Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pink Floyd: 8 MM (1972 - 1977) .wmv files

For this post think "amateur 8MM film (by people who were probably stoned) with better than average audio". A unique remembrance of Pink Floyd's years of superstardom but it is NOT proshot stuff. I could've posted this as a DVD but the quality really didn't warrant that. 2.0
Harvested Records (HRV DVD 009)
Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com
Notes from Harvested.org
I discovered most of these 8mm films over 20 years ago and have enjoyed watching my low gen VHS copies ever since. When I began archiving my collection onto DVD, I knew that one day I'd be faced with the task of digitally remastering these old 8mm films. I was fortunate enough to know the person that purchased the original films of the Hollywood Bowl and LA Sports Arena which were professionally transferred to S-VHS tape in the late 80's. This person was kind enough to loan me his master which I captured and used as the source for this DVD. I wish I could say that the Vienna footage was any better than what has been in circulation, but there's a good chance that those videos used mine as a source anyway. The short Anaheim 77 footage and the newly surfaced Munich 77 footage round this collection off nicely. There's not much available in regards to video footage from 1972-1977 (a very significant time in the band's history, especially in regards to live performance), so hopefully this will fill in a few of the gaps for the time being.
I replaced all the audio from the original footage that had live sound (LA 75, Vienna 77) and synched up the correct audio to the rest, which was never properly done until now.

Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles 22 Sept 1972
http://lix.in/17572988
http://lix.in/40c491a3
http://lix.in/3c433b9d


LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles 27 April 1975
http://lix.in/b9427528
http://lix.in/6ad63822


Wien Statdhalle, Vienna 1 Feb 1977
http://lix.in/eea81bf6
http://lix.in/17b9f460


Anaheim Stadium, California 6 May 1977
http://lix.in/692e1c54

Olympiahalle, Munich 1 March 1977
http://lix.in/7c10c085
http://lix.in/19edb1b6


Philladelphia Spectrum 9 April 1972
http://lix.in/c6eaab90

maybe some of you were at one or more of these gigs :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great treasure.
I have become addicted to this blog.
Many, many, many thanks.

psy

Anonymous said...

PSY - what would you like to see posted here?

Anonymous said...

All material Pink Floyd, I am a fan.
A greeting from Barcelona, Spain
Thank you very much.

PSY.

Anonymous said...

Excellent. Thanks for shared.
Have you got more HRV ?
Reach for a peach?

Greetings

Anonymous said...

Yes Dave, you were right. This is definitely not ProShot vids :-)) but nevertheless this is very interesting for all PF fans we are.

Can you confirm me please that the last vid (Philadelphia Spectrum 9 April 1972) contains only Video and NO audio. Is it normal (all other vids include audio) ?

dsotm

Anonymous said...

The last video has no sound (mute) Is it normal?
Great stuff, congratulations

São Paulo - Brazil

Anonymous said...

excellent as usual!!! any chance u have something like this about genesis , era 1970-1978 (still there where 5 or at least 4) THANKS A LOT DUDE !!Continue like this! sorry about my english.Can we send messages in brasileiro or spanish? Obrigado !

Anonymous said...

Oh yes brother isso aqui é demais tá tudo dominado Pink Floyd na veia aqui no qualityboots é overdose na certa falow. Valew.

Anonymous said...

Tired of waiting in Rapidshare and Megaupload?

Do you want to know how to get Rapidshare o Megaupload FREE PREMIUM ACCOUNT wining the MONEY on the INTERNET!?

Enter here:


Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Click HERE to read how to get the PREMIUM ACCOUNT

Toy can also get money, buy things on eBay, etc...

Click HERE to read!

You can't miss it:

FREE PREMIUM RAPIDSHARE AND MEGAUPLOAD ACCOUNTS