11. Bring On The Night / When The World Is Running Down (part audience)
12. Every Breath You Take (audience)
May 16, 1993
1. Blackbird (audience)
2. Ain't No Sunshine
3. Children's Crusade
4. Seven Days
5. Everything Little Thing She Does Is Magic
6. Fortress Around Your Heart
7. Penny Lane
8. It's Probably Me / Sister Moon
9. Shape Of My Heart
10. Purple Haze
11. Message In A Bottle
12. She's Too Good For Me
13. Nothing 'Bout Me
14. Fragile (part audience)
Source: Sbd + Aud > EAC > Sound Forge 6.0 > CD Wave > 2shn/2cdr
Aud Source: akg460+ck8x > pansv255 > pcm > dat > cd > eac > wav > mkw > shnv3
Remastered by ALS, May 2003
Comments:
Sting opened for The Grateful Dead several times in 1993. On May 15-16, 1993 he opened for the Dead at the Sam Boyd Silver
Bowl in Las Vegas. Audience tapes of these performances have always been available but it was not until Fall 2002 that
soundboards of these shows began to surface. The good news is that both shows sound terrific - there is a wonderful depth
to the music and the vocals and instruments are very well balanced. The bad news is that the soundboards for both shows are
incomplete. The May 15th soundboard does not include the last part of "When the World..." and "Every Breath You Take." The
May 16th soundboard does not include the opening track, "Blackbird." These remastered and complete versions contain an
audience patch for the missing tracks. Also, although I usually don't like to modify the music, I have made one minor
change. The opening of "Purple Haze" is botched in a manner that is both awful-sounding and dangerous to perfectly good
speakers and ear drums. I have taken the liberty of minimizing but not eliminating the offending passage.
http://link-protector.com/355193/
http://link-protector.com/355194/
http://link-protector.com/355195/
http://link-protector.com/355196/
http://link-protector.com/355197/
http://link-protector.com/355198/
http://link-protector.com/355199/
http://link-protector.com/355200/
http://link-protector.com/355201/
http://link-protector.com/355192/
5 comments:
This really is fantastic!
I don't know much about the time when Sting supported the Grateful Dead, but these 2 shows are incredible for 2 reasons:
(1) Each setlist is completely different - no song is repeated on the second night! Why did this happen? There must have been a reason - normally Sting's setlist changes disappointingly little, especially for someone who has so many different songs to choose from, (Bruce Springsteen he ain't!).
(2) The sound quality is absolutely fantastic - a genuine soundboard. Genuine Sting soundboards (ie apart from radio) are incredibly rare - I'm guessing that being the support artist meant that he lost some sort of control over this, but still why so many different songs?
Anyway, I'm so glad I found this - I have a reasonable selection of boots from record fairs & internet etc, but missed out on this one - so thank you very much for uploading and sharing!
(Requests while I'm here: Finn Brothers; Til Tuesday (1x1987 live show exists but can't find);+ any more Sting soundboards?)
Superb job - thanks again, Nick
This seems like a great post, but the two times I tried to download the file using the "link-protector," the website tried to infect my computer with some nasty and vicious trojans and other viruses. This link should be avoided at all costs.
If you can reload it on another server to avoid this spyware trap, please consider doing so. Thank you.
Hi, thankyou for this, just wondering if you had the chance of verify the files... audichecker says that this are mp3-sourced... :(
Tired of waiting in Rapidshare and Megaupload?
Do you want to know how to get Rapidshare o Megaupload FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT wining the MONEY on the INTERNET!?
Enter here:
Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT
Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT
Toy can also get money, buy things on eBay, etc...
Click HERE to read!
You can't miss it:
FREE PREMIUM RAPIDSHARE AND MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNTS
excellent Sting concert - thanks very much for this and others I have downloaded - great music and you are the best - fantastic music site - unreal !! Gary
Post a Comment